Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:30 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 131  Next
 What has mildly entertained/annoyed you today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Soooo, you think a woman sent you 2 emails not expecting a response?

:ROFLMAO: :rofl9: :045: :drool:

Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:27 pm

So, after getting the 24/7 timer installed for my outside garage lights and getting them swapped over to LEDs, I had programed the on/off times for M-F and SS..... I had noticed that the lights have still been on after1am when I looked and on in the morning if I hadn't noticed. I was going to 'hardcore program' it to just have an OFF setting with no On setting on the last program just to make sure.... As I was scrolling thru the programs, I was happy that I caught that not only do you have to specify the days for the ON segment of the program --- you have to program the days for the OFF segment of the SAME program!?!?!? Seems kinda counter intuitive.... but OK.... it would have been nice if they would have mentioned THAT in the instructions. I don't know how many people would actually make that many complicated programs - I guess it depends what you are actually using it for. It seems like that with 18 separate programs, that would be more than capable enuff.

Oh -- kinda annoyed that this timer isn't an 'astro' model that compensates for sunrise/sunset.... but on the other hand, my last one wasn't very good at it anyways. Guess I'll just have to manually adjust the programs every 1.5-2 months to account for it. Actually pretty happy to FINALLY get those bulbs swapped to LED --- 160W down to 25W on a daily basis for 5-8 hrs per day will probably pay off quickly ---- not to mention NOT having to replace one of the 4 bulbs every 3-4 months.

Surprising how much brighter a 60W led is over a 40W halogen..... pretty happy I went with soft-whites instead of the daylights.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:

Surprising how much brighter a 60W led is over a 40W halogen..... pretty happy I went with soft-whites instead of the daylights.....

As pointed out in my light thread....

Halogen/incandescent use a filament that generates heat, and causes light as a byproduct. Most of the energy used by a conventional/halogen bulb is wasted as heat.

LEDs are the exact opposite, where most of their energy goes to producing light, with only a little heat as the byproduct.

60W would be ~ 250-300w halogen equivalent, and put out around 5000 lumens... for comparison, the average car headlight is 800-1000 lumens.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:57 pm

Actually --- 60W equivalent - should have clarified... but yeah --- I know.

What I found interesting is that the 60W equivalent is 8.5W --- but if you step up to the 100W equivalent its 18W.... Yeah --- not everything is linear.

I was just happy that the Fiet bulbs I picked up at Costco actually have GLASS bulbs instead of plastic. I'm also impressed how good the dimming is with them now with the new compatible dimmers --- kinda glad I waited on them instead of jumping in early for them --- I wasn't impressed with the dimming range or the flicker you'd get with the early generations.... too much evolution for the standards to keep up.
I'm still kinda pissed that every LED in the kitchen/dining room/family room flickers when my fridge kicks on or I turn on my stereo -- non of the IC or CFLs do that....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:16 pm

Mildly entertaining... as an '80s kid Knight Rider on TV was part of my childhood, and this morning stopping at a store on my way back from Neighborhood Watch to resume catering to the Bedridden Queen of Pain's whims I was surprised to see that Hot Wheels sculpted a miniature version of KITT with the "silly popout mode" gimmick that was their last desperate flail to save a dying show.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:55 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Griner gots a MANS voice :ROFLMAO:

Fauccchhi gonna throw the Ceremonial first pitch Tuesday vs NY at Seattle

Any bets it makes it all the way to 3 base dugout?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:25 am

Yuck. The Plague King HERE? *vomiting*

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Griner gots a MANS voice :ROFLMAO:

I'm guessing he has, or had, more man parts than that.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:

Bring piss bottles and throw them at him.

Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:11 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Eddie Dean wrote:
Diamondback wrote:

Yeah UW Medicine is giving him a trophy.

I see him throwing like a left handed school girl.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:51 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Friday in Walla Squared carried into the So Security Office.

Guard there asked me twice if I had a weapon.

NOPE!

Musta been printing a bit.

Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:56 am

WaJim wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:
Diamondback wrote:

I wouldn't insult lefthanders or schoolgirls with the comparison...

Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:
Diamondback wrote:

No big surprise…they lied and backed his bogus proclamations about the virus throughout the pandemic…

#ThanksForAllTheResearchMoneyFauci

Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After reading about the guy getting arrested with a tec-9 I thought I'd see what those are going for these days

Ran across this little gem:

Assault Weapons: The Case Against The TEC-9
Frank M. Pitre
Consumer Attorneys of California Annual Seminar 1996
https://www.cpmlegal.com/publication-Assault_Weapons_The_Case_Against_The_TEC_9

Quote:
A. The TEC-9 Has More Firepower Than Any Other Readily Concealable Weapon.

The TEC-9 represented the maximum amount of firepower commercially available to buyers at the time of the 1001 California Street shootings. The TEC-9 offered firepower approaching or exceeding that of military-type weapons such as the AK-47 and the Colt AR-15. Its use of staggered, double-column ammunition magazines is associated with military or law enforcement, not civilian shooting requirements. Even large capacity, commercially available semi-automatic pistols such as the Glock 17 cannot match the firepower of the TEC-9.
The TEC-9 ventilated barrel shroud is a feature normally found only on military-style firearms, not on conventional handguns. Its primary purpose is to allow the shooter to grasp the barrel and sweep the weapon from side to side while firing rapidly -- called a "spray fire" technique -- without burning his or her hands. It also helps to stabilize the weapon during rapid firing. If discharged rapidly using a spray fire technique (an experienced shooter can empty a 32-round magazine in seconds), the TEC-9 can be used very effectively in close quarters against 5 to 10 individuals.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
After reading about the guy getting arrested with a tec-9 I thought I'd see what those are going for these days

Ran across this little gem:

Assault Weapons: The Case Against The TEC-9
Frank M. Pitre
Consumer Attorneys of California Annual Seminar 1996
https://www.cpmlegal.com/publication-Assault_Weapons_The_Case_Against_The_TEC_9

Quote:
A. The TEC-9 Has More Firepower Than Any Other Readily Concealable Weapon.

The TEC-9 represented the maximum amount of firepower commercially available to buyers at the time of the 1001 California Street shootings. The TEC-9 offered firepower approaching or exceeding that of military-type weapons such as the AK-47 and the Colt AR-15. Its use of staggered, double-column ammunition magazines is associated with military or law enforcement, not civilian shooting requirements. Even large capacity, commercially available semi-automatic pistols such as the Glock 17 cannot match the firepower of the TEC-9.
The TEC-9 ventilated barrel shroud is a feature normally found only on military-style firearms, not on conventional handguns. Its primary purpose is to allow the shooter to grasp the barrel and sweep the weapon from side to side while firing rapidly -- called a "spray fire" technique -- without burning his or her hands. It also helps to stabilize the weapon during rapid firing. If discharged rapidly using a spray fire technique (an experienced shooter can empty a 32-round magazine in seconds), the TEC-9 can be used very effectively in close quarters against 5 to 10 individuals.

WOW! I had no idea. I want one now. No, I want two!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 1951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 131  Next