Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Ashli Babbit's Murderers identity partly exposed 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Alpine wrote:
Of course the dipshit softball interview....

Agreed, the interview was total shit. I watched it "live" on the nightly news, and said the same thing to my gf. They made a point right up front to say that Ashli was a Trump supporter and a QAnon follower, and then they one-by-one brought up all of the topics that he wanted to explain away.

Now with that said . . . I still believe that we would all proclaim it a "good shoot" in any other circumstance, and I think that it was.

:peep:

If situation was reversed, and it was antifa and I was the officer, I probably would have shot as well. Definitely sent a message that no one was making it past that door.

I think the issue is, instead of 'this sucks, it was a shit situation, but we made the best call we could at the time', it has turned into 'he's a hero in the fight against the evil Trump supporters'... That's BS.

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
More tyranny:
Vaccine database.
No vax; no fly (list)
No vax, no fly; NO GUNS

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/08/no-vac ... fiscation/

Belongs in the civil war thread.

In all seriousness, if they go for this, that may well be the spark.

Turn me into a fucking criminal. I fucking dare you.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Derek Chauvin: Convicted Murderer
Michael Byrd: Investigated by his own department, not charged, won't stand trial

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Alpine wrote:
Of course the dipshit softball interview....

Agreed, the interview was total shit. I watched it "live" on the nightly news, and said the same thing to my gf. They made a point right up front to say that Ashli was a Trump supporter and a QAnon follower, and then they one-by-one brought up all of the topics that he wanted to explain away.

Now with that said . . . I still believe that we would all proclaim it a "good shoot" in any other circumstance, and I think that it was.

:peep:

If situation was reversed, and it was antifa and I was the officer, I probably would have shot as well. Definitely sent a message that no one was making it past that door.

I think the issue is, instead of 'this sucks, it was a shit situation, but we made the best call we could at the time', it has turned into 'he's a hero in the fight against the evil Trump supporters'... That's BS.

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
More tyranny:
Vaccine database.
No vax; no fly (list)
No vax, no fly; NO GUNS

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/08/no-vac ... fiscation/

Belongs in the civil war thread.

In all seriousness, if they go for this, that may well be the spark.

Turn me into a fucking criminal. I fucking dare you.

Not sure how that's related?

I can imagine myself in a situation, and judge how I would likely react.

I judge myself on morality, not legality.

Those two statements are not incongruent, in any way.

In my perception, would I be defending myself/others from a seemingly violent mob that was making entry into my space? Would they be posing a threat? A man is crawling into your house after busting the window on your door, what do you do?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What I will do and what we need to do is remove from power the people criminalizing us defending ourselves, standing up for ourselves and creating a two-tiered legal system that is literally killing us, while letting their preferred groups wreck all the chaos, havoc and violence on society they want without any legal consequences.

At some point this needs to end. Let's hope we can do it peacefully via the ballot box.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
What I will do and what we need to do is remove from power the people criminalizing us defending ourselves, standing up for ourselves and creating a two-tiered legal system that is literally killing us, while letting their preferred groups wreck all the chaos, havoc and violence on society they want without any legal consequences.

At some point this needs to end. Let's hope we can do it peacefully via the ballot box.

I agree. But also understand there's nuance in a situation, and even someone you don't like or disagree with 100% politically, can be morally right, or deserve benefit of the doubt in a fucky situation.

The key to being objective is to view things from all sides, not just yours.

I put myself in that position and question what I would do.

I've stated numerous times that if I was, for example, downtown at Macy's, and Antifa pulled their shit they were doing like running pikes through windows, and trying to crawl through the hole, I would not allow them to make entry, due to their obvious violent intent.

I see this in the same context. Person defending himself and others, 'violent' mob busting out windows/doors trying to get in.

Perception is reality.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:43 am

TechnoWeenie wrote:
In my perception, would I be defending myself/others from a seemingly violent mob that was making entry into my space? Would they be posing a threat? A man is crawling into your house after busting the window on your door, what do you do?

Law doesn't care how you judge yourself. Everybody has its own bugs in the head. Hope you're not a LEO in real life. You're just repeating antifa's position that allowed themselves openly criminal behavior because it was "morally" justified to fight "fascists", "white supremasicists", etc.

And from the point of view of the law this was NOT a situation where somebody trespasses into your "place of abode" under "castle doctrine". And the "castle doctrine" is the only EXCEPTION allowing you to use a deadly force against simple trespass and infer a violent intent and threat to your life from the trespass. (And, btw, in DC even if it was your "place of abode" they do not have a "castle doctrine" providing you with this exception.)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:

I agree. But also understand there's nuance in a situation, and even someone you don't like or disagree with 100% politically, can be morally right, or deserve benefit of the doubt in a fucky situation.

I've stated numerous times that if I was, for example, downtown at Macy's, and Antifa pulled their shit they were doing like running pikes through windows, and trying to crawl through the hole, I would not allow them to make entry, due to their obvious violent intent.

I see this in the same context. Person defending himself and others, 'violent' mob busting out windows/doors trying to get in.

Perception is reality.

And remember, it doesn't matter if the mob outside is actually being violent or not. What matters is what a reasonable person in that situation would do with the knowledge they had at the time. If that reasonable person is under the impression that there is a violent mob attempting to force entry, well, that counts for something.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Perception is reality.

And remember, it doesn't matter if the mob outside is actually being violent or not. What matters is what a reasonable person in that situation would do with the knowledge they had at the time. If that reasonable person is under the impression that there is a violent mob attempting to force entry, well, that counts for something.

Which is why, although I think it's a shit situation and wished it ended without a lethal use of force, I understand why he shot, and probably would have done the same thing if I was in that situation, as I've explained I would in similar situations.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Law doesn't care how you judge yourself. Everybody has its own bugs in the head. Hope you're not a LEO in real life. You're just repeating antifa's position that allowed themselves openly criminal behavior because it was "morally" justified to fight "fascists", "white supremasicists", etc.

And from the point of view of the law this was NOT a situation where somebody trespasses into your "place of abode" under "castle doctrine". And the "castle doctrine" is the only EXCEPTION allowing you to use a deadly force against simple trespass and infer a violent intent and threat to your life from the trespass. (And, btw, in DC even if it was your "place of abode" they do not have a "castle doctrine" providing you with this exception.)

Today's freedom fighter is tomorrow's terrorist.

The Boston tea party was carried out by 'terrorists'... The revolution was fought by 'traitors'.....

Of course Antifa thinks they're morally superior..... Just like ISIS, and Timothy Mcveigh....and George Washington... and... you get the idea...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I guess the lesson here is win or die. How sad for our society. I wonder how many would have called the Boston massacre a "good shoot" if they lived at the time instead of looking back now.

Quote:

Quote:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
I guess the lesson here is win or die.

Ultimately, yes.

Quote:
How sad for our society. I wonder how many would have called the Boston massacre a "good shoot" if they lived at the time instead of looking back now.

Depends on your definition of tyranny, and where your moral compass aligns.

I've seen plenty of posts talking about how cops should beat the shit out of/shoot antifa rioters... If you recall, the Boston Massacre involved people throwing rocks and the like.. So, if you're seeing the British as an occupying force and tyrannical, then it's excessive. If you view them as peace keepers putting down a riot/'insurrection', then you'd probably support them.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:07 pm

Pvanderzee wrote:
And remember, it doesn't matter if the mob outside is actually being violent or not. What matters is what a reasonable person in that situation would do with the knowledge they had at the time...

No, it doesn't matter "what a reasonable person in that situation would do".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifiable_homicide
Quote:
The key to this legal defense is that it was reasonable for the subject to believe that there was an imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent by the deceased when they committed the homicide. A homicide in this instance is blameless.[[/b]

Remove any component from this and you're a murderer.

Byrd is the only idiot on the force with a habit to hold his twitchy finger on a trigger in the whole Jan 6 riots who believed that. How is this "reasonable"? Only trial could "exonerate" him.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:
And remember, it doesn't matter if the mob outside is actually being violent or not. What matters is what a reasonable person in that situation would do with the knowledge they had at the time...

No, it doesn't matter "what a reasonable person in that situation would do".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifiable_homicide
Quote:
The key to this legal defense is that it was reasonable for the subject to believe that there was an imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent by the deceased when they committed the homicide. A homicide in this instance is blameless.[[/b]

Remove any component from this and you're a murderer.

Byrd is the only idiot on the force with a habit to hold his twitchy finger on a trigger in the whole Jan 6 riots who believed that. How is this "reasonable"? Only trial could "exonerate" him.

A trial by jury would seem appropriate.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:57 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Today's freedom fighter is tomorrow's terrorist.

The Boston tea party was carried out by 'terrorists'... The revolution was fought by 'traitors'.....

Of course Antifa thinks they're morally superior..... Just like ISIS, and Timothy Mcveigh....and George Washington... and... you get the idea...

Not sure what this sentiment has to do with Ashli's murder. My point is about whether execution of a trespassing political protester by gov-t police officer was legally excusable. Whether one sees her as a freedom fighter or a terrorist , or "traitor" shouldn't matter in this case. What matters to me is 1A and the law.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:00 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:

A trial by jury would seem appropriate.

Here we're in a full agreement.
Instead we got unprecedented measures to deny any prosecution effort and keeping even a killer's identity "secret" since Jan... People who were burning cities screaming "say her name" - suddenly sneering "she deserved it as terrorist she was" and welcoming internal police investigation. Alternate universe... So moreover - I see the gov-t explicitly complicit in her murder by denying justice for her and her family.

Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next