Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nitro_Guns wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Soo..

Mail in ballots are accepted?

:bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I don't know how Cascade does their "mail in" ballots however, at our club, all of our ballots are serialized to prevent someone from duplicating the ballot and "stuffing" the ballot box.

They are shuffled and then stuffed and mailed to the member. We have no idea who gets what number. It has worked great for our club.

As the ballots are counted, the serialized number is crossed off of a master list. If a duplicate number shows up, we know immediately that we have an issue.

There's that racist voter suppression again!

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:44 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Nitro_Guns wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Soo..

Mail in ballots are accepted?

:bigsmile:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I don't know how Cascade does their "mail in" ballots however, at our club, all of our ballots are serialized to prevent someone from duplicating the ballot and "stuffing" the ballot box.

They are shuffled and then stuffed and mailed to the member. We have no idea who gets what number. It has worked great for our club.

As the ballots are counted, the serialized number is crossed off of a master list. If a duplicate number shows up, we know immediately that we have an issue.

There's that racist voter suppression again!

Damn straight.... :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was a member years ago. Seems like there was always some sort of drama between the two groups that run the place. Beautiful range though.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

vic_b wrote:
Beautiful range though.

Indeed it is . . . an amazing place.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:59 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I don't envy anyone going through this. It is amazing how a select few can cause problems for so many. I wouldn't trade my time as a volunteer for anything but it is challenging at times. Usually cooler and rational heads prevail. If not then consider reviewing the by-laws and use it to better the club.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:04 pm
Profile WWW

vic_b wrote:
I was a member years ago. Seems like there was always some sort of drama between the two groups that run the place. Beautiful range though.

Know anyone who still is a member? The drama continues; hopefully we can cut more of it out with the new slate of board members!

Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:40 pm
Profile WWW

Hi WAGuns / Cascade Friends!

I am one of the candidates running against the establishment (for Master at Arms) at Cascade. There are some opportunities that we have at the club, as well as some challenges we face that need a fresh perspective. I hope I’m not too bold in asking every Cascade member reading this to vote for us. If you’re on the fence about us, please PM me and I will coordinate a conversation with me, or any of my fellow candidates you want to talk to. This is truly a critical time in our club’s history, and we won’t let you down!

Thanks so much for your support. Please PM me and let’s talk!

Darin

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for chiming in, Darin!

Heads-up for everyone . . . it looks like ballots will be in today's mail for many of us. Please get them turned around immediately, as the mail has been slower than normal recently. Thanks!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:15 am

I'm a member and don't know about you but I think right now it's the best shooting facility around, by far. 10% of the members do 100% of the work. My thinking is...if you want to change the club and make it a better place, go volunteer in the areas you think could do better. You don't have to try to stage a coup.

I don't think the club will be a better place if commercial endeavors are allowed to take place on our property. No for-profit "Gunsite" type group training events.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Huntinfish wrote:
I'm a member and don't know about you but I think right now it's the best shooting facility around, by far. 10% of the members do 100% of the work. My thinking is...if you want to change the club and make it a better place, go volunteer in the areas you think could do better. You don't have to try to stage a coup.

I don't think the club will be a better place if commercial endeavors are allowed to take place on our property. No for-profit "Gunsite" type group training events.

The evening ceases to be boring.
:popcorn:

Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Huntinfish wrote:

Clearly, Mr. 1 post has never been a member of a volunteer organization before. The Law of STP - same ten people. That's who gets things done in any organization staffed by volunteers.

Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Huntinfish wrote:
I'm a member and don't know about you but I think right now it's the best shooting facility around, by far.

Welcome, Tom! :wavey: I don't think any of us would disagree with you on that point. thumbsup

Huntinfish wrote:
10% of the members do 100% of the work.

Yup. And you are probably being generous with that estimate, not counting "mandatory volunteer" hours.

Huntinfish wrote:

We already allow those companies and events to use the range. Today we have TriggrCon, Insights, various police agencies, Adventure Protection, and others that all rent various areas of the range. The club makes money from these events, and in most (not all) cases there is sufficient space at the range that members can still do their shooting while the events take place.

The other factor is that some of these events provide significant benefit to the shooting community and the future of 2A. I can tell you from personal experience that Adventure Protection is one of those, and I'm sure that some of the others are as well. If we just cut them all off at the knees, it will be to the detriment of all of us.

I'm not saying that there aren't some improvements that could be made in our policy . . . there probably are. I'm quite certain that the current proposed amendment is NOT the answer that we deserve, however.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ballot marked and in the mail!

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

new daddy wrote:
Ballot marked and in the mail!

Impressive! :thumbsup2:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:03 pm

new daddy wrote:
Huntinfish wrote:

Clearly, Mr. 1 post has never been a member of a volunteer organization before. The Law of STP - same ten people. That's who gets things done in any organization staffed by volunteers.

The law of "STP" definitely runs deep in volunteer organizations. Sad but true.

For what it is worth, our range allows ZERO outside commercial endeavors. Private range, members and guest only.

If your range NEEDS money from commercial endeavors, something else might be wrong with its operations.

Just curious....how many board positions come up for election each cycle at Cascade and how many total board positions are there?

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next