Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Cascade member? WE NEED YOUR HELP! 
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

My wife has been a student of Adventure Protection, received all the aforementioned included aspects of snacks, a hot meal, coffee, 3D printed training tool, one on one instruction on the range, the classroom training, and the included ammo and use of firearms. I know how much the class cost her and I see how much after class support they provide at no cost their students. I'm not a smart man but, I know what profit margin looks like. Adventure Protection is most definitely not raking in bags of profits and is most definitely in it for the benefit of the people.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:09 am
Profile WWW

At 54 years old, I've learned to be skeptical of anything "new", and I now greatly appreciate a "glacial" change of pace when it involves things that work well as they are. I don't know enough to know which way the momentum is on these elections, but I am hoping for the best whatever the outcome.

Just to cover my bases, I drove out to Moxee today and joined up to Sky Valley Shooting Park. Very nice club comparable to Cascade, except that I was able to use the 640 yard range, whereas at Cascade I wouldn't really be able to. See...I shoot 45-70 at steel dingers, and while I love the military style setup at Cascade, the reality is that it doesn't fit what I'm doing. Well worth the drive!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:30 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

JonnyV wrote:
I don't know enough to know which way the momentum is on these elections, but I am hoping for the best whatever the outcome.

Amen, brother. Same here.

JonnyV wrote:
Just to cover my bases, I drove out to Moxee today and joined up to Sky Valley Shooting Park. Very nice club comparable to Cascade, except that I was able to use the 640 yard range, whereas at Cascade I wouldn't really be able to. See...I shoot 45-70 at steel dingers, and while I love the military style setup at Cascade, the reality is that it doesn't fit what I'm doing. Well worth the drive!

Ooooh . . . that sounds nice. And launching .45-70 mortars at that range sounds pretty delightful!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:44 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Last-minute bump ... if you haven’t voted yet, we would appreciate your vote and your support at the club meeting tonight!

Bring your ballot, and if you haven’t been to meetings in the past then you’ll get a little glimpse of how it all works. :bigsmile:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JonnyV wrote:
At 54 years old, I've learned to be skeptical of anything "new", and I now greatly appreciate a "glacial" change of pace when it involves things that work well as they are. I don't know enough to know which way the momentum is on these elections, but I am hoping for the best whatever the outcome.

Sky Valley Shooting Park? The website says that doesn't exist yet: https://snohomishcountywa.gov/2706/Sky- ... oting-Park

Can you further explain the "military style setup at Cascade"? I saw they have a 600 yard range, and the public can shoot at it on public days. Thought maybe I'd drive out there one day.

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

snozzberries wrote:
I saw they [Cascade] have a 600 yard range, and the public can shoot at it on public days. Thought maybe I'd drive out there one day.

The 600-yard range is not open to the public. Members can shoot on it, but you need to qualify first to show you're safe at that distance.

If you want to see what's at the range, you can go on a public shoot day and shoot at the 200-yard rifle range. You'll at least be able to drive past the other ranges (pistol, 600-yard, archery, etc.).

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:09 am

snozzberries wrote:
JonnyV wrote:

Sky Valley Shooting Park? The website says that doesn't exist yet: https://snohomishcountywa.gov/2706/Sky- ... oting-Park

Can you further explain the "military style setup at Cascade"? I saw they have a 600 yard range, and the public can shoot at it on public days. Thought maybe I'd drive out there one day.

Sun Valley Shooting Park...sorry...

https://sunvalleyshootingpark.org/

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:13 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

So how did the vote go last night? Is there new leadership?

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
snozzberries wrote:
I saw they [Cascade] have a 600 yard range, and the public can shoot at it on public days. Thought maybe I'd drive out there one day.

The 600-yard range is not open to the public. Members can shoot on it, but you need to qualify first to show you're safe at that distance.

If you want to see what's at the range, you can go on a public shoot day and shoot at the 200-yard rifle range. You'll at least be able to drive past the other ranges (pistol, 600-yard, archery, etc.).

Ah man, I thought the public could shoot on it, after you qualify. :(

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:28 am

MadPick wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

I help out as an RSO at CSF during the public shoots, and have been asked by visitors about this before, so I asked around. From what I've been told, it is actually possible for the public to shoot on the 600 yard range. They would be required to qualify just like members, and the qualification process is not explained or advertised very well (if at all), but it is doable.

Last edited by huzar on Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:54 am

BadKarma wrote:

The slate listed by @MadPick in the first post of this thread did not win any of the four seats that were contested by them last night.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:00 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

huzar wrote:
BadKarma wrote:

The slate listed by @MadPick in the first post of this thread did not win any of the four seats that were contested by them last night.

Well there you go. Status quo reigns. I've got to admit that I've never gotten very involved beyond shooting by myself and trying to avoid public days at all costs. Mostly because it seriously feels like an Old Boys Club and all the fudds try to make anyone younger feel out of place. Maybe it's just my experience, but it certainly doesn't feel welcoming so I just go when nobody is there.

Also, I'm less concerned about a small group of women shooters and more annoyed by the groups of old guys who take over ranges and all the cops (but I'm glad they train, don't get me wrong!) that seem to always be there using up tons of bays.

My two cents.

Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:14 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

huzar wrote:
MadPick wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

I help out as an RSO at CSF during the public shoots, and have been asked by visitors about this before, so I asked around. From what I've been told, it is actually possible for the public to shoot on the 600 yard range. They would be required to qualify just like members, and the qualification process is not explained or advertised very well (if at all), but it is doable.

In theory you probably can, if you have an extra RSO on public day that is also qualified and can take them over there . . . but that doesn't seem very likely, perhaps unless the non-member has a buddy in the club. It's like the pistol range; in theory the public can shoot there too, but only if there's an extra RSO that's able and willing to take them over there, and I've never personally seen that happen.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:28 pm

MadPick wrote:
huzar wrote:
MadPick wrote:
snozzberries wrote:

In theory you probably can, if you have an extra RSO on public day that is also qualified and can take them over there . . . but that doesn't seem very likely, perhaps unless the non-member has a buddy in the club. It's like the pistol range; in theory the public can shoot there too, but only if there's an extra RSO that's able and willing to take them over there, and I've never personally seen that happen.

I’ve seen in and been that RSO — happened twice while I was helping out last summer that we took folks over to the pistol range.

It ain’t easy or common, but if more members helped out as RSOs it would be a lot more doable. As it is with any club...

Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:44 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

huzar wrote:
I’ve seen in and been that RSO — happened twice while I was helping out last summer that we took folks over to the pistol range.

It ain’t easy or common, but if more members helped out as RSOs it would be a lot more doable. As it is with any club...

:thumbsup2:

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next