Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Rodent Wars! 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

usrifle wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Went out the front door this morning and there was a pile of attic insulation and little sticks out on the porch. F*cking robins tore through the bird blocking and were planning on raising a brood in my attic.

Scorched earth policy. I may or may not have 7 robin carcass in my trash bin. Can never be too safe.

Wife doesn’t love the rpr sitting on the coat rack by the front door. Oh well.

No more mess on the porch.

...and that ladies and gentleman, is how you deal with a problem that is causing damage to your home. Panda takes no shit.

I'm loading mags and heading over to Steve's tomorrow. I'm going to help him with his Mouse problem.

In! Let’s go all Vietnam tunnel rat style with knives in our teeth. You shoot the rats I’ll aim for the water pipes and get him a nice insurance claim to refinish his floors.

NWGunner wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

At least it matches your backpack :thumbsup2:

Matches my thong too. PM sent :wink05:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
Went out the front door this morning and there was a pile of attic insulation and little sticks out on the porch. F*cking robins tore through the bird blocking and were planning on raising a brood in my attic.

Scorched earth policy. I may or may not have 7 robin carcass in my trash bin. Can never be too safe.

...and that ladies and gentleman, is how you deal with a problem that is causing damage to your home. Panda takes no shit.

I'm loading mags and heading over to Steve's tomorrow. I'm going to help him with his Mouse problem.

In! Let’s go all Vietnam tunnel rat style with knives in our teeth. You shoot the rats I’ll aim for the water pipes and get him a nice insurance claim to refinish his floors.

NWGunner wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek

#CoCViolationInTheExtreme

Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:54 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NWGunner wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

NWGunner wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

icon_eek icon_eek icon_eek

#CoCViolationInTheExtreme

Pssssh! #rulesdontapply #modgod #yourewelcome

Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

In! Let’s go all Vietnam tunnel rat style with knives in our teeth. You shoot the rats I’ll aim for the water pipes and get him a nice insurance claim to refinish his floors. [quote="Sinus211"]

I am so fucking in...even though i fucked up that quote. :facepalm2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just one bite works great. Find it on amazon. Caution: no other pets around is a must that will eat it or eat the dead mice. My dog got some and well that was a very expensive vet bill over 400 bucks.

But for an attic perfect throw up one or 2 bars and let them eat. They bleed from the inside out no clotting after just one bit. Takes 3 to 4 days to die and if there raising babies well the mom passes it on so kills them all at the source. Best stuff I have ever used for mice and rats hands down, and they love it.....

Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wetpaperbag wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
I’m up to 50 so far near my grill with my bucket traps.

So I did that was a beer can, and had the lid end facing the ramp. The rats just pulled the can forward using the lip edge. So make sure the end that faces the ramp can't be grabbed and pulled. Got three the next night, so it might have worked in my favor.

Did you use a 5 gallon bucket? I have never had much of a rat problem out in the country, but I could see that happening. I use small 2 gallon bucks. I have used 5 gallon, but didn’t see the need. The key is whatever you use as a bottle, must spin like a top. No friction. And placing it back the same way every time. Once they establish a scent trail, they will fill that bucket up.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As for being merciful...

I have seen them stand on their dead family members/buddies, to lick the rest of the peanut butter off a snap trap.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At our camp in Uzbekistan the mice were running rampant. We became quite clever in devising traps. They equated rucksacks with food so I once set up my chair between a mouse hole and my rucksack with flat concrete in between. I sat still and when a mouse made a run for my rucksack I’d quickly stomp on it. Many people used the revolving paper towel insert over the water bucket trick. The ammo supply point people had two cats which kept their area mouse free. They told the Army’s anti-pet inspectors that due to explosive storage regulations they could not come inspect. : )

Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:22 am

i throw decon under the house once a year and that keeps 'em down

Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:07 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

All right . . . thanks all for the advice.

I think two gems stood out for me:

1) This is war.
2) It's gonna be hot AF up there once summer is here, so don't delay.

So yeah, I ordered some glue traps, and then today I pulled my big girl pants on, and went up there and walked across the attic . . . carefully of course. I'm not sure what's worse, being up there or being in the crawl space. icon_eek

I left the rat snap traps in place (still untouched), then put out my two mouse snap traps and six glue traps out in what looked like high-activity areas (flattened insulation and droppings).

I don't ever wanna go up there again. Well, until tomorrow probably, to check the traps. :frust:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
All right . . . thanks all for the advice.

I think two gems stood out for me:

1) This is war.
2) It's gonna be hot AF up there once summer is here, so don't delay.

So yeah, I ordered some glue traps, and then today I pulled my big girl pants on, and went up there and walked across the attic . . . carefully of course. I'm not sure what's worse, being up there or being in the crawl space. icon_eek

I left the rat snap traps in place (still untouched), then put out my two mouse snap traps and six glue traps out in what looked like high-activity areas (flattened insulation and droppings).

I don't ever wanna go up there again. Well, until tomorrow probably, to check the traps. :frust:

Now you need to do the crawl space. :wink05:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:52 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yup!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
olydemon wrote:
I had good luck with glue traps in my shop. I buy the rat versions and the little fuckers can't get away.

I've never used glue traps, but I'm really struggling with the idea . . . seems . . . cruel? No?

I don't think it is cruel, you are going to kill them any how.
It would be better to catch them on a glue trap and dispose of them then use rat/mouse poison and have to smell the stench of a rotting carcass in a wall until it is all gone from maggots.

I can't stand rats & mice.
They are everywhere. Look at tjis garbage can fron freakin rats at a jof we did at a two million dollar house.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:11 pm

DoveRelease wrote:
It would be better to catch them on a glue trap and dispose of them then use rat/mouse poison and have to smell the stench of a rotting carcass in a wall until it is all gone from maggots.

I think it's "all of the above".

The initial de-population needs to be handled with traps otherwise it'll stink, but traps, of any kind, will never get every last one of them. There will always be one more. The only way to eradicate them is to follow up with poisoned bait, and then put outdoor boxes with bait around the house to reduce the pressure to keep new ones out. Even when there are none left you need to keep the bait out to kill any that wander by.

Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next