Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:40 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Best "Chain" burger 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whats your opinion?

I had Frugels as #1 but after discovering Richwine's Burgerville in Polson MT, they are THE BEST, but not a chain.
Today I had a 5 guys, 2nd time in my life. It didn't hurt, they were gentle to my patties.

So here's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it (so are the burgers sticking to me)

#1- 5 guys burgers. Absolutely juicy and very customizable. Best buns too. Reminds me of my wife.
#2- Frugels. Like 5 guys, every thing is fresh, and a nice big meaty patty. At my age, any big meaty patty in a storm!
#3- Shake Shack. OMG, I drool when ordering. Maybe its my age but they're pretty damn good.
#4- Fuddruckers. Thick like yo mama! I like their fries too.
#5- InandOut. I only mention them as a much better alternative to McDonalds, Burger King, etc. I was intially impressed when they first came out in CA when we visited there but now that their a chain, blah. They are okay, but nothing to write mama home about.
Honorable mention: Whataburger. However, depending on WHICH Whataburger you choose, you might get Whatabooger. They are so inconsistent on their product. For instance, the closer to you get to the Texas Border, the worse the end product is.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1. Always pretty consistent across the states. GREAT Fry chaser!

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:

Have you noticed that every store has only "5 guys" (or gals) working? That's their business model. Low overhead, high volume, fresh meat.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

5 guys is good. Only had shake shack once,expensive and no where near as good as in and out. bubbas in allyn is good but not a chain

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
skey wrote:

Have you noticed that every store has only "5 guys" (or gals) working? That's their business model. Low overhead, high volume, fresh meat.

Also, they are not paid minimum wage similar to the way Dick's does. Did I mention the FRIES? :bigsmile:

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
skey wrote:

Also, they are not paid minimum wage similar to the way Dick's does. Did I mention the FRIES? :bigsmile:

You got me there, I like Dick Fries. er, Dick's Fries.
5 guys is pretty damn good for fries as is Frugals.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:22 pm

Honestly, I haven't eaten at most of those chains. Did Kid Valley not make the cut? Or Burgermaster? Or have I not had a good burger before?

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
Honestly, I haven't eaten at most of those chains. Did Kid Valley not make the cut? Or Burgermaster? Or have I not had a good burger before?

We travel a lot. I have not heard of Kid Valley (Didn't they go out of business when Jeffrey hung himself in jail?) or Burgermaster. Are they local chains?

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:33 pm

sportsdad60 wrote:
Fishinpnw wrote:

We travel a lot. I have not heard of Kid Valley (Didn't they go out of business when Jeffrey hung himself in jail?) or Burgermaster. Are they local chains?

Yes, I think they are local chains. I forget that you don't live around here :-)

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
Fishinpnw wrote:

Yes, I think they are local chains. I forget that you don't live around here :-)

"anymore"....we escaped the Peoples republic of WA state. :bigsmile:

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sportsdad60 wrote:
Whats your opinion?

I had Frugels as #1 but after discovering Richwine's Burgerville in Polson MT, they are THE BEST, but not a chain.
Today I had a 5 guys, 2nd time in my life. It didn't hurt, they were gentle to my patties.

So here's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it (so are the burgers sticking to me)

#1- 5 guys burgers. Absolutely juicy and very customizable. Best buns too. Reminds me of my wife. Pretty good, but way overpriced.
#2- Frugels. Like 5 guys, every thing is fresh, and a nice big meaty patty. At my age, any big meaty patty in a storm!
#3- Shake Shack. OMG, I drool when ordering. Maybe its my age but they're pretty damn good.
#4- Fuddruckers. Thick like yo mama! I like their fries too.
#5- InandOut. Worst ever.
Honorable mention: Whataburger. Great if your car needs an oil change.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:

Used to do Burgermaster, but switched to 5 Guys, seemed a bit better. Did I mention the FRIES? I thought of checking out Kid Valley, but the one at the malfunction triangle was something that was a "Naw, don't need it that bad" thing.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want to try Shake Shack.

5 Guys is decent, buns too soggy, fries good - Bellevue and Redmond cook burgers soooooooooooooo dry. Monroe does burgers fine. 5 guys need better control.

Best burgers used to be at Carl's Sunshine Broiler. And Carl's Jr was decent. Whatever happened to them when the came north, they lost it completely. Not good.

OK worst burgers EVER, gross, soggy fing disgusting? Dick's.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
I want to try Shake Shack.

5 Guys is decent, buns too soggy, fries good - Bellevue and Redmond cook burgers soooooooooooooo dry. Monroe does burgers fine. 5 guys need better control.

Best burgers used to be at Carl's Sunshine Broiler. And Carl's Jr was decent. Whatever happened to them when the came north, they lost it completely. Not good.

OK worst burgers EVER, gross, soggy fing disgusting? Dick's.

Dude, fill out a comment form online. The owners/management may not know employees are cooking the burger to leather consistency.

5 guys is good. Ordering online does suck because the few times I have gone to pick up they don't drop the fries till I get there. So I wait while my burger gets room temp and the buns soggy. Gotta order in person and wait.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do like 5 guys...their fries are great. found a place in Keystone South Dakota that did a killer bison burger.....Blazing Onion also has a bison burger that not bad at all.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next