Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:06 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next
 Epidemic, Famine (Global Warming), Economic Collapse and War 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

British MP was stabbed, killed.
https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/b ... fe-attack/

Australia Building Quarantine Camps For “Ongoing Operations”
https://summit.news/2021/10/12/australi ... perations/

Last edited by surevaliance on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
sportsdad60 wrote:
My RV guy today confirmed ships sitting off CA coast waiting to unload. His brother is a LSM.
Not enough LSM to keep up with the work.

Theres enough longshoremen to fill the works, but its more of a space and lack of local and long hal trucker issue.

When 9k cans come in off one ship, you need truckers to take them out or the frieght sits and piles up. This is exactly whats happening here and all down the coast. Its slowing everything down and creating a massive bottleneck.

Terminal 46 has been vacant for 2 years until' last month. Now if you drive by there its almost filled with overflow cans.

I know a handful of truckers that WANT to work used to haul cans but refuse to buy a shitty new truck just to get into the docks.
Sitting around waiting on LSM to actually work while idling you’re truck for hours is hell on the new trucks DEF system which is now REQUIRED to be on the docks in a big rig.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:12 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There’s no shortage of log truck drivers and it’s still easy to get a load of gravel delivered. This is just a shipping terminal problem.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G and Old Growth are both right - it's a problem of not enough trucks moving the cans out fast enough for the next ship to unload, but it's not because the trucks or drivers don't exist in sufficient numbers. It's because the ports/unions have manufactured a shortage of trucks that qualify to go in and pick up the cans. There are thousands of capable trucks & drivers in Los Angeles who could clear up the backlog of containers at the ports of LA and Long Beach in a matter of days, but they're not being allowed to, because of arbitrary emission standards. Talk about a complete unnecessary crisis.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking of losing the Cyber War, why is she the Deputy Commanding General for the National Guard for Army Cyber Center of Excellence?
Was it her Business or Law degree?
Is she a Signal officer? (no)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/1 ... manicures/

Can’t Win Wars, Troop Suicides Up, But National Guard General Tweets Complaint About Ban on French Manicures

Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
This is just a shipping terminal problem.

Spoken like someone who has zero fucking idea what their talking about. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trust me on this, the ports do not want to sit on cans just to sit on cans. They want them in, and out as fast as possible.

Guns4Liberty wrote:
L_O_G and Old Growth are both right - it's a problem of not enough trucks moving the cans out fast enough for the next ship to unload, but it's not because the trucks or drivers don't exist in sufficient numbers. It's because the ports/unions have manufactured a shortage of trucks that qualify to go in and pick up the cans. There are thousands of capable trucks & drivers in Los Angeles who could clear up the backlog of containers at the ports of LA and Long Beach in a matter of days, but they're not being allowed to, because of arbitrary emission standards. Talk about a complete unnecessary crisis.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

Trust me on this, the ports do not want to sit on cans just to sit on cans. They want them in, and out as fast as possible.

I want to believe that, but I am also getting presumably reliable intel from my truckers in California who are telling me they could (and would) go pull containers all day long if they weren't prevented from doing so by union-backed emission regulations (i.e., their trucks aren't certified to a high enough standard).

So, who's telling the truth?

Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
L_O_G wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:

I want to believe that, but I am also getting presumably reliable intel from my truckers in California who are telling me they could (and would) go pull containers all day long if they weren't prevented from doing so by union-backed emission regulations (i.e., their trucks aren't certified to a high enough standard).

So, who's telling the truth?

Thats California, their emissions and general rules are complete bullshit. I cant speak for them, but here in Seattle the issue is lack of drivers and lack of chassis.

Believe who you want to, but I see it daily and talk to truck drivers daily. Many trucks have "now hiring" magnets on there. To believe there isnt a shortage of drivers is comical.

A big part of this issue was created by Biden and his mandatory vaxx bullshit.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cali and Wa ports have the same truck year/emissions requirements.

Just $.02, from a dum hick. (and truck owner) :bigsmile:

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Old Growth wrote:
Cali and Wa ports have the same truck year/emissions requirements.

Just $.02, from a dum hick. (and truck owner) :bigsmile:

Yes, I believe there are 12 or 13 states that follow California's. How people say this is the Ports doing, makes zero sense. These same rules have been in place pre pandemic (2005), yet this never happened like this before.

Interesting isnt it?

Take your truck to terminal 18 sometime, and talk to some truckers about their lack of drivers and how they are being swayed with comp packages from other companies to come on board.

Its fucking insanity.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Help me understand the chassis/genset shortage. I'm having a hard time understanding why, if containers are not leaving the port as quickly as they used to, due to a lack of truck drivers, there is not enough equipment available to move the containers like there used to be. Presumably, if the amount of equipment before - when the container outflow was higher - was sufficient, then surely now it is also sufficient. Unless the equipment was taken out of service...? None of it makes any sense to me.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
Help me understand the chassis/genset shortage. I'm having a hard time understanding why, if containers are not leaving the port as quickly as they used to, due to a lack of truck drivers, there is not enough equipment available to move the containers like there used to be. Presumably, if the amount of equipment before - when the container outflow was higher - was sufficient, then surely now it is also sufficient. Unless the equipment was taken out of service...? None of it makes any sense to me.

It makes zero fucking sense at all. This is probably the biggest issue we are seeing now. Last year we had empty 20, 40, 45 foot chassis coming out of our ears in the chassis yard. Now, its damn near empty minus some DCLI and Trac 20'.

We have even converted a portion of the chassis area at T18 to a stacked container storage area becuase their simply isnt any chassis to park the cans on.

Not sure if you know what a bombcart is, but we even have cans parked on those. Its mind boggling.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wonder if part of this is a ploy...

They’ve had various goobers on TV saying the “solution” is to reclassify truck driving as a ‘skilled’ job.

In doing so, they said they would then be able to bring in thousands on EB-3 Employment-Based Permanent Resident Visas, and ‘fix the problem’...

So, pay rate goes down for truckers (a win for companies), and more voters for those who brought them here...

Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
I wonder if part of this is a ploy...

They’ve had various goobers on TV saying the “solution” is to reclassify truck driving as a ‘skilled’ job.

In doing so, they said they would then be able to bring in thousands on EB-3 Employment-Based Permanent Resident Visas, and ‘fix the problem’...

So, pay rate goes down for truckers (a win for companies), and more voters for those who brought them here...

I'm thinking there is a lot of truth in this. We made a bunch of Americans stop working. Then paid them just enough to get by for just long enough to bring in 2 million people to fill some of those jobs. Both groups are being tricked into believing it will never end. And Mayorkas has already said he wont go after companies who hire illegals so- Why not?

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37  Next