Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:54 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Sites to buy precious metals 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Figure i asked, I tried searching up topics on this, all I got is some general discussion on buying precious metals but not a site or vendor in particular.

Does anyone know places to buy physical precious metals, how spot pricing on that stuff works as wells as making sure the vendor is selling stuff of proper purity and lack of fraud?

Conversely if the time comes how to sell the thing as well?

One vendor i got in particular was https://www.jmbullion.com/ But I want to know if there is any alternatives or things I should know before getting into it

Thanks,

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are multiple sites. If you are serious about buying you will want to look at several sites all at once. The prices vary and good deals (wel relatively) are out there but different on every site depending on what you are looking to buy.
This is my got to list:

sdbullion - One of the better sites and many times lower premiums than others BUT not always.
goldsilverbull.com - I'm new to that site haven't bought but they have some of the best premiums around. i.e. their markups are generally less than most others.
jmbullion is good for the occasional and I have gotten good deals from them but only on certain things.

I also check Providentmetals.com - though they used to be really good generally not as much anymore.

There are some others but thsoe above are my general go to's. Right now if you are just getting in the premiums on physical are VERY high. If you are simply investing you might want to consider buying PSLV or CEF instead. They are stocks that invest ONLY in precious metals AND more importantly back the stock with actual physical silver and gold. (Whereas most of the others are ll on paper like SLV)

If you have a decent pawn or local coin shop you can sometimes get just as good a deal from them and you have a better chance of knowing what you are getting. Especially when it comes to junk silver. (the 90% 405 etc coins)

In terms of selling you are better off selling privately or in small amounts so there is no official reporting beyond your own 1040. Transactions above 10K are auto reported to the Government. So keep your purchases for private stashes small.

Welcome to the precious metals market.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]