Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:19 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 84  Next
 "Laughs in Tesla" ~ Big D 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
How many miles before you replace an engine?

My '87 F150 passed 350k on the move back east. Original motor and trans. Of course, all the plastic parts are deteriorating and cracking and I have to be super careful with the wiring harness when I unplug anything

My friend's dad is the mileage king though. Older VW Jetta diesel that gets over 50 mpg and has over 500k on the original engine. He lives in Olalla and worked at Boeing

But but but...What about emissions? VW did have that diesel emissions scandal and all...

Tesla's Electric Cars Aren't as Green as You Might Think
https://www.wired.com/2016/03/teslas-electric-cars-might-not-green-think/

Quote:
...Those spew a lot of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere in the process of refining a material destined for your zero-emissions car. In fact, manufacturing an electric vehicle generates more carbon emissions than building a conventional car, mostly because of its battery, the Union of Concerned Scientists has found.

"Spewing" CO2 into the atmosphere is a GOOD THING, we should be doing more of that....C02 the gas of life

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

RocketScott wrote:

5 year old article.. is decades behind technology a month after it is published. In the last 5 years battery and mfg tech/processes have made HUGE improvements.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

5 year old article.. is decades behind technology a month after it is published. In the last 5 years battery and mfg tech/processes have made HUGE improvements.

How has the mining technology improved?

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:00 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

RocketScott wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
RocketScott wrote:

How has the mining technology improved?

Yes and no? No on immediate short term. Yes on it's breeding innovation. Table Salt Lithium extraction, moving to Nickle, which is less impacting to mine,

I can't speak for others (batteries are made by many people, for many things), but read Tesla's EIS if you really want to know more. https://www.tesla.com/ns_videos/2020-te ... report.pdf

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:27 am
Profile WWW

Massivedesign wrote:
Lacey, Aberdeen, Forks, Sequim. On a LR version you can make the loop. There is also charging at Longview, Astoria, Seaside, etc down the coast that way. A west oly one is coming sometime next year that will help with the 101 travelers.

Can your Model X make it on one charge? If not, please describe how you feel the trip would do in your opinion. Also, in your opinion, how would an “average driver” do say driving around the Aberdeen/Grays Harbor area with a trip to Auburn twice a month?

Do you think one could handle a gravel road? Say, going to Wynoochee or out on the beach clam digging?

Quote:
There is tons of aftermarket support for trim components, suspension, brakes tires etc. if you want a tesla part, you need to have a VIN number and an account to order it. I can log into my app and order a part, easy. There are shops out there that can become tesla certified who can order parts directly as well. There are some well known shops Gruber, Electrified Garage that have forced Tesla to open the toybox.

That is ENCOURAGING news. I recall Rich Rebuilds asking for suspension bolts and being put through the wringer by Tesla. His story didn’t seem to end well either.

Forcing them to do what Musk stated we all could do at the beginning is good news.

Quote:
iPhone owner here.. I know it.

is the permanent connection to the mother ship aka Tesla as bad as people say it is? Are the updates to the OS seamless? Any hiccups?

How is the overall fit and finish. Are we talking Cadillac Mercedes here or Toyota? How does it compare to your Tahoe? How much can it tow? Small boat? Big boat? Is there a duty cycle on the vehicle or is it continuous use until the battery dies and on that note, how does it really act when the battery dies?

So much of the online info is muddled and half the YouTube’s just seem staged or doctored.

Thank you by the way. You’re very open about your experience and that’s refreshing. I am assuming your experience has been positive if you are putting your lovely wife in one as well.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No matter what, electricity is the big limiting factor. The national energy grid is falling apart because maintenance or upgrades do not pay company shareholders dividends.

Electricity generation is limited in its ability to cope with current demand, much less the replacement of the national transportation fleet. Most current generating capacity is still coal, natural gas, and diesel - no clean air there.

Until a real viable clean affordable generating source for electricity comes along, nothing changes much. Alternative energy is not constant generation, is expensive, and prone to being unreliable eg Texas wind going down last year because it was too cold for the equipment to function, or, snow on solar panels.

Even if the magic bullet for unlimited energy generation came along, it would take a century just to build the generating capacity, upgrade the grid, and create a national transfer station network to recharge vehicles. Similar to the period where horses were replaced by petroleum based tractors, trucks, autos, etc.

The current narrative just points to a future where personal transportation is priced out of reach for all but there ruling class. The masses will have to live in hive cities taking mass transit, a narrative that has been pushed forward relentlessly for the last century in particular.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taking this thread on a tangent to say that MD’s wife should be a Tesla spokesmodel.

You all can resume debating mining technology now.

Massivedesign wrote:
There are tons of EV charging options in most towns. There were plenty around me as well, but with the push for EVs, there needs to be more, and they need to be faster and more reliable.

Brakes, suspension, window regulator are all normal stuff. Nothing super custom and are replaced the same as ICE vehicles. Headlights are sealed LED, so that could get pricey but that isn’t exclusive to EVs.

I can buy straight from Tesla any part I need and it’s actually not expensive at all. Manuals are available and it’s all snap/bolt together stuff. Easy to work on.

And as my previous post mentioned. Wife ordered her model 3 long range an hour ago. Come. Nov-Dec we will be 100% EV at our house (until summer. When kid is 15 and needs a beater ICE to learn on).

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

zipties wrote:
Can your Model X make it on one charge? If not, please describe how you feel the trip would do in your opinion. Also, in your opinion, how would an “average driver” do say driving around the Aberdeen/Grays Harbor area with a trip to Auburn twice a month?

Do you think one could handle a gravel road? Say, going to Wynoochee or out on the beach clam digging?

My X can go 175-210 miles, depending on conditions (wind, rain, heater use etc). This is a small battery X. The newer ones are all 300+ miles. I've gone from Oly to Forks before. No problem. Charge in Aberdeen and Forks, back to Aberdeen. I am not sure if I could make it from Forks to Sequim though.. I'd really need to map that one out. Any larger battery model should be able to though.

For a daily driver it would be great! I'd have no issues at all relying on charging at home or topping up at the Supercharger for a quick load of electrons. You can make it to Auburn from Aberdeen. MAY need to stop in Lacey real quick for a juice up.. There is a charger in Auburn as well as Federal Way.

Gravel roads? No problem! Beach, no problem there either.. Just remember it's a heavy ass car + soft sand = possible issues.
zipties wrote:
That is ENCOURAGING news. I recall Rich Rebuilds asking for suspension bolts and being put through the wringer by Tesla. His story didn’t seem to end well either.

Rich started the revolution and is now part owner of Electrified Garage. There is also a plethora of parts available online 9eBay, salvage yards etc). Teslas are now the most produced vehicle, so the elusiveness of finding parts is gone. A read a recent stat that the model 3 is selling at a rate 24 cars/min worldwide.
zipties wrote:
is the permanent connection to the mother ship aka Tesla as bad as people say it is? Are the updates to the OS seamless? Any hiccups?

How is the overall fit and finish. Are we talking Cadillac Mercedes here or Toyota? How does it compare to your Tahoe? How much can it tow? Small boat? Big boat? Is there a duty cycle on the vehicle or is it continuous use until the battery dies and on that note, how does it really act when the battery dies?

So much of the online info is muddled and half the YouTube’s just seem staged or doctored.

Thank you by the way. You’re very open about your experience and that’s refreshing. I am assuming your experience has been positive if you are putting your lovely wife in one as well.

The mothership connection is seamless. No issues. OS updates are infrequent, lots of bug fixes and 2 big upgrades per year it seems. If you have FSD capable car, you will get more updates as you will have MCU2 or 3 and AP3 computers. Never a hiccup... Car lets me know there is an update, I hit download. It lets me know it is ready for install, I hit install. 50 min later, done. The Tesla phone app is nice as well.

Fit and finish... it's not great if you are coming from a Cadillac, but acceptible if you are coming from a corolla. Interior tech is fucking amazing. Seats are nice, materials are nice.. Panel gaps, wind noise and dash trim that can creak get annoying. All those are fixable though. The delivery QC is a joke, so you have to QC the shit out of it yourself.

My X tows and is rated at 6,000lbs, EASILY. Like there is nothing behind it. Range is cut in half though. I have no regrets vs. the tahoe other than I really liked carplay i the tahoe. The X handled last years snow like a friggen champion. Adjustable air suspension let me jack up the car nice and high so I wasn't a huge plow.

The vehicle will perform linear, even as the battery degrades. All you will see is severely reduced range. Tesla will let you know something is wrong before you even know because.. mothership. Have to watch the 12v battery though, those like to give up the ghost and need to be replaced every few years. Normal car/type 12v though, nothing super special unless you want to pay for it.

next time you are in the Oly area, come see it, take it for a drive.

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rolling coal in a T3!
https://insideevs.com/news/543648/tesla ... l-exhaust/

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh lawd

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Oh lawd

Don't lie.

It's on your xmas wish list..

:ROFLMAO:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:17 pm

MassiveD that’s a gentlemanly offer. If I find myself in your area with free time I would love a Tesla tour from a like minded owner. I’m convinced the sales associates I have met are afraid of or annoyed by an old man in suspenders and a Kenworth trucks hat.

Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:15 am

Forget Tesla, I want me a RIVIAN:

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rivian.. When it finally comes out in the Max Pack configuration and they get the high speed charging figured out will be a sweet ride. They need to work on the range though, 314 with terrible aerodynamics is going to be closer to 230 when there is any wind/rain/freeway speeds. Then, slap on 11k load on the back and watch that go to 100 miles real quick. It'll be interesting to see how it develops, but it will need to innovate fast because once the Cybertruck comes out with the 4860 Cells, it should dominate the market by a hefty margin... Now, if they could only make the cybertruck look decent...

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tesla latest version of auto pilot software recalled for causing cars to automatically brake for no reason, even at high speeds on the freeway.
https://www.seattletimes.com/business/t ... es-alarms/

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 1247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 84  Next