Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 342 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 The Formula 1/Indycar Club - box box box 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What’s up formula 1 and Indy car fans!!

Let chat, 2021 is starting out spicy in F1!!

I’m not very knowledgeable with Indycar, being more a F1 fan, but I’m always down to learn the differences!

I’ve heard strategy for Indycar is much more difficult than F1, but I’m not convinced. Also, I really think Steiner needs to go lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue May 18, 2021 5:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I get so MEH on F1 and then there will be a very good race. I dunno when MB and Ferrari are not exchanging wins, and some tracks just so little real passing.....................snoozomatic.

BUT I watch and enjoy.

I really like rally car racing, that shit can be CRAZY.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue May 18, 2021 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Watch out for mclaren this year and verstappen is pissed lol. It’s going to be a great season, I feel it!

I don’t watch rally, but I should, I used to watch pastrana do nutty things on a bike and then rally. Dude is insane

Tue May 18, 2021 7:01 pm

I always like the battles between Alonso(renault) and Riekkonin (misspelled ferrari driver) about 8 years ago? The year F1 came back to the USA if i recall. That race was just those two. It was ridiculous, and an embarrasment to the world from the people in charge of the brickyard. The chicane drama. Otherwise that was an exciting era. The pre Hamilton days. Now Hamilton is difficult to defeat. He is really an incredible driver.

Tue May 18, 2021 7:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know exactly nothing about F1 other than what I’ve watched on Formula 1: Drive to survive on Netflix. I’m a couple episodes into the second season and it’s really friggin interesting. I love all of the cockpit footage and behind the scenes action and drama.

It was really cool to flip on the tv over the weekend and see a race that Verstappen was leading. He’s a rookie in season one of the show.

We’ll see if it sticks but I might be hooked!

Tue May 18, 2021 8:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Actually, Max had his first full season in 2015, with Toro Rosso (now AlphaTauri). He moved to Red Bull midway through the 2016 season, where he has remained since.
The Netflix 1st season show is the 2018 F1 season.
If you like that, then it is well worth $80.00 for a year of F1TV.
You get every track session for all GPs, access all driver onboard cameras & team radios, real time telemetry and driver tire usage history. It's cool to watch from the drivers camera and listen to his radio the whole race.

And Alonso and Räikkönen are both on the track. Alonso who skipped 2020 and is now back racing for Alpine (new name for Renault). They've been getting into scuffles while battling it out in the bottom third of the standings.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at McClaren when Ricciardo gets his mojo back.
But I'm really wanting to see Checo (Perez) get his ride under control so he and Verstappen can go Mercedes hunting together. That will be awesome racing.

Verstappen passes Hamilton in corner 1, lap 1, and takes P1 in the Spanish GP:

Attachment:
max passes lewis for p1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue May 18, 2021 10:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m a big Verstappen fan, I also think it’s cool Perez joined him this year.

Tue May 18, 2021 10:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think Checo might be brilliant at Monaco and mazespin might end up in the bay lmaooo

Wed May 19, 2021 6:47 am

F1 has been boring the last few years. It's always Hamilton winning, but this year Max has been a bigger threat. I'm really hoping the new cars coming next year along with the 175 million spending cap should help level the field. Need to bring back the V10's, I'm missing the 18000 revs and screaming.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Wed May 19, 2021 8:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Monaco Friday!
Probably my favorite course.

Wed May 19, 2021 10:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
Monaco Friday!
Probably my favorite course.
Monaco is a top of mine too. Amazing how they can run that track and not crash every time.

Wed May 19, 2021 6:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, serious amount of coordination there with steering, braking, shifting and button changes on the steering wheel on a track that is almost nothing but corners.
It used to be a lot scarier...

Cliff Allison gets ejected from his car during the 1960 GP

Paul Hawkins crashes into Monaco harbor during the 1965 GP

Wed May 19, 2021 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't tend to follow racing very often on TV though enjoy going to the races in person (NASCAR/Indy). We have a nice superspeedway oval in Fort Worth (Texas Motor Speedway) about 3 hours drive north which hosts NASCAR and IRL races. The NASCAR cup race last October rained out after 52 laps though the kids got a good feel for stock car racing. Kids tickets are only $10 which is awesome for taking the grandkids.

We had tickets for the IRL race there about a month ago though weather was very unsettled with thunderstorms predicted at 90%. So we skipped the race only to see the weather clear up and wound up watching the whole race run on TV. Oh well there's next year.

Also we have Circuit of the Americas road course down near the Austin airport about a 30 minute drive from home. Hosts a Formula 1 race and also a Moto GP race every year though I haven't been yet. Tickets for F1 are pretty darn pricey.

Waco has a speedway oval with races every Friday though we haven't been yet. Thinking of taking the family up there in next couple weeks. Used to go to speedway races a lot in California when I worked in the timber industry. Fond memories covering my beer cup to keep dust and dirt from settling in :bigsmile:

Anyhow anyone planning to watch the Indy 500 on Sunday? Planning to settle in with a couple beers to watch on TV.

Fri May 28, 2021 9:11 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
F1 has been boring the last few years. It's always Hamilton winning, but this year Max has been a bigger threat. I'm really hoping the new cars coming next year along with the 175 million spending cap should help level the field. Need to bring back the V10's, I'm missing the 18000 revs and screaming.

Other than the Ferrari flop/tragedy and TOTALLY sucked for LeClerc - I guess no indications that the shaft was near failure, overall Monaco result was good - and yes MB LOST.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri May 28, 2021 9:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was amazed that there was not a single safety car incident.
But major props to Lando Norris, that kid is going to be a serious winner in the next few years!

Baku should be pretty exciting, lots of overtaking possibilities there.

Fri May 28, 2021 10:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 342 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next