Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:42 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Damn white people and their racist... *checks notes*... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS

Yup, fucking white people and their *checks notes* racist traffic accidents....

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-people-are-more-likely-die-traffic-accidents-covid-made-n1271716

Quote:
An estimated 38,680 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2020 — the largest projected number of deaths since 2007, according the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The number of Black people who died in such crashes was up 23 percent from 2019, the largest increase in traffic deaths among racial groups, according to the administration’s report.

...and the reason?

Systemic racism, and oppression, clearly!

Quote:
“These fatalities have been going upward for a decade,” Gladney said. “You go to Black and brown communities, you go to lower-income communities and you don’t see many sidewalks. You don’t see as many pedestrian crossings. The types of streets that go through Black and brown neighborhoods are like mini highways where the speed limit is 35 or 45. You see this disproportionately in Black and brown communities often because of race-based decisions of the past.”

Quote:
“Black people tend to be overrepresented as walkers in this country,” Garrick said. “This is not by choice. In many cases, Black folks cannot afford motor vehicles. And people that walk in this country tend to experience a much, much higher rate of traffic fatality. We’re talking eight to 10 times more.

:bonghit:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-people-are-more-likely-die-traffic-accidents-covid-made-n1271716

Quote:
An estimated 38,680 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2020 — the largest projected number of deaths since 2007, according the U.S. Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The number of Black people who died in such crashes was up 23 percent from 2019, the largest increase in traffic deaths among racial groups, according to the administration’s report.

...and the reason?

Systemic racism, and oppression, clearly!

Quote:
“These fatalities have been going upward for a decade,” Gladney said. “You go to Black and brown communities, you go to lower-income communities and you don’t see many sidewalks. You don’t see as many pedestrian crossings. The types of streets that go through Black and brown neighborhoods are like mini highways where the speed limit is 35 or 45. You see this disproportionately in Black and brown communities often because of race-based decisions of the past.”

Quote:
“Black people tend to be overrepresented as walkers in this country,” Garrick said. “This is not by choice. In many cases, Black folks cannot afford motor vehicles. And people that walk in this country tend to experience a much, much higher rate of traffic fatality. We’re talking eight to 10 times more.

:bonghit:

If I was black I would be pissed about such reporting. That whole thing is racist and makes black people appear as stupid automatons just walking around getting picked off by cars - and picture at the start looks as if some clown on a phone, or drunk, plowed into a container truck.

I almost don't believe the numbers, mainly because they - well she - links it with COVID-19

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Quote:
Tag, for example, singles out one poor participant, often the slowest child, as the dehumanized “It,” who runs vainly in pursuit of the quicker ones. Capture the Flag is nakedly militaristic.

Quote:
Dodgeball is a tool of “oppression.” (..) This “hidden curriculum” in dodgeball is far more nefarious than your average gym class runaround. Dodgeball is “miseducative” because it “reinforces the five faces of oppression,” as defined by the late Iris Marion Young, a social and political theorist at the University of Chicago. (...) those “faces” are “marginalization, powerlessness, and helplessness of those perceived as weaker individuals through the exercise of violence and dominance by those who are considered more powerful.” Young’s list of these fundamental types of oppression also includes exploitation and cultural domination.

So... where does football fit in here? Substitute football for dodgeball or tag. Which race is oppressed in football?

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:03 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

PTmorgan wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Quote:
Tag, for example, singles out one poor participant, often the slowest child, as the dehumanized “It,” who runs vainly in pursuit of the quicker ones. Capture the Flag is nakedly militaristic.

Quote:
Dodgeball is a tool of “oppression.” (..) This “hidden curriculum” in dodgeball is far more nefarious than your average gym class runaround. Dodgeball is “miseducative” because it “reinforces the five faces of oppression,” as defined by the late Iris Marion Young, a social and political theorist at the University of Chicago. (...) those “faces” are “marginalization, powerlessness, and helplessness of those perceived as weaker individuals through the exercise of violence and dominance by those who are considered more powerful.” Young’s list of these fundamental types of oppression also includes exploitation and cultural domination.

So... where does football fit in here? Substitute football for dodgeball or tag. Which race is oppressed in football?

So fukin stupid...let kids be kids.

If you suck at a sport then try harder or practice.

My parents used to call it a "Pecking Order"

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://youtu.be/NB6LPIYlteo

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:36 pm

Golf should be banned too. It's sexist and points out who the worst player is because the one that doesn't hit far has to go first, the winner of the hole gets to go first on the start of a new hole, it was invented in Scotland where there's no African americas, and they keep score.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:
Golf should be banned too. It's sexist and points out who the worst player is because the one that doesn't hit far has to go first, the winner of the hole gets to go first on the start of a new hole, it was invented in Scotland where there's no African americas, and they keep score.

Whoa! back off jack. Don't give them ideas!

On a serious note, it's just a matter of time before "Transgenders" dive into WPGA and start pissing off the girls.

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mediumrarechicken wrote:

Hitting white balls with clubs, tho!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe my White Privilege has blinded me to it, but in my world we all had an equal chance from the start of our lives in this day and age. That's the way i grew up.

The classmates and people i grew up with or have known in my 57 Years who failed or became "victims" of society or didn't succeed in Adulthood was due to their own choices and their lack of Parental guidance and support.

The Color of your Skin didn't decide how your Life turned out when i was growing up, your upbringing and Life choices decided that.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:49 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Maybe my White Privilege has blinded me to it, but in my world we all had an equal chance from the start of our lives in this day and age. That's the way i grew up.

The classmates and people i grew up with or have known in my 57 Years who failed or became "victims" of society or didn't succeed in Adulthood was due to their own choices and their lack of Parental guidance and support.

The Color of your Skin didn't decide how your Life turned out when i was growing up, your upbringing and Life choices decided that.

Amen!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Attachment:
boobs.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS

I think I figured this one out. It's not just because the people are racists (because they are). The very roads themselves are racist

Racist Interstates?
https://www.city-journal.org/revamping-interstates-based-on-racial-equity?wallit_nosession=1

Quote:
Detractors accuse the system’s planners and builders of emptying out cities and encouraging the rise of low-density suburban sprawl. That process, critics argue, prompted “white flight” to the suburbs, while stranding poor minorities in urban neighborhoods disfigured by the highways that bisected them. To these critics, the Interstate Highway System is just another example of America’s racist past.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS

I think I figured this one out. It's not just because the people are racists (because they are). The very roads themselves are racist

Racist Interstates?
https://www.city-journal.org/revamping-interstates-based-on-racial-equity?wallit_nosession=1

Quote:
Detractors accuse the system’s planners and builders of emptying out cities and encouraging the rise of low-density suburban sprawl. That process, critics argue, prompted “white flight” to the suburbs, while stranding poor minorities in urban neighborhoods disfigured by the highways that bisected them. To these critics, the Interstate Highway System is just another example of America’s racist past.

Except trends show people move IN to cities. It wasn't until recently that some cities were declining.

Also...

White flight = white people move out = racist
Gentrification = white people move in = racist

So, basically, they're advocating for segregation, and for things to 'stay the same'.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yea, fixing up a place makes it more desirable and drives up home prices

Who knew

Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Yea, fixing up a place makes it more desirable and drives up home prices

Who knew

Remember back a ways when a bunch of people started buying up really cheap houses in the Rainier Beach area?
...and the rest is history.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next