Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:38 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 WA State Mandated LTC. June 1, 2023 deadline 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In addition to Bankers (if over 50) I found that State Farm is still writing policies. I have an appointment with an agent tomorrow. I'll update afterwards.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:53 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

chich627 wrote:
DGM33 wrote:
Massivedesign wrote:
Jacy, as an employer you can get a group plan for your employees and do a paycheck deduction.

I’m trying. Haven’t found anyone who will do a group for less than 100 employees anymore. And others who just flat out won’t do any new plans.

Jacy, I spoke with my Allstate agency yesterday and they said they do groups over 10. Jeremy Olsen is my agent.

Thanks, man. We ended up finding an Allstate agent who got us signed up. Whew!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you have to have a group to go with Allstate, or are they selling LTC to individuals? Already have the home and autos with Allstate.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Remote employees like myself who reside in another state are exempt....looks like I picked the best possible time to leave WA state

:045:

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
Remote employees like myself who reside in another state are exempt....looks like I picked the best possible time to leave WA state

Dude…

What’s the saying?
You might want to relook at that new LTC Act.

It depends on several factors. Let me quote

“ If only some of an employee’s work is performed in Washington, employers may still be required to implement the payroll tax for the worker based on several factors (such as the base of operations, the location where the services are directed or controlled, and the employee’s residence). “

They won’t get you for living in Montana but where your work is directed and controlled becomes key….

What I would tell you is where is your payroll located? Are they in Washington?
Is the work you do being used in Washington?

Any answer to above would most likely mean you will be on the hook and they got you… !

And worse for you - you will never qualify to get it.
Just pay for it.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:

Dude…

What’s the saying?
You might want to relook at that new LTC Act.

It depends on several factors. Let me quote

“ If only some of an employee’s work is performed in Washington, employers may still be required to implement the payroll tax for the worker based on several factors (such as the base of operations, the location where the services are directed or controlled, and the employee’s residence). “

They won’t get you for living in Montana but where your work is directed and controlled becomes key….

What I would tell you is where is your payroll located? Are they in Washington?
Is the work you do being used in Washington?

Any answer to above would most likely mean you will be on the hook and they got you… !

And worse for you - you will never qualify to get it.
Just pay for it.

Two things....my employer established a business in AZ to pay my Arizona taxes, so he no longer lists me as an employee at the WA location, so I am off the radar so to speak.

My Wife's employer went to the state for clarification and they stated that remote employees who reside full time outside of WA state are exempt from the LTC and the FMLA contribution....

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The first part is great news for you.

The second part… unless she gets a waiver I don’t think so…. That part of location and use is pretty slippery.

And quite honestly. You believe the State? Remember most times on a good day the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing… one person may have told the boss one thing but the agency that is collecting from the payroll is going to enforce maybe something else.

Please for clarification I am only the bearer of these news to bring the attention to people. I absolutely hate how this is being played out. I believe it’s wrong. The way they are doing it. The way it’s written and by force and underhanded tactics does not equal a good thing for everyone.

By Nov 1st it become mute. What is will be and it will be too late to do anything about it.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
looks like I picked the best possible time to leave WA state

Is any time a bad time, really?

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
The first part is great news for you.

The second part… unless she gets a waiver I don’t think so…. That part of location and use is pretty slippery.

And quite honestly. You believe the State? Remember most times on a good day the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing… one person may have told the boss one thing but the agency that is collecting from the payroll is going to enforce maybe something else.

Please for clarification I am only the bearer of these news to bring the attention to people. I absolutely hate how this is being played out. I believe it’s wrong. The way they are doing it. The way it’s written and by force and underhanded tactics does not equal a good thing for everyone.

By Nov 1st it become mute. What is will be and it will be too late to do anything about it.

I hear ya, but I have no doubt there will be lawsuits about this. The SCOTUS has already determined that remote employees pay their taxes and fees to the state in which they reside, the location of their employer is of no consequence.....what if you worked for a company based in Canada or Japan or California for that matter. You pay the taxes based on your residency

Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gman wrote:
Do you have to have a group to go with Allstate, or are they selling LTC to individuals? Already have the home and autos with Allstate.

Unfortunately no, they will not write individually. I've been with Allstate for like 20 years and have home, auto and umbrella with them.

I met with State Farm today, they only write LTC as a rider on a Life policy. 49 year old non-smoker quoted $107/month for $50k Universal Life with LTC benefit of 2% of policy.

So far this is my only option. May end up having to do it and cancel afterwards. Waste of a couple hundred.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One can view it as a waste of a few hundred bucks but you are getting something during that time…

the beautiful part and it’s priceless is to have a choice after Jan 2022 and be free of that mess for the rest of its existence.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oldkim wrote:
One can view it as a waste of a few hundred bucks but you are getting something during that time…

the beautiful part and it’s priceless is to have a choice after Jan 2022 and be free of that mess for the rest of its existence.

a.k.a. Until they change the rules again next year.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Does someone who is not working, say a stay at home wife, need to opt out as well?

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The fundamental way the State is going to collect is directly from your W-2.

Stay at home parents don’t collect a W-2 so therefore no money will be taken out.

But conversely they will default to opting in after Jan 2022 if they ever decide to work in WA. Further if they continue to be off the radar they will never be part of the program as they will potentially never become vested into the program.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:41 pm

So then it would behoove them to opt out now if they plan on working (w/a W-2) in the future.

Guess I should opt out my 9 year old because she will be working in the future /sarcasm

Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next