Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 WA State Mandated LTC. June 1, 2023 deadline 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At this point in the scheme of things… it’s almost too late to do anything.

I say this because you will need to find an insurance that will write one and it’s a process to get one before it comes into effect by Nov 1. It’s mute if it’s after Nov 1.

I highly doubt you can even schedule a meeting with someone before mid-October let alone have it ready by Nov 1.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

chich627 wrote:
In addition to Bankers (if over 50) I found that State Farm is still writing policies. I have an appointment with an agent tomorrow. I'll update afterwards.

Shoutout to chick627. I was able to get my app in on Friday through a State Farm agent.
She couldn't promise it'd be processed prior to Nov 1, but at least I have a shot now.
I had about given up two weeks ago after contacting and being denied by about seven insurance companies in a row.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don’t think that insurers are stupid and will let us off the hook.
We are trapped - again.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Apparently, the last hail mary approach to securing an exemption is to purchase a Universal Life policy through State Farm with a qualifying LTC Rider.

I already have a Universal Life policy through Colonial with a LTC Rider that I believe qualifies me for an exemption, so I will be going that route once exemption applications are accepted (starting Oct 1).

My wife will be calling State Farm to see if she can get a Universal Life policy in time.

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just heard on the radio that there is no requirement to show proof of an alternate policy upon applying for the exemption. The wacaresfund website says you may be required to show it in the future. Anyone have the cajones to do it without? PM me if you like.

Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I read that once you get exempt even if you cancel your alternate policy you are never "allowed" into the system? Although, does that imply you'll eventually started getting charged for it though? If so that's more evil than I could have imagined.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:02 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

If the total money ever accumulated by a person partaking in this thing equals approximately 18 months of LTC...How can it be called Long Term ...care.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

chich627 wrote:
I just heard on the radio that there is no requirement to show proof of an alternate policy upon applying for the exemption. The wacaresfund website says you may be required to show it in the future. Anyone have the cajones to do it without? PM me if you like.

It's true. I have my own policy, and I applied for the exemption last week. They did not ask for any information about my policy, but it did say that they might ask for it later.

Alpine wrote:
I read that once you get exempt even if you cancel your alternate policy you are never "allowed" into the system? Although, does that imply you'll eventually started getting charged for it though? If so that's more evil than I could have imagined.

Yeah, during the exemption application there are dire warnings. I don't remember the exact wording, but it's basically, "Are you SURE you want to do this, because you will NEVER EVER EVER have the opportunity to join this program again!". :ROFLMAO:

Fuck this state.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I-1436
https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/i ... e-program/

New initiative will allow workers to avoid new state payroll tax
Former state Rep. Cary Condotta has introduced a citizens initiative to give people a choice regarding Washington state’s long term care (LTC) program and the payroll tax that goes with it. The legislature passed the law in 2019 and it will go into effect in January 2022. Employers will be forced to collect a tax of 58 cents per $100 of earnings and remit it to the state.

Condotta’s group has submitted I-1436 to the Secretary of State. Citizens will have through the end of the year to collect signatures on the petition. A copy of the initiative can be obtained here. I-1436 would make it optional to participate in Washington’s long-term care insurance.

He shared the news of the initiative petition on KVI’s John Carlson radio show Thursday morning. “You’re in a program that you’ll probably never see the benefit of,” he said.

Condotta listed several examples of flaws in the program. If you’re less than 10 years from retirement, you can’t get vested; yet you’ll still have to pay into it. If you move out of state, you can’t use the benefit as a resident of another state. “Everybody pays the tax,” he said.

Carlson responded “that’s taxation without representation.”

The initiative, if enacted into law, would require people to “opt in,” to actually choose to be in the program. That is a stark contrast to the current law that only allows people a one-time opportunity to opt out.

Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like it. Hope it gains some steam

Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

surevaliance wrote:
I-1436
https://www.clarkcountytoday.com/news/i ... e-program/

New initiative will allow workers to avoid new state payroll tax
Former state Rep. Cary Condotta has introduced a citizens initiative to give people a choice regarding Washington state’s long term care (LTC) program and the payroll tax that goes with it. The legislature passed the law in 2019 and it will go into effect in January 2022. Employers will be forced to collect a tax of 58 cents per $100 of earnings and remit it to the state.

Condotta’s group has submitted I-1436 to the Secretary of State. Citizens will have through the end of the year to collect signatures on the petition. A copy of the initiative can be obtained here. I-1436 would make it optional to participate in Washington’s long-term care insurance.

He shared the news of the initiative petition on KVI’s John Carlson radio show Thursday morning. “You’re in a program that you’ll probably never see the benefit of,” he said.

Condotta listed several examples of flaws in the program. If you’re less than 10 years from retirement, you can’t get vested; yet you’ll still have to pay into it. If you move out of state, you can’t use the benefit as a resident of another state. “Everybody pays the tax,” he said.

Carlson responded “that’s taxation without representation.”

The initiative, if enacted into law, would require people to “opt in,” to actually choose to be in the program. That is a stark contrast to the current law that only allows people a one-time opportunity to opt out.

If you haven't signed a petition for this one, you should (at least in my opinion). This is a shitty law.

Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

MadPick wrote:
chich627 wrote:

It's true. I have my own policy, and I applied for the exemption last week. They did not ask for any information about my policy, but it did say that they might ask for it later.

I just got notified that my application for exemption was approved. Nobody asked for further info or proof of my insurance policy.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did you get an email? I just applied on Friday. Talk about a. Convoluted process.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

wilmermj wrote:
Did you get an email? I just applied on Friday. Talk about a. Convoluted process.

Yes, I got this email:

Quote:
Hello,

Your WA Cares Fund exemption request status has changed. To view your updated status, log in to your WA Cares Fund exemption account.

We mailed a decision letter to the address you provided, and a copy of the letter will be available in your online account within 48 hours.

For questions, please contact our Customer Care Team at 833-717-2273.

Thank you,

WA Cares Fund team

I haven't received the letter yet, but I logged in to my Secure Access Washington account (omg I despise that website...), and it showed that my status is "Approved."

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wilmermj wrote:
I approve of this comment.

Pretty tech savvy and what a pain to figure out if you did everything correctly.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next