Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Supply Chain Bottlenecks & Shipping Problems- 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hershey candy company used to have factory tours. Visitors would put on paper booties and paper gowns to take the tour; samples supplied.

Around 1974(?) they turned the "factory" tour into a Disney type ride, with dioramas of the work stations - not a visit to the actual work station.. "Ride"/tour was at the Hershey amusement park, not the factory.

Oh, and no samples.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Hershey candy company used to have factory tours. Visitors would put on paper booties and paper gowns to take the tour; samples supplied.

Around 1974(?) they turned the "factory" tour into a Disney type ride, with dioramas of the work stations - not a visit to the actual work station.. "Ride"/tour was at the Hershey amusement park, not the factory.

Oh, and no samples.

I've been there three times and got a free sample each time. When did you go there and not get one?

Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Oh, and no samples.

When I toured the Beretta factory in Accokeek, MD... They didn't like that I asked if they offered free samples... I feel like they got asked that 20x a day... Also, they don't have a metal detector to get in...... but there is one on the way out... :bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CQBgopher wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Oh, and no samples.

I've been there three times and got a free sample each time. When did you go there and not get one?

In the mid 1970's just after they opened the amusement park ride/factory tour. I was a kid. Was I duped by lazy adults who found out about the amusement park attraction and told me that was the only tour one could get so that they wouldn't have to slog us kids out to the factory?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:39 am

I was going to mention the 30,000 head of cattle that died from 'the heat' in Kansas.... that 'seemed somewhat believable' tho..... But when was the last time you heard of that # of cattle dying from the heat???? Doesn't this type of situation happen every year? Don't they have ways of mitigating cattle deaths right at the point of slaughter? Right when they are the most valuable? Seems awfully suspicious --- don't it? Think it has anything to do with the push to 'plant based meats'???

Hopefully all that meat can be salvaged for dog and cat food if nothing else....

Makes you wonder whether they were poisoned or just neglected in the heat.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

David Dubyne spoke about this around the 22:00 mark.
https://www.brighteon.com/a7e05abb-5fb3 ... 11e6942d21
David DuByne and Mike Adams discuss mass cattle deaths and global crop failures

Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
CQBgopher wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Oh, and no samples.

In the mid 1970's just after they opened the amusement park ride/factory tour. I was a kid. Was I duped by lazy adults who found out about the amusement park attraction and told me that was the only tour one could get so that they wouldn't have to slog us kids out to the factory?

Adults are such a downer, dude. They're giving out free candy again though. Last time I got a cookies & cream bar.

Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Large refinery exploded in Shanghai.
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/fire-b ... 1655537122

https://www.itemfix.com/v?t=5r41mk

Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:11 am

I was just watching this vid that came out today.... I've watched some of their other vids where they are documenting the water level drop on a regular basis while they are fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gND12rp0IDM

So they are saying that Hoover Dam/Lake Mead water level is now BELOW the level of being able to run the generators....
How do you think THAT is going to impact the SW along with the rest of the country???

EDIT --- so I went looking for more info.... it appears the guys in the vid were incorrect about what water level the generators stop ---- this article/vid says thats at 950 ft.... not 1050 ft for 'inactive pool'. Either way, it sounds like the level is dropping daily and faster since the relative volume to depth is shrinking so fast.

It really makes you wonder with everyone screaming 'climate change' if this isn't more a condition of Vegas and surrounding areas rapid growth for the last two or more decades pulling more water from the lake...?...? There is a reason nobody lived in the desert prior to the dams being out there.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....

Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

JohnMBrowning wrote:
I was just watching this vid that came out today.... I've watched some of their other vids where they are documenting the water level drop on a regular basis while they are fishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gND12rp0IDM

So they are saying that Hoover Dam/Lake Mead water level is now BELOW the level of being able to run the generators....
How do you think THAT is going to impact the SW along with the rest of the country???

EDIT --- so I went looking for more info.... it appears the guys in the vid were incorrect about what water level the generators stop ---- this article/vid says thats at 950 ft.... not 1050 ft for 'inactive pool'. Either way, it sounds like the level is dropping daily and faster since the relative volume to depth is shrinking so fast.

It really makes you wonder with everyone screaming 'climate change' if this isn't more a condition of Vegas and surrounding areas rapid growth for the last two or more decades pulling more water from the lake...?...? There is a reason nobody lived in the desert prior to the dams being out there.....

Heavy D is on it like stink on shit

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:37 pm

Yeah --- I've been sucked into his vids pulling crap out of the Great Salt Lake --- that is low as hell too....

Did you see he just bought a Blackhawk? Dude is going BIG! Like always.

Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:04 pm

I don't know if it's true (I googled it but didn't find anything recent), but my kids dentist told me yesterday that I should stock up on floss as they are expecting a mass shortage soon.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
I don't know if it's true (I googled it but didn't find anything recent), but my kids dentist told me yesterday that I should stock up on floss as they are expecting a mass shortage soon.

Finally!! :bigsmile: :wagwoot: Gonna be a Dental Floss tycoon!!

[youtube1]https://youtu.be/smZA9Jv3qH0[/youtube1]
https://youtu.be/smZA9Jv3qH0

Quote:
I might be movin' to Montana soon
Just to raise me up a crop of Dental Floss Raisin' it up
Waxen it down
In a little white box
I can sell uptown
By myself I wouldn't
Have no boss,
But I'd be raisin' my lonely Dental Floss
Raisin' my lonely Dental Floss
Well I just might grow me some bees
But I'd leave the sweet stuff
For somebody else...
but then, on the other hand
I'd Keep the wax N' melt it down
Pluck some Floss N' swish it aroun'
I'd have me a crop
An' it'd be on top

(that's why I'M movin' to Montana)

Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a Dental Floss tycoon

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Water level behind a dam are measured by elevation, not depth. Doesn't change the fact, just a heads up. That 950' number isn't depth of water, its elevstion of the water above sea level.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty interesting story about the ups and downs from a large food supplier in Florida. Never heard about him before COVID. Kept his stores open and keen on selling whole, natural foods.

Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next