Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:11 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next
 Supply Chain Bottlenecks & Shipping Problems- 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Yeah, I can see making allowances for family and even for a few of his closest co-workers, but expecting the rest of the market to pause is nuts. People die every day. Shall we shut down PSE, or the school system... maybe the entire military every time someone passes.

Right?! This is akin to a teacher at Edmonds Woodway High School dying of a heart attack, and they send the entire Edmonds School District K-12 home for the day - 2nd and 3rd order effects be damned.

This has nothing to do with insensitivity toward those who are emotionally impacted by sudden, unexpected deaths on the job; it has everything to do with asking ourselves, "Why allow the emotional hardship of a few to become an economic hardship for many?" It's a legitimate question, and playing the "you're a callous bastard for asking that!" card is no different than the radical left screaming "but why do you want kids to DIE?!" because you say you don't believe gun control works.

Ok...first off...L_O_G, I have nothing against you personally.

I don't know how many of other members have personally interacted with members of the ILA (International Longshore Association) union.

But to almost EVERY trucker, shipper or receiver, interacting with the ILA is a giant PITA.

I spent close to 10 years as a semi truck, owner/operator ingoing and outgoing from multitudes of terminals up and down the west coast.

The ILA in general are the most arrogant and hard to work with people in the transportation industry. They could care less if you as a non union contractor get your product or not on a timely basis.

So for them to expect the rest of the planet to pause for a day after one of their members expires is not surprising at all. And God forbid you disagree with that. Your container will suddenly get put on hold for unspecified reasons.

I think Narcissus was a longshoreman.

-- Travis A Kisner

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:25 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I know you don't Don. Tust me, there are people exactly like that that work there, but they are not the majority.

From what I have seen down there now 5 years in, is that it's the old school, been in for life guys that are mostly like that. Alot of the shit we deal with is now all directed by SSA, they are the kingpins and dictate how the Port flows.

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
Guns4Liberty wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Yeah, I can see making allowances for family and even for a few of his closest co-workers, but expecting the rest of the market to pause is nuts. People die every day. Shall we shut down PSE, or the school system... maybe the entire military every time someone passes.

Right?! This is akin to a teacher at Edmonds Woodway High School dying of a heart attack, and they send the entire Edmonds School District K-12 home for the day - 2nd and 3rd order effects be damned.

This has nothing to do with insensitivity toward those who are emotionally impacted by sudden, unexpected deaths on the job; it has everything to do with asking ourselves, "Why allow the emotional hardship of a few to become an economic hardship for many?" It's a legitimate question, and playing the "you're a callous bastard for asking that!" card is no different than the radical left screaming "but why do you want kids to DIE?!" because you say you don't believe gun control works.

Ok...first off...L_O_G, I have nothing against you personally.

I don't know how many of other members have personally interacted with members of the ILA (International Longshore Association) union.

But to almost EVERY trucker, shipper or receiver, interacting with the ILA is a giant PITA.

I spent close to 10 years as a semi truck, owner/operator ingoing and outgoing from multitudes of terminals up and down the west coast.

The ILA in general are the most arrogant and hard to work with people in the transportation industry. They could care less if you as a non union contractor get your product or not on a timely basis.

So for them to expect the rest of the planet to pause for a day after one of their members expires is not surprising at all. And God forbid you disagree with that. Your container will suddenly get put on hold for unspecified reasons.

I think Narcissus was a longshoreman.

Fuckin A. 100 percent. :thumbsup2:

Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

L_O_G wrote:
I know you don't Don. Tust me, there are people exactly like that that work there, but they are not the majority.

From what I have seen down there now 5 years in, is that it's the old school, been in for life guys that are mostly like that. Alot of the shit we deal with is now all directed by SSA, they are the kingpins and dictate how the Port flows.

I agree completely that it's the old guard that is the worst.

I haven't been in and out of any terminal in 20+ years now. But I know several O/Op's that still have issues consistently. It does seems that the biggest complaint is the office and admin help. Not the guys actually handling the cans.

-- Travis A Kisner

Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
L_O_G wrote:

I agree completely that it's the old guard that is the worst.

I haven't been in and out of any terminal in 20+ years now. But I know several O/Op's that still have issues consistently. It does seems that the biggest complaint is the office and admin help. Not the guys actually handling the cans.

I can tell you first hand one of our biggest complaints is the computer system that SSA put in several years ago. This is what the office/admin staff is using daily. It constantly crashes, bogs down, and alot of the time it simply just doesn't work. We often end up searching for cans and directing trucks off paper when it happens.

Cumbersome to say the least.

Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

back to the original theme

I am in the electrical business, and I can tell you we have trouble and it's getting worse

due to DOE efficiency standards implemented in 2016, the transformer industry had to switch the steel used for the cores to a "grain-oriented type" (aka GOS). This type of steel primarily comes from Russia, so during the scamdemic we had supply chain issues, now with Russia possibly being banned from importing items to the US, that leaves us with one domestic producer. Add to this the demand for this same steel is coming from the producers of electric cars, who use in in the motor cores.

Current lead times for large oil filled transformers are over 60 weeks, lead times for single phase residential styles is 160 weeks. Two of my competitors have quit taking orders and have even quit quoting transformers. I heard this morning that Siemens is no longer giving lead times.

Imagine how this will impact the new housing market, no point in building homes that will have to wait 2-3 years for electricity.

I hope we don't have a big tornado or hurricane season...........

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:

...I hope we don't have a big tornado or hurricane season...........

Or suffer an EMP/ CME

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:04 am

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
due to DOE efficiency standards implemented in 2016, the transformer industry had to switch the steel used for the cores to a "grain-oriented type" (aka GOS). This type of steel primarily comes from Russia, so during the scamdemic we had supply chain issues, now with Russia possibly being banned from importing items to the US, that leaves us with one domestic producer. Add to this the demand for this same steel is coming from the producers of electric cars, who use in in the motor cores.

Question: who owns that single source?

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, Follow The Money...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:

Question: who owns that single source?

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, Follow The Money...

Trump would fix the problem by simply rolling back the DOE 2016 requirements (temporarily) until we have more domestic production of the GOE steel......

Resident Biden would never allow that, you know because of global whining.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A friend of mine builds light poles, he said the steel they use is up 300%, he now says a 4"x4" 24' pole costs $900 for the materials

Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:55 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I got your supply chain issues right here.

Yes, primers and ammo on backorder for over a year.

BLACK HAMMER ARMS
Type 07 Class 2 NFA Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms
GLOCK Certified Armourer

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/nationwide-baby-formula-shortage-hits-shocking-levels-sparking-panic-among-parents
Quote:
A nationwide shortage in baby formula is worsening, according to a new analysis, as parents have expressed alarm over the worrying trend.

At retail locations across the United States, about 40 percent of the top-selling infant formula products were not in stock for the week ending April 24, said Datasembly. The company said that it tracked baby formula stock at more than 11,000 stores nationwide.

“This is a shocking number that you don’t see for other categories,” Ben Reich, CEO of Datasembly, told CBS News.

“We’ve been tracking it over time and it’s going up dramatically. We see this category is being affected by economic conditions more dramatically than others,” Reich added.

Previously, drugstore chains like Walgreens and CVS have announced they would limit how many baby formula products each shopper can purchase at a given time.

In a statement, Reich cited inflation, product recalls, and supply chain shortages as why there is “an unprecedented amount of volatility for baby formula.” And he believes that the shortages will continue in the near future.

“We expect to continue to see the baby formula category being dramatically affected by these conditions,” Reich said.

“Baby formula stock, which has been one of the more affected categories so far in 2022, and one that will continue to demonstrate higher than average out-of-stock levels.”

Fri May 06, 2022 8:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've seen a number of articles lamenting shortages of baby formula, and today a from a woman who is in fear for her baby's survival:

"My Baby Needs Formula, And I’m Getting Scared She Won’t Have It."*

Now, I understand there may be extenuating sourghumstenches where some infants may require formula, but I am struggling to figure out why a shortage, to the gen pop is alarming.

Did China stop exporting boobs?

(I have fancifull images in my head of ship loads of containers filled with jiggly titties :bigsmile: )

* https://thefederalist.com/2022/05/11/my ... 2022-05-11

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed May 11, 2022 7:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

i'm no expert but from what i understand lactation isn't like a faucet, you can't just turn it "on"
if at birth they start on the formula then in a few weeks there is no milk produced due to lack of "demand" and so it doesn't just come back at will

Wed May 11, 2022 7:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
I've seen a number of articles lamenting shortages of baby formula, and today a from a woman who is in fear for her baby's survival:

"My Baby Needs Formula, And I’m Getting Scared She Won’t Have It."*

Now, I understand there may be extenuating sourghumstenches where some infants may require formula, but I am struggling to figure out why a shortage, to the gen pop is alarming.

Did China stop exporting boobs?

(I have fancifull images in my head of ship loads of containers filled with jiggly titties :bigsmile: )

* https://thefederalist.com/2022/05/11/my ... 2022-05-11

I know several women that either couldn't get their baby to breastfeed, or the kid had massive allergies. One friend, she was able to change her diet, but it was miserable for her for a long time. Another who couldn't change her diet enough, the child had such a reaction to her breast milk. Only option was super expensive fancy formula. For the most part people can breastfeed kids, even then, thats not to say they produce enough.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed May 11, 2022 8:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next