Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 China/Taiwan conflict 

Some of yall might have heard about the heated tensions going on. China is increasingly putting more military pressure on Taiwan, Chinas Navy invading their waters and planes flying into their airspace. Now, most would not care but when you look at the big picture China invading and possible taking over Taiwan is a very big deal economically. Taiwan supplies the world with computer chips, have you noticed the lack of new vehicles, computers, many other electronics going up in price or just unavailable at the moment? That is all due to Taiwan having a backlog of manufacturing.

Now say China does invade Taiwan, they already claim it as their sovereign territory though Taiwan have never been under rule of China. If they do invade however Japan has announced they will help defend Taiwan, being that the US and Japan are major allies will the ex-vice president stand with Japan? Our bases are interlinked, we work along side the Japanese defense force surely they won't go to war and our soldiers will sit by the way side. Okinawa is well within striking force of China and they too share bases with Japanese defense.

I personally feel that China will increase their hostility and eventually attempt to take over Taiwan. Xi Jinping wants to expand and for China to become the global leader. China has a huge presence in Africa and soon Afghanistan for minerals. We know biden is in bed with them through the deal with his son. How many Chinese spies have been caught with our own high level officials so far?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ch ... d=msedgntp

Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a big deal.

China senses weakness with Biden, and knows he can’t even spell China without a cheat sheet....and after the debacle leaving Afghanistan, probably perceives he doesn’t have the heart, guts, or support for conflict.

After Xi Jinping decided he didn’t want to leave office in 2022-23 — or ever, and decided he wanted to be president-for-life, the script, and aggressiveness of China has changed, and is on steroids now.

Here’s one of a number of articles on Xi, and changes he’s making to hurt non-supporters in China, and not bode well for the rest of the world.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/11/how-whitn ... -vanished/

Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Biden is weak, America is soured with the latest fiasco and I don't think many in the service have much faith in the current administration to have their back and give them the tools/resources to succeed.
China can walk on in, I believe that this administration is too dumbfounded over the past couple of months that any action they take will be wrong and cost too many lives.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The communist is all about image. They like to project the image of a successful country that supasse the UK and just about eclipsing us. They are good in propaganda, they view the Taiwanese a splinter that needs to be taken out. With us being the laugingstock in the world theater, the Chinese knows no one will dare to stand up to them when they make their move across the strait. Our complicity and silence may very well spell doom for the small island country. Just look at Hong Kong, it didn’t take them long for the mainland to take over their security and freedoms that they used to enjoy. It will be no difference for Taiwan.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With this retarded piece of shit in office any thing goes for China.
He has to wear slip on shoes because he can't figure how to tie them.
Between this ass wipe and obozo we are the laughing stock of the world.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DoveRelease wrote:
With this retarded piece of shit in office any thing goes for China.
He has to wear slip on shoes because he can't figure how to tie them.
Between this ass wipe and obozo we are the laughing stock of the world.

:bow: :rofl9:

Has Joe cried for us as Obama did? Come on man!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When the time comes, WE must be the “behind every blade of grass” Americans because WE are the only ones who can save America.

Get your affairs in order now, you know it’s coming. WOLVERINES!!!

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Jingoism Thread has a lot on this topic

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=87609&p=1226748&hilit=jingoism#p1226748

Many parallels to WWI in that there are defense alliances that would bring many actors into the conflict once the initial volleys between the two primary participants go off. That is IF China decides to go after only ONE target at a a time.

If I were the Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam or anyone else claiming sovereignty in any part of the South China sea, I'd be pretty worried that the Dragon's appetite won't be sated with a single bite.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Taiwan is supposed to be running military drills this week into next. If China wanted to pull something, now would be the perfect time. False flag themselves to make it look like Taiwan was the aggressor would cause enough international confusion that they’d sit back and stay out of the conflict. USA and Europe currently lack the will to get into a conflict with a near pier nation, plus with the ongoing covid cases will cause more lack of willpower. Australia is a non existent issue because they’re too busy dealing with internal issues.

If USA were to get involved, guarantee that you’d see massive protests on the streets by college age individuals who have been indoctrinated with the idea that “America bad, China good”. A lot of the political elite would quickly waver and lose interest in the conflict. We might see a few hundred military casualties, but the Gov will consider those acceptable losses.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:

Many parallels to WWI in that there are defense alliances that would bring many actors into the conflict once the initial volleys between the two primary participants go off. That is IF China decides to go after only ONE target at a a time.

If I were the Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam or anyone else claiming sovereignty in any part of the South China sea, I'd be pretty worried that the Dragon's appetite won't be sated with a single bite.
The way I see it, their buddies in Russia would make a coordinated move on their neighbors at the same time. The clowns in power here don't have the coherence or the cajones to do anything about it other than to make tersely worded statements.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:56 pm

Gman wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

The way I see it, their buddies in Russia would make a coordinated move on their neighbors at the same time. The clowns in power here don't have the coherence or the cajones to do anything about it other than to make tersely worded statements.

If that's the case I have no idea what would be the out come. Russia and China attacking different fronts would to a lot to handle.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It will definitely be different. When was the last time the U.S. got militarily involved in a country that wasn't a total shithole with zero friends? 1950?

Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkcavalier wrote:
...a country that(‘s)...a total shithole with zero friends?

I thought you were describing what we’re turning into, for a minute there...

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Caveman Jim wrote:
When the time comes, WE must be the “behind every blade of grass” Americans because WE are the only ones who can save America.

Get your affairs in order now, you know it’s coming. WOLVERINES!!!

:AR15firing: :AR15firing: :AR15firing:

Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The unfortunate thing about it is if we were to get involved, there would be a lot of body bags coming home.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next