No football thread this year.....?

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Hawks put up a great effort tonight, i expected a blowout. Geno is not the answer for a backup QB though.

I hate the NFL replies in 3...2...1...

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
The Hawks put up a great effort tonight, i expected a blowout. Geno is not the answer for a backup QB though.

I'd like to say to keep that shit out of here, but certsin members only come into threads to shit on them. I hope you're wrong, but you're not.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was impressed with the defense tonight, they did their job. The offensive line did a decent job too. The run, run, pass offense was predictable for most of the game, but all things considered it was a great team effort.
They need a better backup QB though, or they just don't trust him to throw the ball downfield.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like that they didn’t give up after that awful first half.

I’d like Jamal Adams & DK to stop the antics, until they’re consistently impacting the game.

I’d like Pete & John to put more value into the offensive & defensive lines. The game is changing, and everyone else is putting more value in it, and you’re losing at the line, and it’s causing injuries and disruption. Tom Cable couldn’t turn low level tight ends and players into linemen, and neither can you. He’s gone for a reason.

#LearnTheLesson

And, as I texted a fellow Wagunner, I wouldn’t be mad if Cris Collingsworth fell into a volcano...

But still...Go Hawks! :thumbsup2: :bigsmile:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:

I’d like Jamal Adams & DK to stop the antics, until they’re consistently impacting the game.

I’d like Pete & John to put more value into the offensive & defensive lines. The game is changing, and everyone else is putting more value in it, and you’re losing at the line, and it’s causing injuries and disruption. Tom Cable couldn’t turn low level tight ends and players into linemen, and neither can you. He’s gone for a reason.

#LearnTheLesson

And, as I texted a fellow Wagunner, I wouldn’t be mad if Cris Collingsworth fell into a volcano...

Chris " I like to gargle Tom Brady's secretion's" Collingsworth is a douchebag. I make fun of that twat constantly during any game he calls.

:thumbsup2:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:11 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
NWGunner wrote:

#LearnTheLesson

Chris " I like to gargle Tom Brady's secretion's" Collingsworth is a douchebag. I make fun of that twat constantly during any game he calls.

:thumbsup2:

I hate Collinsworth. Although I might be the only one that like Joe Buck. I'm indifferent about Aikman. Tirico is great. My favorite is the big eared Italian dude from Sunday Ticket.

Hawks got a bad beat this year with Wilson down. As a Cowboys fan though, its part of the game and have to roll with itm sucks, bur Geno is poised and really doing OK for stepping in. The Hawks have more issues than Smith being their QB. Their secondary for starters is downright embarrassing.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah we seem to forget the 2020 Seahawks were about 3 plays from starting 2-3 and not 5-0. Then they re-learned how to pace a game and play defense. This 2021 team isn't getting those breaks and Geno is just not clutch (obviously). So now they're already out of the division race and probably can only hope for one of the bottom 2 wild card spots (at least there are 7 spots now). But they'd have to figure out a way to beat the Saints and the Jags because I doubt they'll do any better than 2-2 against the next 4.

Teams already spending $25mil+ on QB1 aren't going to invest much in QB2. The old pre-free agency and salary cap days of great teams having 2 great QBs is long gone.

As for talent, they have been terrible at drafting defensive players. Like they blew all their karma in the 2010-2012 drafts. You shouldn't have to trade for your stars and scrape the rest off the waiver wire or other teams' practice squads. Stars and scrubs defense never works because they just go after your scrubs...

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
usrifle wrote:

I'd like to say to keep that shit out of here, but certsin members only come into threads to shit on them. I hope you're wrong, but you're not.

Well, now that you two have waved the “come shit on me” flag, I’m sure it will be fine. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I lost my taste for NFL after all that communist BLM crap.
I mean, we watch it sometimes, but Sundays are not consumed with football for us anymore. If we have NOTHING going on, we'll watch the Seahawks.

Hell, didn't even know they were playing last night until this thread.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:51 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I watched the game after I got home last night. Was pretty happy after the 2nd half, it went better than I thought it would. I also agree that Adams and DK need some humble pie. Adams is falling flat. Step up or go home. DK just needs to change his hair color, we haven't won since he went blue.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:14 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
I watched the game after I got home last night. Was pretty happy after the 2nd half, it went better than I thought it would. I also agree that Adams and DK need some humble pie. Adams is falling flat. Step up or go home. DK just needs to change his hair color, we haven't won since he went blue.

DK thinks he's going for the Dennis Rodman but instead got the Doug Remer from BASEketball look.

Adams dropped two INTs that actually hit him. It's like he's so focused on one thing he must do on each play that he can't adjust when something else happens. He's pretty good at that one thing...but it doesn't always happen and then he's out of the play. And he's terrible at playing behind a receiver to catch the overthrow or fingertip ball, y'know, like a safety is supposed to do.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:28 am

sportsdad60 wrote:
I lost my taste for NFL after all that communist BLM crap.
I mean, we watch it sometimes, but Sundays are not consumed with football for us anymore. If we have NOTHING going on, we'll watch the Seahawks.

Hell, didn't even know they were playing last night until this thread.

Same here.... Haven't seen one game yet this year, tho I was tempted to turn it on last night....
Don't miss it one bit so far.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The only important part was the sea-bitches lost.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:
The only important part was the sea-bitches lost.

Ah, salty Mash makes an appearance. :rofl9:

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next