Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:02 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
 Alec Baldwin Shoots Prop Gun: Kills One, Injures Another 

usrifle wrote:
He kept mentioning he thumbed the Hammer back and then when he released it, it went off. Did the dumbass not draw the hammer back far enough to lock and then when he released it, it fired?

If hammer is not fully cocked when released would the cylinder not lock and seal the chamber? Never had a SA revolver - but I'd assume the cylinder would rotate back where it was if you release hammer w/o locking? Anybody knows?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am watching the movie right now, lots of gunshots. Would take a lot to be the head of safety there. You want a realistic movie, but safe. One criticism was that the weapons were not weathered like in the real war. Oh well. I think there would be a safety check and lock down of weapons before each scene to ensure the right ones were in place for the scene and they weren't mixed up. Shooters versus non-shooters. And even though for black powder, ensure no caps or powder were loaded and each and every one on the set at the time. It takes time and like a crime scene, you have to tightly control it. Then get different weapons for the shooting scenes. This one is done in 1999, probably had some guns shoot something for that realistic feel. I think his point was that it can be done and in a much more complex and moving environment like Run With the Devil you can do it if you try. Remember, one rule at least is violated in this scene, pointing a gun (albeit, not loaded but my dad would always say, "non loaded" guns kill people every year) so an extra careful check must be made.

When working with firearms, a sense of paranoia is needed in addition to a healthy respect.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
usrifle wrote:
He kept mentioning he thumbed the Hammer back and then when he released it, it went off. Did the dumbass not draw the hammer back far enough to lock and then when he released it, it fired?

If hammer is not fully cocked when released would the cylinder not lock and seal the chamber? Never had a SA revolver - but I'd assume the cylinder would rotate back where it was if you release hammer w/o locking? Anybody knows?

Are you going to the WaGuns New Years Range Day? I'll bring my blackpowder pistol to show.

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:13 pm

jackass wrote:
SurfPerch wrote:
usrifle wrote:

Are you going to the WaGuns New Years Range Day? I'll bring my blackpowder pistol to show.

TBH I've never heard of such party, shame on me... :) Would love to see it!

Came across this very detailed animation of a mechanism of early SA revolver. Fascinating design. Mechanical sequential "programming" always amazes me. :)
It would seem that chance of firing by releasing hammer before it locks are slim to none.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

SurfPerch wrote:
jackass wrote:

TBH I've never heard of such party, shame on me... :)

You need to use "view unread posts" so you don't miss threads from other sections of the site....

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48216

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SurfPerch wrote:
jackass wrote:
SurfPerch wrote:
usrifle wrote:

TBH I've never heard of such party, shame on me... :) Would love to see it!

Came across this very detailed animation of a mechanism of early SA revolver. Fascinating design. Mechanical sequential "programming" always amazes me. :)
It would seem that chance of firing by releasing hammer before it locks are slim to none.

Blasphemy! I might even come out from OK for the event! (need to check on the house/kids) (Might need a ride BTW)

Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Baldwin thinks he'll skate. Prosecutor says some one or some ones may still face charges.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... n=20211206

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Baldwin thinks he'll skate. Prosecutor says some one or some ones may still face charges.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment ... l-charges/?

utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20211206

What a stooge.

It’s all about how he feels...

“If I felt like I did anything wrong...”

Yeah, dumbass, that’s how the law works.

Interesting that he’s pissed off the DA by speaking publicly.

His crocodile tears and ego may come back to haunt him...

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:31 pm

Actor to actor talk :)

So looks like the only way to fire that gun w/o pulling the trigger AFTER cocking the hammer - is to hold the trigger pressed WHILE cocking he hammer... Which dumbass who is too dumb to check the gun might as well do. So - BS all around. I betcha his lawyers came up with that "i didn't pull the trigger" idea...

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find it amusing that immediately following Alec's interview, everyone who owns a SAA revolver immediately went to their safe and checked it out themselves. Then all of those who have a YouTube account made a video demonstrating how Alec is full of crap.
The only scenario where Alec's explanation is plausible is one where the gun was in such poor mechanical condition that the armorer, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, was even worse at her job than we thought.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:40 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

SurfPerch wrote:
usrifle wrote:

The Fuk?

This was a SAA?

I thought I heard on the news him say the gun had a competition trigger...too light.

And come to find out hes guilty of doing what the Slingers used to do....

Called "Fanning the Hammer"

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.geo.tv/latest/386560-alec-b ... ou-pull-it

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:40 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Armorer is gonna FRY!

AB says she loaded the gun.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:

Armorer is gonna FRY!

AB says she loaded the gun.

And you believe him?

Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:32 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next