Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Alec Baldwin Shoots Prop Gun: Kills One, Injures Another 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Blanks aren't toys. Criminal investigators were called out.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/prop-firear ... new-mexico

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:26 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, this will be interesting to follow, and see what happened.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Liberal hypocrite hoplophobe, even if armed with just a prop gun, is a serial killer.
Will Brady Campaign go after him?

Last edited by surevaliance on Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Somehow it will be blamed on the evil gun, he will get a slap in the wrist, fined. He will probably donate money to more anti-2a movement to appease his hollywood buddies.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Couple more at it would count as a mass shooting.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do not know the first thing about Prop Guns but I would assume that after Brandon Lee’s untimely fate that all prop guns would at least have the barrels welded.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:
I do not know the first thing about Prop Guns but I would assume that after Brandon Lee’s untimely fate that all prop guns would at least have the barrels welded.

Holy scheise! I always believed that they use specially made guns that could not use real ammo under any circumstances!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theatri ... op_weapons

“In film production, fully functional weapons are mostly used, but typically only with special smoke blanks with blank adapted guns instead of real bullets. Real cartridges with bullets removed are still dangerously charged which has caused several tragic instances when used on stage or film. The safety and proper handling of real weapons used as movie props is the premiere responsibility of the prop master. ATF and other law enforcement agencies may monitor the use of real guns for film and television, but this is generally not necessary with stage props as these guns are permanently "plugged".
:facepalm2:

Last edited by surevaliance on Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

zombie66 wrote:

Same here.

What was the projectile?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't think you can safely 'plug' a barrel that uses blanks. A blank firing device redirects some of the gas to cycle semi's but doesn't contain all of the gas.
Blanks have a sort of wadding that can act as a projectile; the gas being expelled is hazardous too.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Safety crew seriously failed. Or there wasn't a safety crew on set. They are the ones who make sure all the props, stunts, and special effects work in a safe manor. The Union and the studio are going to burn some people at the stake for this one.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That truly sucks for all involved. The injured and killed workers, their families, and although I am not a fan of him at all I feel bad for Alec Baldwin.

Quote:
In the film, Baldwin stars as Harland Rust, an outlaw who helps his estranged grandson get out of prison in Kansas after the 13-year-old is "convicted of an accidental murder and sentenced to hang," according to Deadline.

That's some crazy irony there.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ace wrote:
Safety crew seriously failed. Or there wasn't a safety crew on set. They are the ones who make sure all the props, stunts, and special effects work in a safe manor. The Union and the studio are going to burn some people at the stake for this one.

This assumes that Baldwin was acting in a responsible manner and was using the prop as directed and not just goofing off or being a pissy fuck and doing something rash and risky. I'd like to see that out take.

FJB

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those hollyweird types are the biggest hypocrites ever, making millions in movies that they use guns…

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
Ace wrote:

This assumes that Baldwin was acting in a responsible manner and was using the prop as directed and not just goofing off or being a pissy fuck and doing something rash and risky. I'd like to see that out take.

The actual footage will most likely never be released. The elite protect their own

Caveman Jim wrote:
Those hollyweird types are the biggest hypocrites ever, making millions in movies that they use guns…

Hollywood doesn’t just use guns, they have glorified gun violence. They depict mass murder as heroic because we identify with the protagonist.

Someone needs to make a movie about an average person who uses their CC to defend themselves or others then loses their job/family/life savings paying lawyers to defend their real life heroic actions in court against a liberal biased judiciary. Show the true story of what happens to people who have to defend themselves with firearms.

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

#WrongPersonKilled

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 310 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next