Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 December 7th 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Remember the good, bad and ugly.

History should be learned and remembered.

For lives were lost so that you have the Freedoms you enjoy Today.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:patriot:

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

from my blog last year

gives a short synopsis of what happened to each ship

https://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/2020/ ... pearl.html

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:17 pm
Profile WWW

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
from my blog last year

Outstanding, thank you for posting that.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

80 years today....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can't believe that it's already 80 years ago that this happened. Growing up, the attack was a huge part of our history class curriculum. Later in life, I learned that some former co-workers of mine, did not even know where Pearl Harbor was. They had heard that the Japanese had bombed something, but they had no clue as to where Pearl Harbor was. I'm happy to see this thread of remembrance. It's important. Thank you. :flag:

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TINCANBANDIT wrote:
from my blog last year

I believe these are the only remaining ships from the attack

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoga_(YT-146)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USCGC_Taney_(WHEC-37)
http://www.tugboatinformation.com/tug.cfm?id=8483
YC-699 barge

Also a great series on the salvage after the attack

Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cdoniguian wrote:
I can't believe that it's already 80 years ago that this happened. Growing up, the attack was a huge part of our history class curriculum. Later in life, I learned that some former co-workers of mine, did not even know where Pearl Harbor was. They had heard that the Japanese had bombed something, but they had no clue as to where Pearl Harbor was. I'm happy to see this thread of remembrance. It's important. Thank you. :flag:

This history is quickly fading into distant history. There are few veterans of WW2 left, much less those that were at Pearl Harbor 80 years ago. I remember in the 90s the discussion about how few WW1 vets were left and it didn't seem possible that there would be no WW2 vets left but we are getting very close to that point.

Many of our fathers, and in some cases grandfathers and even great grandfathers weren't even born before the attack. My dad will be 80 next year and has little memory of life during the war. Thankfully this war was at least documented on a scale like no prior conflict so there won't be much confusion as to what happened during the war.

It is hard to believe that 9-11 happened 20 years ago and for many of us it seems like it was just yesterday. But the memory of that has faded, just like the memory of Pearl Harbor and the sacrifices of those that fought in that war seem to have faded 20-25 years afterward. I salute those few vets left that risked their lives to protect our freedom and to ensure the sovereignty of places like the Philippines (which would have gone back to the Philippines earlier if Japan hadn't attacked). I can't imagine this world if the Axis had managed to win. It wouldn't have a pleasant place.

'The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.'

Adolf Hitler

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wklink wrote:
cdoniguian wrote:

This history is quickly fading into distant history. There are few veterans of WW2 left, much less those that were at Pearl Harbor 80 years ago. I remember in the 90s the discussion about how few WW1 vets were left and it didn't seem possible that there would be no WW2 vets left but we are getting very close to that point.

Many of our fathers, and in some cases grandfathers and even great grandfathers weren't even born before the attack. My dad will be 80 next year and has little memory of life during the war. Thankfully this war was at least documented on a scale like no prior conflict so there won't be much confusion as to what happened during the war.

It is hard to believe that 9-11 happened 20 years ago and for many of us it seems like it was just yesterday. But the memory of that has faded, just like the memory of Pearl Harbor and the sacrifices of those that fought in that war seem to have faded 20-25 years afterward. I salute those few vets left that risked their lives to protect our freedom and to ensure the sovereignty of places like the Philippines (which would have gone back to the Philippines earlier if Japan hadn't attacked). I can't imagine this world if the Axis had managed to win. It wouldn't have a pleasant place.

very true, my best friend's father joined the Navy during WWII and was assigned to the USS Missouri, he was on deck the day the Japanese surrendered. He is 96

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SIG Pearl Harbor Commemorative

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/12/sig-un ... niversary/

Full gallery:

http://app.e.sigsauer.com/e/er?utm_camp ... 27&elqat=1

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was on the USS Midway in San Diego on Tuesday morning the 7th...They had several Pearl Harbor survivor veterans onboard and did a very emotionally moving ceremony/remembrance.

It was awesome to see the treatment and respect those men received.

The greatest generation...is fast vanishing from our midst. :flag: :patriot:

-- Travis A Kisner

Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:38 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Damnit... soooooo close.
I was on the USS Oklahoma City CLG-5.

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]