Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 SHOT 2022: What do you want us to review? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you were in the concrete biz, overworked, married, with 4 kids, you’d get your ass to Vegas for the Concrete Show, too! :thumbsup2:

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:00 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
Genesis Arms Shot 1 booth 62607

Gen 12 AR10 shotgun

The fine folks a Genesis Arms were happy to take us through their Gen 12 Ar-10 based shotgun (see video)

Notable takeaways:

-The gen 12 is compatible with DPMS style and most Aero style AR-10 lowers. They did mention that with Aero lowers the magazine might need minor fitting
-The magazines are proprietary and seem very well built
-You can purchase the complete shotgun from them or just the upper. Their complete lower ships standard with a hyperfire trigger
-Their prices are definitely on the high end, but the product looks to be very well built

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:51 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NotAMerc wrote:
Night vision inc.
Booth 6004
Ask about their new AVS goggle system.
Pictures and any details you can get would be greatly appreciated

Got some video below and the best details we could get out or the vendor (the engineer was not present) Of note:

-AVS Goggles are still in the design stage
-Pics are of 3D printed model
-Body construction will be 7075 aluminum
-App $25k price range
-Should be commercially available within 1 year

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:57 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NotAMerc wrote:
You get a change to try the Franklin Armory Glock binary trigger?

Some quick info on the Franklin Glock binary trigger

-Currently only available for the G17 Gen3
-It is not just a trigger but a complete slide as well since the selector (binary/non) is milled into the slide
-MSRP of $899 icon_eek

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:02 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

AR15L wrote:
KelTec P15

Turns out Keltec did bring a couple p15 prototypes to the show. Of note:

-They will be offering both a poly and alloy framed version
-Poly MSRP $425
-Alloy MSRP $795
-Available for purchase by June 2022
-The pistol has a mechanism built in that overrides either or both the magazine and grip safety. It is user selectable.
-The trigger on the display models had a nice break but a very long and almost imperceptible reset. The keltec rep assured us that this was just because it's a show gun and they have to basically gut the frame so it meets show specs. Still I'd advise trying the trigger out once they're available. If it's anything like the display model we handled, I'd be very hesitant to purchase

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:15 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

BlDtyLry wrote:
Desert Tech Trek 22 Chassis for Ruger 10/22

Quattro 15 Lower Receiver (53rd quad stack mags)

Let's start with the Trek chassis:

-Lightweight and solid, feels well built
-MSRP $299.99 and should be available 2nd to 3rd quarter of 2022
-Trigger mechanism is a standard transfer bar actuation, that being said it feels good. They had a stock 10/22 trigger in their demonstration model. Since it is a a transfer bar using an upgraded 10/22 trigger ie. BX-25 or other should improve on what is already a pretty good trigger. Notably, it wasn't spongy like many bullpup triggers can be
-The barrel clearance is plenty big enough to accommodate heavy barrels or even suppressors as pictured below

Quattro-15 lower:

-Will ship as a partially complete lower with the ambi bolt release and mag catch installed
-MSRP $349 for the lower and 1 included mag. Additional mags $74.99 each
-Unlike other quad stack mags, the DT mags utilize a single spring and follower plate with a proprietary follower that aids the collection of the round from quad to double stack as they near the magwell
-Aside from the bolt catch and mag release that are included the rest of the lower is standard AR-15 parts compatible
-Should be available 2nd to 3rd quarter 2022

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
KelTec P15

-Poly MSRP $425
-Alloy MSRP $795
-The pistol has a mechanism built in that overrides either or both the magazine and grip safety. It is user selectable.
-The trigger on the display models had a nice break but a very long and almost imperceptible reset. The keltec rep assured us that this was just because it's a show gun and they have to basically gut the frame so it meets show specs. Still I'd advise trying the trigger out once they're available. If it's anything like the display model we handled, I'd be very hesitant to purchase

-Poly MSRP $425?!
-Alloy MSRP $795?!
:shocked4:
That poor soul got screwed in all possible way!
KT dwarfs REALLY value their shit!

SA-35 MSRP is $699
https://www.springfield-armory.com/sa-3 ... -handguns/

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Gen 12 AR10 shotgun

The fine folks a Genesis Arms were happy to take us through their Gen 12 Ar-10 based shotgun (see video)

Notable takeaways:

-The gen 12 is compatible with DPMS style and most Aero style AR-10 lowers. They did mention that with Aero lowers the magazine might need minor fitting
-You can purchase the complete shotgun from them or just the upper. Their complete lower ships standard with a hyperfire trigger
-Their prices are definitely on the high end, but the product looks to be very well built

Did she say she's available right now?!

That thing looks sweet ( and I like the gun, too, if you know what I mean.)

The $1500 upper requires the purchase of a "beef-up" package for the lower which is another $60.

Since the Aero lower might need work and one would have to install then remove the beef-up kit to switch between shot gun and rifle, I'm thinking getting a full firearm the better route ( plus, more guns!)

Thanks Mike, that was awesome!

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:47 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

surevaliance wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
KelTec P15

-Poly MSRP $425
-Alloy MSRP $795

-Poly MSRP $425?!
-Alloy MSRP $795?!
:shocked4:
That poor soul got screwed in all possible way!
KT dwarfs REALLY value their shit!

SA-35 MSRP is $699
https://www.springfield-armory.com/sa-3 ... -handguns/

Yeah, the price difference between the poly and alloy framed pistols didn't make much sense to me either but he repeated the prices at least 3 times. Either the KT rep was incorrect 3 times or they really think that alloy framed model is special.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:55 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:

Gen 12 AR10 shotgun

Notable takeaways:

Did she say she's available right now?!

That thing looks sweet ( and I like the gun, too, if you know what I mean.)

The $1500 upper requires the purchase of a "beef-up" package for the lower which is another $60.

Since the Aero lower might need work and one would have to install then remove the beef-up kit to switch between shot gun and rifle, I'm thinking getting a full firearm the better route ( plus, more guns!)

Thanks Mike, that was awesome!

According to their website the lower "beef up kit" is included with every upper purchase. So the difference in price between the upper ($1800) and the complete shotgun ($2230) being $430 it makes the question "can you build your own AR-10 lower better than theirs for less than $430?"

Considering they include a hyperfire trigger and nice stock setup on their lower, it might be hard to beat for that price. Especially knowing that you'd probably get better warranty coverage from them if you're using their lower.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow. Great reporting, Mike! :thumbsup2:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:51 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
Wow. Great reporting, Mike! :thumbsup2:

Thanks man! I have a bit more to add but it’ll have to wait. Just about to get on a plane and head home to the family. Looking forward to SHOT 2023 and (optimistically) the end to all this Covid mess!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
NotAMerc wrote:
Night vision inc.
Booth 6004
Ask about their new AVS goggle system.
Pictures and any details you can get would be greatly appreciated

Got some video below and the best details we could get out or the vendor (the engineer was not present) Of note:

-AVS Goggles are still in the design stage
-Pics are of 3D printed model
-Body construction will be 7075 aluminum
-App $25k price range
-Should be commercially available within 1 year

Goddamn, that is sexy

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:54 pm

Sinus211 wrote:
Hey guys, Ive been feeling a little under the weather down here and spending all my free time napping in the hotel room. So I apologize if the reviews come in a little slower than usual.

Today was range day!

We started with a long walk up the top of the range, because barnaul was up there with full auto AK's. And who doesn't want to start the day with full auto AK's? Nothing much new at Barnaul, just a fun way to get started.

From there we wandered on down to Rubox, where the wiley Polish exhibitors roped us into watching their demonstration

You might say the Rubox demonstrators could use a little practice on the tactical reloads, but their product is impressive! The walls will withstand up to a 50bmg (750gr Hornady Amax) and are reasonably priced-ish at only $1500 per 2x2 block section. The walls you see in the demonstration are 4x4 so would come in at $6000 each. Maybe a little pricey for the enthusiast but for anyone considering building a vault or indoor shooting space, they're an interesting option.

From there we wandered past a shooting bay where they were warming up for a later demonstration

Next we were passing the Savage rifle booth and noticed something odd. 3 pistols sitting out on their table. It seems my picture of all 3 was too high resolution for postimg, so here is the grey model:
Savage Stance micro compact: https://www.americanrifleman.org/conten ... dgun-line/

Next we wandered up to the long range rifle bays. There wasn't a whole lot new and interesting that we saw up there, but the gals from Bishop rifles were back with their 475 Bishop large frame AR that I had the pleasure of shooting 2 years back, so Massive stepped up to receive some punishment from the large caliber rifle. After 5 failed videos of light strikes and other malfunctions before the rifle started running, I give you Massive on the 475 Bishop AR:

The cause of the light strikes turned out to be a worn out trigger spring on the Elfman match adjustable trigger used in that particular AR475GAR lower, due to the fact that the trigger spring Elfmann sent us was for the AR 15, not the heavier one for the AR 10 (confirmed by Elf later). So after 4000 rounds through the gun, the spring wore out. After a lot of scratching our heads, we swapped the AR-10 lower of the 475 BSM with the one on the 375 BSM, and all the problems disappeared, and the AR475GAR rocked the rest of the day with no errors.

- Dianne Bishop

Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:37 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Dianne and welcome to WaGuns! I was the one who shot the 475. Thanks for coming on here and letting us know what happened. While frustrating as that must have been for you, I'm glad you got it figured out. When she did fire though, she was a beaut. That's a heck of a round and felt great sending it downrange. Thanks for letting me shoot as many as I wanted!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next