Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 EAOTD #3: Contact senators re: SSB 5078 (mag ban)! 
Site Admin
Site Admin

URGENT: MAGAZINE BAN WILL HIT THE SENATE FLOOR FOR A VOTE THIS WEEK

Contact your legislators TODAY demanding they VOTE NO on SSB 5078

SPEAK UP NOW TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS!

We MUST stop this now or wait 10 years for court challenge!

Share with ALL to push back HARD and LOUD!

URGENT: SSB 5078 Banning magazines > 12 rounds will most likely be voted on THIS WEEK by the Senate.

Contact your Senators TODAY and demand they VOTE NO on SSB 5078!

This is one of the anti-gunner’s signature bills. They claim that it will save lives (without evidence), reduce gun violence (without a shred of evidence), and that the majority of WA supports this bill.
**LET’S PROVE THEM WRONG. **

Contact your Senators RIGHT NOW and tell them just how wrong they are.

Note: the legislature has made it harder to contact them. They don’t want your email and have hidden them; they’re trying to force you to fill out forms instead. AND there is an error in their online forms that is assigning people to the wrong districts. We’re going around them and DIRECTLY to the legislators.

STEP 1: Visit this link to find your representative: https://wacivilrights.org/legislators/
Enter your address, click Verify District. Jot down your legislator’s first/last name with Sen. in front of their name (Senator). There is only one. Close that window and go back to the Legislators page above.

STEP 2: Click Senate Members, and scroll down or search for your legislator (the list is sorted by legislator first name).
Click on their name copy their email address. Paste it into your mail program (save it—we’ll be using it a LOT).

STEP 3: Copy and personalize your email. For Republicans, thank them for opposing (as they all will)

Subject: Use your own subject because they WILL just delete all email with the same subject!

Senator LAST NAME, I am in in your district and I live at ADDRESS (Important! They cannot delete if you live in their district!).

TALKING POINTS (select a couple from this list or add your own)
Please oppose SSB 5078 that will prohibit firearm magazines in common use.

1. Magazine prohibitions are almost exclusively enforced against the marginalized poor. Creating a new crime for nonviolent possession of a magazine will inequitably worsen our twin issues of over-criminalization and over-incarceration

2. This law is ripe for abuse and will disproportionately be applied to BIPOC. Supporting these laws is supporting racism. In Illinois, 97% of people charged with concealed carry without a license were Black

3. Magazine restrictions disproportionately affect low-income, racial, and ethnic minorities, the elderly, and people with disabilities who rely on the current standard capacity of magazines when defending themselves from multiple assailants

4. There is no impact on violent crime. Last year, the Rand corporation reviewed scientific research on gun violence published between 1995 and 2018. They found no studies that showed in any reasonable way that public policy implementing magazine bans or semi-auto rifle bans had any impact on violent crime

5. Magazine capacity limits failed to prevent crime in Colorado—in fact, gun homicides are UP 23%

6. Passing a law that the Supreme Court has already indicated needs to be reviewed for constitutionality is an affront to our judicial system. New Jersey’s Magazine capacity law is currently before the US Supreme Court, pending a decision on NYSRPA v. Bruen

7. (Feel free to add your own! More in resources links below)

Please do not eliminate Washingtonian’s rights to defend their lives in the more than 44,572 violent crimes they experienced in 2018. Please OPPOSE SB 5078.

**Resources: **

You can find a ton of talking points here: https://bit.ly/EAOD3-Points
A summary of our opposition to the magazine ban: https://bit.ly/EAOD3-Summary
You can find the actual bill here: https://bit.ly/EAOD3-5078. Pay close attention to the striker amendment that drops magazine capacity back down to 12!
Let’s push back HARD and LOUD to show the legislators just how many of us there are who will VOTE THEM OUT in November!
---
Your voice absolutely matters. We only win if you take action!
Visit https://wacivilrights.org for the latest Easy Action of the Day, updated bills, and current information.
Join the discussion on our new Discord server @ https://discord.gg/7nZae42umd
Or on Facebook @ https://bit.ly/EAOD-FB

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

After you act, please post here! Let's keep the momentum going, we need ALL of the help we can get this year!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:33 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

And . . . done. Email sent to my senator, Bob Hasegawa.

I know it feels like a lost cause, emailing your senator if he/she is a Democrat, but it doesn't take much -- if we can convince just a couple of them to vote no, we can beat this thing!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Done and posted to my FB page to spread the word.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where did they pull the 12 round out of??? That's the first i've heard that number

"Legal possession is presumed where a person can provide a photo of the person with the large capacity magazine and the photo can be shown to have been taken prior to the effective date of this section." Well i guess i'm going to get some photos taken at a warehouse at magpul, and claim i bought them.

Also why are we allowing them to add an out for LEO's? Lets make them "NY reload" revolvers until they come out against this too.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
Where did they pull the 12 round out of??? That's the first i've heard that number

"Legal possession is presumed where a person can provide a photo of the person with the large capacity magazine and the photo can be shown to have been taken prior to the effective date of this section." Well i guess i'm going to get some photos taken at a warehouse at magpul, and claim i bought them.

Also why are we allowing them to add an out for LEO's? Lets make them "NY reload" revolvers until they come out against this too.
Pretty sure it was a misread by the NRA. It's at 17 right now.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:19 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

scrid2000 wrote:
shaggy wrote:

Personally, I don't care what the number is. It doesn't change my feelings about this bill and those that support it.

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
scrid2000 wrote:
shaggy wrote:

Personally, I don't care what the number is. It doesn't change my feelings about this bill and those that support it.

Yup...

Honestly my daily carry is a p64 so 6+1 and a spare 6, so even my loadout doesnt cross this. It just makes it harder for getting mags for my obscure homebuild toys, but i guess they want to ruin that too.

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sent and done.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I sent it to my old senator and reference this is one of the reasons I moved to idaho. Not sure if they will care.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:04 pm

Alright, now I'm done here too. Sent a custom message to my Senator and both my Reps. We'll see if they respond back to me.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:46 am

scrid2000 wrote:
shaggy wrote:

The bill itself has the limit at 17, but there's an amendment (458) filed by Petersen that drops the capacity limit back down to 12.

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:15 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you all! Please keep them coming!

Member, NAGR/NFGR

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And done. :wagwoot:

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next