Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 1/18 ACTION NEEDED: Email Senate committee re: gun bans! 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:28 am

With a little cut/paste action I'm done....

Subject: Immediately STOP the perpetual assault on our CONSTITUTIONALLY guaranteed and protected rights.

These rights and the protections of them are NOT "in the eye of the beholder" (an unfathomably insipid remark, which is so ludicrous as to be ignored if it weren't so dangerous).

The US Bill of Rights spelled out protections for a small number of rights that were deemed so important as to warrant special mention and guarantees. The yearly barrage of proposals that threaten to erode those guarantees flies in the face of reason and the liberties thus protected.

Yearly your constituents plod to Olympia to protest these takings and yearly these same proposals are trotted out for committee vote. It has only been the vigilance, and determination of citizens and the work of brave legislators who have preserved these liberties. Be among the brave who stand as champions for our freedoms and self determination. I want to remind you that constitutionality is very clearly defined by our, well, constitution. That very same constitution is referenced in YOUR oath of office.

And our Washington constitution states very clearly, "The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired."

I urge you to adhere to your oath of office, to act rationally, based on facts and data. Do Not advance the following unconstitutional bills out of committee:

SB 5217: Unconstitutional rifle ban
SB 5568: Preemption loss which will lead to unconstitutional bans
SB 5078: Unconstitutional magazine ban

Don't just do this because it's the right thing to do -- do it so the state of Washington doesn't get sued and spend millions of dollars defending an illegal law.

Thank you!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2