Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Thinking about an iPhone... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gman wrote:
At one point I was really big on removable batteries since they wore out quicker and gave the option of having a spare on-hand when you're running low on power.

These days, I'll take a sealed battery and waterproofed phone over a swappable battery. I almost never run out of juice in a day. My XS Max still has 91% of its original capacity.

Here's what you would pay for a battery replacement on an iPhone: https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair ... tery-power

I had no idea it was that cheap to replace a battery. Not from a Kiosk in the mall but from the mother ship!

I'm really leaning toward that new-to-me 11 now. :bow:

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:43 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agreed. Battery life has been a non-issue on my last couple of iPhones.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Gman wrote:
I'm impressed with how long Apple will support one of their devices. Samsung seems to pay attention for about a year and then they seem to forget that they ever made the thing and they've got some new device to sell you.

I did mention that and that really is one BIG reason I've been thinking about switching to iPhone.

I rocked my I phone 5 for MANY years with no issues. It didnt have much storage so I ran out of pic space often. It was a freebie from a family member who used to tease me about my old flip phone years ago.

Then I got a new iphone X (hand me down) from my MIL. Holy shit!,, 256 GB of space? I can take as many pics and vids as I want now!!

Its been great too.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wife went Android a couple years back because of using mine and liking it hands down more than her less than year old iPhone, she's WAS an iPhone slut since they came out. She got a Pixel 5 to replace it, won't discuss the lost money on a 7 or 8 month old iPhone she eventually gave away, and will never go back to an iPhone.
Just dumped my pixel 4 for a pixel 6. WTF! Finger scanner sucks dead ass and pages are occasionally glitchy as hell to scroll through. Supposedly there's an update on the way, but what the hell where they thinking. I'm half tempted to go to the S21 that Samsung came out with as I have another few days before I can't return the Google Pixel.
First android I've ever had issues with, ever.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

iPhone for simple folk.

A lot more customization and applications for Android.

Apple is usually a couple years behind Samsung.. They even gave up on their display technology and started using Samsung OLED displays....

Nothing wrong with Apple, per se.

A lot of the Apple hype was exclusivity.. Now that it's available to anyone that wants one, they're still relying on loyalty and not really anything new or innovative.

They do have an entire Apple ecology, though. Everything will talk to each other pretty much seamlessly... IF it's another Apple device.. They will do stuff like enable iMessaging, which doesn't get turned off, so if you go to another phone, all the sudden you're not getting any text messages, so they make you think it's the new phone's fault, which, of course, isn't Apple... otherwise it'd work.

They try to lock you into using Apple products, basically.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
Wife went Android a couple years back because of using mine and liking it hands down more than her less than year old iPhone, she's WAS an iPhone slut since they came out. She got a Pixel 5 to replace it, won't discuss the lost money on a 7 or 8 month old iPhone she eventually gave away, and will never go back to an iPhone.
Just dumped my pixel 4 for a pixel 6. WTF! Finger scanner sucks dead ass and pages are occasionally glitchy as hell to scroll through. Supposedly there's an update on the way, but what the hell where they thinking. I'm half tempted to go to the S21 that Samsung came out with as I have another few days before I can't return the Google Pixel.
First android I've ever had issues with, ever.

I have both the Pixel 6 and S21..

Hate the Pixel.... same issues with fingerprint reader and network issues galore, and the 'intuitive' navigation isn't so intuitive.. S21 hands down, even with the smaller screen it's 10x better.

I was one of the lucky few that was able to talk T-mo into giving me 2 free pixels and a free S21 because I've been with them since '99... :D

Yup, I got TWO free Pixel 6's, and they suck....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:22 pm

The nice thing about iPhone is that you have access to the many Apple stores for support, and their customer service is excellent. When I went in to replace the battery of my iPhone during one of their offers of $25, they discovered that the battery of my iPhone bulged which I didn't even noticed. As a result, they gave me a new iPhone as replacement for $25 instead. Very nice.

Same thing with my wife's iPad, went in to replace the battery for $99 (this is after many years of use) and they simply gave us a new iPad as replacement for $99.

The other nice thing about having the Apple store is that you don't have to deal with potentially shifty phone store employees when you want to upgrade your iPhone. Just bring it to the Apple store and their will handle the migration of everything for you, walk in, pay for the new phone, give them your old one and go home with a fully functional new phone. Very easy to deal with.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigbearbear wrote:
The nice thing about iPhone is that you have access to the many Apple stores for support, and their customer service is excellent. When I went in to replace the battery of my iPhone during one of their offers of $25, they discovered that the battery of my iPhone bulged which I didn't even noticed. As a result, they gave me a new iPhone as replacement for $25 instead. Very nice.

Same thing with my wife's iPad, went in to replace the battery for $99 (this is after many years of use) and they simply gave us a new iPad as replacement for $99.

The other nice thing about having the Apple store is that you don't have to deal with potentially shifty phone store employees when you want to upgrade your iPhone. Just bring it to the Apple store and their will handle the migration of everything for you, walk in, pay for the new phone, give them your old one and go home with a fully functional new phone. Very easy to deal with.

I like easy.
Easy is good.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was an Android user for ever. I used to go see Dan at his store every time the newest Galaxy came out it seemed like. I finally made the decision to try an Iphone last year and got the 12 Pro Max and was immediately impressed. It is way more intuitive in my opinion, and it took no time at all to figure everything out on it. I love the Apple wallet, and have had zero issues so far. The battery life is EXCELLENT, and using the apple watch I got with my phone had been equally satisfying.

I will say the Apple watch battery sucks ass. the features and functions are very cool, but plan on charging daily.

Over all I wouldn't hesitate to recommend making the switch to an Iphone Rick.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys are making this really easy for me.
I'm getting my S10e all cleaned up so it looks brand spanking new so I can sell it. That will pay for a little over half of what I can get the 11 for.
Really looking forward to it.
:wagwoot:

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My daughter and her husband just got the Apple 13 Pro's and Air Buds Pro and seem to like them....I have S21 android and it's fine for me

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:47 pm

AR15L wrote:
I'm getting my S10e all cleaned up so it looks brand spanking new so I can sell it. That will pay for a little over half of what I can get the 11 for.

Whatever you do, don't buy the iPhone from a cell phone store. Go to a Apple store and buy it there instead, they can do the cell plan for you too. And buy the iCloud backup for your phone too, very handy.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bigbearbear wrote:
AR15L wrote:

Whatever you do, don't buy the iPhone from a cell phone store. Go to a Apple store and buy it there instead, they can do the cell plan for you too. And buy the iCloud backup for your phone too, very handy.

Yes... make sure you put your entire life into Apple...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Better than putting your whole life into Google, FWIW.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:26 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Coming soon to a WaGuns near you:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next