Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Call to Action (SB 5078 & HB 1164) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Washington anti-gun legislators are hard at work eroding your Second Amendment rights.

Two new bills banning magazines in the Washington State Legislature need your action today.

SB 5078 demonizes magazines holding eighteen or more rounds as “dangerous and unusual” while its companion bill, HB 1164 (which lowers the maximum to ten rounds), claims that “magazine capacity limits do not interfere with responsible, lawful self-defense”.

SB 5078, in regal fashion, graciously offers the pretense of a “grandfather” clause for “large capacity” magazines to citizens who can show verifiable, photo evidence of themselves with the “large capacity” magazine(s) taken before the date the bill is to be signed into law. HB 1164 grants citizens who inherit such magazines exemption so long as they can show incontrovertible proof that they inherited them from “a former owner who was in legal possession of the large capacity magazine”.

The obvious goal with these subversive bills is to thwart the Second Amendment as well as Article I, Section 24 of the Washington State Constitution.
Take a stand now and tell your representatives to vote “NO” on SB 5078 and HB 1164.

If you'd like to have your voice heard, copy/paste the message below to the list of email recipients for the Senate and the House, replacing the “[YOUR NAME HERE]” with your name.

FOR YOUR STATE SENATORS

Dear Senator,
I am writing to urge you to vote NO on SB 5078. I call upon you to remember your oath to uphold and defend the Washington State Constitution which states, in Article I, Section 1, that governments “are established to protect and maintain individual rights“. SB 5078 is in violation of Article I, Section 24 of the Washington State Constitution and must not stand. Please keep your oath to uphold and defend the Constitution by voting NO on this bill.

Sincerely,
[YOUR NAME HERE].

Copy/paste this list of emails into the “To” box of your email message.

andy.billig@leg.wa.gov; john.braun@leg.wa.gov; sharon.brown@leg.wa.gov; reuven.carlyle@leg.wa.gov; annette.cleveland@leg.wa.gov; steve.conway@leg.wa.gov; mona.das@leg.wa.gov; manka.dhingra@leg.wa.gov; perry.dozier@leg.wa.gov; doug.ericksen@leg.wa.gov; phil.fortunato@leg.wa.gov; david.frockt@leg.wa.gov; chris.gildon@leg.wa.gov; bob.hasegawa@leg.wa.gov; brad.hawkins@leg.wa.gov; jeff.holy@leg.wa.gov; jim.honeyford@leg.wa.gov; sam.hunt@leg.wa.gov; karen.keiser@leg.wa.gov; curtis.king@leg.wa.gov; patty.kuderer@leg.wa.gov; marko.liias@leg.wa.gov; liz.lovelett@leg.wa.gov; john.lovick@leg.wa.gov; jim.mccune@leg.wa.gov; mark.mullet@leg.wa.gov; ron.muzzall@leg.wa.gov; joe.nguyen@leg.wa.gov; twina.nobles@leg.wa.gov; mike.padden@leg.wa.gov; jamie.pedersen@leg.wa.gov; emily.randall@leg.wa.gov; ann.rivers@leg.wa.gov; june.robinson@leg.wa.gov; christine.rolfes@leg.wa.gov; Rebecca.Saldana@Leg.wa.gov; jesse.salomon@leg.wa.gov; mark.schoesler@leg.wa.gov; timothy.sheldon@leg.wa.gov; shelly.short@leg.wa.gov; derek.stanford@leg.wa.gov; yasmin.trudeau@leg.wa.gov; kevin.vandewege@leg.wa.gov; keith.wagoner@leg.wa.gov; judy.warnick@leg.wa.gov; lisa.wellman@leg.wa.gov; claire.wilson@leg.wa.gov; jeff.wilson@leg.wa.gov; lynda.wilson@leg.wa.gov; ltgov@ltgov.wa.gov; steve.hobbs@sos.wa.gov;

FOR YOUR STATE REPRESENTATIVES

Dear Representative,
I am writing to urge you to vote NO on HB 1164. I call upon you to remember your oath to uphold and defend the Washington State Constitution which states, in Article I, Section 1, that governments “are established to protect and maintain individual rights“. SB 5078 is in violation of Article I, Section 24 of the Washington State Constitution and must not stand. Please keep your oath to uphold and defend the Constitution by voting NO on this bill.

Sincerely,
[YOUR NAME HERE].

Copy/paste this list of emails into the “To” box of your email message.

peter.abbarno@leg.wa.gov; andrew.barkis@leg.wa.gov; jessica.bateman@leg.wa.gov; april.berg@leg.wa.gov; steve.bergquist@leg.wa.gov; liz.berry@leg.wa.gov; matt.boehnke@leg.wa.gov; dan.bronoske@leg.wa.gov; michelle.caldier@leg.wa.gov; lisa.callan@leg.wa.gov; kelly.chambers@leg.wa.gov; bruce.chandler@leg.wa.gov; mike.chapman@leg.wa.gov; rob.chase@leg.wa.gov; frank.chopp@leg.wa.gov; eileen.cody@leg.wa.gov; chris.corry@leg.wa.gov; lauren.davis@leg.wa.gov; tom.dent@leg.wa.gov; laurie.dolan@leg.wa.gov; brandy.donaghy@leg.wa.gov; davina.duerr@leg.wa.gov; jeremie.dufault@leg.wa.gov; mary.dye@leg.wa.gov; debra.entenman@leg.wa.gov; carolyn.eslick@leg.wa.gov; jake.fey@leg.wa.gov; joe.fitzgibbon@leg.wa.gov; noel.frame@leg.wa.gov; greg.gilday@leg.wa.gov; keith.goehner@leg.wa.gov; roger.goodman@leg.wa.gov; jenny.graham@leg.wa.gov; mia.gregerson@leg.wa.gov; dan.griffey@leg.wa.gov; david.hackney@leg.wa.gov; drew.hansen@leg.wa.gov; paul.harris@leg.wa.gov; kirsten.harris-talley@leg.wa.gov; larry.hoff@leg.wa.gov; cyndy.jacobsen@leg.wa.gov; laurie.jinkins@leg.wa.gov; jesse.johnson@leg.wa.gov; steve.kirby@leg.wa.gov; mark.klicker@leg.wa.gov; brad.klippert@leg.wa.gov; shelley.kloba@leg.wa.gov; vicki.kraft@leg.wa.gov; joel.kretz@leg.wa.gov; mari.leavitt@leg.wa.gov; debra.lekanoff@leg.wa.gov; drew.macewen@leg.wa.gov; nicole.macri@leg.wa.gov; jacquelin.maycumber@leg.wa.gov; bob.mccaslin@leg.wa.gov; joel.mcentire@leg.wa.gov; melanie.morgan@leg.wa.gov; gina.mosbrucker@leg.wa.gov; ed.orcutt@leg.wa.gov; timm.ormsby@leg.wa.gov; lillian.ortiz-self@leg.wa.gov; tina.orwall@leg.wa.gov; dave.paul@leg.wa.gov; strom.peterson@leg.wa.gov; gerry.pollet@leg.wa.gov; alex.ramel@leg.wa.gov; bill.ramos@leg.wa.gov; marcus.riccelli@leg.wa.gov; eric.robertson@leg.wa.gov; skyler.rude@leg.wa.gov; alicia.rule@leg.wa.gov; cindy.ryu@leg.wa.gov; sharontomiko.santos@leg.wa.gov; joe.schmick@leg.wa.gov; mike.sells@leg.wa.gov; tana.senn@leg.wa.gov; sharon.shewmake@leg.wa.gov; tarra.simmons@leg.wa.gov; vandana.slatter@leg.wa.gov; larry.springer@leg.wa.gov; mike.steele@leg.wa.gov; drew.stokesbary@leg.wa.gov; monica.stonier@leg.wa.gov; pat.sullivan@leg.wa.gov; robert.sutherland@leg.wa.gov; jamila.taylor@leg.wa.gov; my-linh.thai@leg.wa.gov; steve.tharinger@leg.wa.gov; javier.valdez@leg.wa.gov; brandon.vick@leg.wa.gov; mike.volz@leg.wa.gov; amy.walen@leg.wa.gov; jim.walsh@leg.wa.gov; emily.wicks@leg.wa.gov; jt.wilcox@leg.wa.gov; sharon.wylie@leg.wa.gov; alex.ybarra@leg.wa.gov; jesse.young@leg.wa.gov;

Thank you for your immediate help in defeating these attacks on our gun rights.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done, Jämes.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:14 pm

Done.

Thanks for putting the mailing list together.

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

James, welcome, thanks for joining our forum and putting this alert out in such an easy way to effectively way to send our messages to the house and congress critters. So easy a Caveman can do it.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:44 pm

Done. Too easy, thank you James. Every member should do this, it took less than 5 minutes.

James, can you post this in the Hometown section of ar15.com? There's a decent size movement there to oppose these proposed anti 2nd Amendment bills.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's nice to see folks coming together to fight this severe overreach of our state government. Thanks for your responses. I'm glad it was easy for everyone to use (even the cavemen :P). I'll keep using this format for future notifications.

@gerrybj5
Quote:
Thanks for putting the mailing list together.

Happy to do it. Although, I must give credit to Tim Eyman for compiling the original list.

@NWBoon
Quote:
James, can you post this in the Hometown section of ar15.com? There's a decent size movement there to oppose these proposed anti 2nd Amendment bills.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not currently a member of that community although I'll add to my list of forums to check out. You're free, of course, to repost this message on that forum if you are a member there. Here at CCRKBA, myself, Dave Workman and others are happy to have you share our posts with others and thank you for it.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done. Again.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Done,thanks for making this so easy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For those that use a comma instead

SB 5078

andy.billig@leg.wa.gov, john.braun@leg.wa.gov, sharon.brown@leg.wa.gov, reuven.carlyle@leg.wa.gov, annette.cleveland@leg.wa.gov, steve.conway@leg.wa.gov, mona.das@leg.wa.gov, manka.dhingra@leg.wa.gov, perry.dozier@leg.wa.gov, doug.ericksen@leg.wa.gov, phil.fortunato@leg.wa.gov, david.frockt@leg.wa.gov, chris.gildon@leg.wa.gov, bob.hasegawa@leg.wa.gov, brad.hawkins@leg.wa.gov, jeff.holy@leg.wa.gov, jim.honeyford@leg.wa.gov, sam.hunt@leg.wa.gov, karen.keiser@leg.wa.gov, curtis.king@leg.wa.gov, patty.kuderer@leg.wa.gov, marko.liias@leg.wa.gov, liz.lovelett@leg.wa.gov, john.lovick@leg.wa.gov, jim.mccune@leg.wa.gov, mark.mullet@leg.wa.gov, ron.muzzall@leg.wa.gov, joe.nguyen@leg.wa.gov, twina.nobles@leg.wa.gov, mike.padden@leg.wa.gov, jamie.pedersen@leg.wa.gov, emily.randall@leg.wa.gov, ann.rivers@leg.wa.gov, june.robinson@leg.wa.gov, christine.rolfes@leg.wa.gov, Rebecca.Saldana@Leg.wa.gov, jesse.salomon@leg.wa.gov, mark.schoesler@leg.wa.gov, timothy.sheldon@leg.wa.gov, shelly.short@leg.wa.gov, derek.stanford@leg.wa.gov, yasmin.trudeau@leg.wa.gov, kevin.vandewege@leg.wa.gov, keith.wagoner@leg.wa.gov, judy.warnick@leg.wa.gov, lisa.wellman@leg.wa.gov, claire.wilson@leg.wa.gov, jeff.wilson@leg.wa.gov, lynda.wilson@leg.wa.gov, ltgov@ltgov.wa.gov, steve.hobbs@sos.wa.gov

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

HB 1164

Please note to clean up the copy message.

peter.abbarno@leg.wa.gov, andrew.barkis@leg.wa.gov, jessica.bateman@leg.wa.gov, april.berg@leg.wa.gov, steve.bergquist@leg.wa.gov, liz.berry@leg.wa.gov, matt.boehnke@leg.wa.gov, dan.bronoske@leg.wa.gov, michelle.caldier@leg.wa.gov, lisa.callan@leg.wa.gov, kelly.chambers@leg.wa.gov, bruce.chandler@leg.wa.gov, mike.chapman@leg.wa.gov, rob.chase@leg.wa.gov, frank.chopp@leg.wa.gov, eileen.cody@leg.wa.gov, chris.corry@leg.wa.gov, lauren.davis@leg.wa.gov, tom.dent@leg.wa.gov, laurie.dolan@leg.wa.gov, brandy.donaghy@leg.wa.gov, davina.duerr@leg.wa.gov, jeremie.dufault@leg.wa.gov, mary.dye@leg.wa.gov, debra.entenman@leg.wa.gov, carolyn.eslick@leg.wa.gov, jake.fey@leg.wa.gov, joe.fitzgibbon@leg.wa.gov, noel.frame@leg.wa.gov, greg.gilday@leg.wa.gov, keith.goehner@leg.wa.gov, roger.goodman@leg.wa.gov, jenny.graham@leg.wa.gov, mia.gregerson@leg.wa.gov, dan.griffey@leg.wa.gov, david.hackney@leg.wa.gov, drew.hansen@leg.wa.gov, paul.harris@leg.wa.gov, kirsten.harris-talley@leg.wa.gov, larry.hoff@leg.wa.gov, cyndy.jacobsen@leg.wa.gov, laurie.jinkins@leg.wa.gov, jesse.johnson@leg.wa.gov, steve.kirby@leg.wa.gov, mark.klicker@leg.wa.gov, brad.klippert@leg.wa.gov, shelley.kloba@leg.wa.gov, vicki.kraft@leg.wa.gov, joel.kretz@leg.wa.gov, mari.leavitt@leg.wa.gov, debra.lekanoff@leg.wa.gov, drew.macewen@leg.wa.gov, nicole.macri@leg.wa.gov, jacquelin.maycumber@leg.wa.gov, bob.mccaslin@leg.wa.gov, joel.mcentire@leg.wa.gov, melanie.morgan@leg.wa.gov, gina.mosbrucker@leg.wa.gov, ed.orcutt@leg.wa.gov, timm.ormsby@leg.wa.gov, lillian.ortiz-self@leg.wa.gov, tina.orwall@leg.wa.gov, dave.paul@leg.wa.gov, strom.peterson@leg.wa.gov, gerry.pollet@leg.wa.gov, alex.ramel@leg.wa.gov, bill.ramos@leg.wa.gov, marcus.riccelli@leg.wa.gov, eric.robertson@leg.wa.gov, skyler.rude@leg.wa.gov, alicia.rule@leg.wa.gov, cindy.ryu@leg.wa.gov, sharontomiko.santos@leg.wa.gov, joe.schmick@leg.wa.gov, mike.sells@leg.wa.gov, tana.senn@leg.wa.gov, sharon.shewmake@leg.wa.gov, tarra.simmons@leg.wa.gov, vandana.slatter@leg.wa.gov, larry.springer@leg.wa.gov, mike.steele@leg.wa.gov, drew.stokesbary@leg.wa.gov, monica.stonier@leg.wa.gov, pat.sullivan@leg.wa.gov, robert.sutherland@leg.wa.gov, jamila.taylor@leg.wa.gov, my-linh.thai@leg.wa.gov, steve.tharinger@leg.wa.gov, javier.valdez@leg.wa.gov, brandon.vick@leg.wa.gov, mike.volz@leg.wa.gov, amy.walen@leg.wa.gov, jim.walsh@leg.wa.gov, emily.wicks@leg.wa.gov, jt.wilcox@leg.wa.gov, sharon.wylie@leg.wa.gov, alex.ybarra@leg.wa.gov, jesse.young@leg.wa.gov

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@oldkim
Thanks for parsing those lists out with commas, I didn't realize certain mail clients required that.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’m old…

AOL

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oops

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Braun, Sen. John <John.Braun@leg.wa.gov>
Thu 1/20/2022 2:23 PM
Good afternoon jukk0u,

Thank you for contacting Senator Braun with your concerns about proposed firearm legislation, SB 5078. Every year we see many attempts to reduce our ability to purchase and own firearms, and this bill is no exception. Senator Braun seeks to maintain the right for individuals to own firearms.

As Senator Braun has made clear many times in the past, he has always been a Second Amendment supporter and does not believe we need more laws restricting the right to own guns. Most of the legislation that has been proposed would do little to reduce gun violence. These proposed new laws would only succeed in restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens which is clearly unconstitutional. Since crimes involving firearms are committed by people who are not following existing law, Senator Braun does not believe additional laws are necessary unless it is to affirm the right to keep and bear arms.

Because there are so many firearms bills being proposed again this year, Senator Braun asked us to provide more information about the firearms bills that are moving through the process. We hope this is useful information for you.

Notable hearings for these bills are as follows:

HB 1618

Berg

Prohibiting Weapons at Election-Related Offices and Facilities Subject to Limited Exemptions for Law Enforcement Officers and Security Personnel

Executive Session H Civil R & Judi Jan 21 @ 8:00 am

HB 1630

Senn

Establishing Restrictions on the Possession of Weapons in Certain Locations

HB 1697

Leavitt

Concerning Privacy Rights for Washington Minors

Executive Session H Cons Pro & Bus Jan 19 @ 8:00 am

HB 1705

Berry

Concerning Ghost Guns

HB 1719

Bronoske

Concerning Use and Acquisition of Military Equipment by Law Enforcement Agencies

Executive Session H Public Safety Jan 20 @ 1:30 pm

SB 5217

Kuderer

Concerning Assault Weapons

Executive Session S Law & Justice Jan 27 @ 10:30 am

SB 5407

Wilson, L.

Concerning Firearm Theft

Public Hearing S Law & Justice Jan 17 @ 9:30 am

SB 5561

Dhingra

Concerning the Restoration of the Right to Possess a Firearm

Executive Session S Law & Justice Jan 20 @ 10:30 am

SB 5568

Kuderer

Concerning Preemption of Municipal Laws Restricting the Open Carry of Weapons

Executive Session S Law & Justice Jan 27 @ 10:30 am

Thank you again for your input. Senator Braun agrees with you and will do what he can to help defeat those bills that restrict the lawful possession and use of firearms, and he will support those that affirm the right to keep and bear arms. If you would like to follow the status of the bill, please use the following link:

SB 5078: https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?Bill ... &Year=2021

Please do not hesitate to contact Senator Braun’s office if you have any other comments or concerns.

Regards,

MCKenna Plowman
Legislative Intern
On behalf of Senator John Braun

:thumbsup2:

Office: (360) 786-7613

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Meanwhile, my representative Rick Larsen is a cunt.

FJB

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next