Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 127  Next
 Russia-Ukraine War 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Zelensky may suck, but he is a better leader than most countries have, especially us.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
Zelensky may suck, but he is a better leader than most countries have, especially us.

Buh-buh-but Justin Castreau... Emmanuel Ma-chronophilia.

Yeah, at least, even as corrupt and autocratic as Ze (xi?) is, he's not suffering dementia.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/12/u ... ation.html
Quote:
It is not only the men that are lost. The equipment they used is mostly lost with them. 24,000 men are the equivalent of 6 to 7 NATO brigades. The German army has now only 8 of those. When I was it that army it had 36 brigades plus significant reserve units. The same large downgrade happened with the general state of NATO. It is not ready for a war with Russia.

Quote:
The western wounder weapons have done little for Ukraine. The Russians have update [sic] their air defense systems to now detect and shoot down HIMARS missiles.

Quote:
What these anecdotes show is that NATO is slowly falling apart. NATO is losing the proxy war in Ukraine and it is losing it badly. The people know it and it will have consequences. An increasingly authoritarian EU will follow the same path.

Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:12 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

When does Vlhad release the Expert Terrorist on these folks?

I guess well know when shit starts blowing up on a more regular basis.

Thanks Joey....

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:53 pm

jackass wrote:
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/12/ukraine-sitrep-catastrophic-losses-failing-wonder-weapons-nato-escalation.html
Quote:
It is not only the men that are lost. The equipment they used is mostly lost with them. 24,000 men are the equivalent of 6 to 7 NATO brigades. The German army has now only 8 of those. When I was it that army it had 36 brigades plus significant reserve units. The same large downgrade happened with the general state of NATO. It is not ready for a war with Russia.

Quote:
The western wounder weapons have done little for Ukraine. The Russians have update [sic] their air defense systems to now detect and shoot down HIMARS missiles.

Quote:
What these anecdotes show is that NATO is slowly falling apart. NATO is losing the proxy war in Ukraine and it is losing it badly. The people know it and it will have consequences. An increasingly authoritarian EU will follow the same path.

I think that's over selling an expected static winter front line. We may not see much movement until the frost hardens the ground enough for heavy armor, and may not really see anything much happen until spring.

Claiming it's because one side or the other ran into a "wall of steel" is a stretch. They both ran into General Winter and will be stuck where they are for awhile.

The US has apparently dropped its objection to Ukraine striking into Russia which presumably opens the door to longer range weapons. We wouldn't expect to see them for a couple months.

The Russian mobilization goes beyond men and includes getting a lot of stuff out of long term storage, like artillery shells, it'll be interesting to see if that makes a difference in a few months.

I think the next big push by either side isn't any time soon but both will have an updated posture by spring.

Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:01 pm

Zelensky has been a gallant wartime leader of Ukraine. He was offered sanctuary by NATO, he replied "the fight is in Ukraine and that he needed bullets, not a ride."

Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:57 am

Alpine wrote:
So if the infra is constantly being blown up why are they asking for money, why are we sending tens of billions when we're hurting here at home from massive inflation and a recession? Explain that.

This conflict is really about who will control the future over the entirety of Europe. Ukraine is a proxy war by NATO against Russia. It looks like the Western liberals have won as Russian military power has decayed.

Last edited by Sixgun_Symphony on Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Zelenskyy also shut down media outlets that didn't like him and who criticized him, among other dictatorial actions. Just because a tyrant is fighting another tyrant doesn't make him gallant.

What's next, gushing over how "gallant" Mao was?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:18 am

Alpine wrote:
Zelenskyy also shut down media outlets that didn't like him and who criticized him, among other dictatorial actions. Just because a tyrant is fighting another tyrant doesn't make him gallant.

What's next, gushing over how "gallant" Mao was?

Most leaders would have fled for sanctuary in NATO to become a government in exile. This guy fights.

As for shutting down hostile media, Abraham Lincoln did the same during the Civil War. This is a normal thing for the world, it is silly to pretend that such actions are exclusive to monsters like Mao.

Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

In the case of Lincoln that was in a war with those papers spreading literal enemy propaganda during the fighting as well as also giving away tactical information in mass printouts hoping some of it would get the enemy troops.

Zelenskyy shut down those media outlets as well as did other horrifying things BEFORE the fighting even started, there was no war, no 'invasion.' Stop pretending Zelensksyy is a hero. The only reason he's staying in Ukraine is because he knows if he flees he will lose his power and his money and likely have people track him down to pay him back for all the horrible things he did running that country. That doesn't make him brave, actually it shows he is a coward and is too scared to leave the only place where he is safe in the world.

Also he's closely allied with real neo Nazi groups. Watch that Ukraine on Fire documentary. Russian concerns about de-nazifying Ukraine is a real thing, remember the Russians suffered more than anyone else in the world at the hands of the nazis, they lost 25 million people during WW2. That's 4 times the amount who died in the Holocaust.

If you don't like the Mao comparison then pick any other tin pot Eastern European dictator you like from the last 30 years and it's pretty much same comparison.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:34 am

Alpine wrote:
If you don't like the Mao comparison then pick any other tin pot Eastern European dictator you like from the last 30 years and it's pretty much same comparison.

Like Putin?

BTW, I don't believe Putin gives a shit about Nazis, since he's got a bunch of them fighting for him in Wagner. He's interested in warm water ports, and rebuilding the Russian empire. I don't think he cares what happens to regular people of any ethnicity.

Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:51 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

According to Van Camp and Robbins, Victor Bout is already back at work.

The Today Morning show says The Grinder is back on the court doing dunks.

Boy does the USA look stupid.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

May need to start a Kosovo/Serbia conflict thread soon. Seems while the big boys are distracted, everybody else is taking advantage.

Kosovo forces just wrested control of a big power plant from Serbian Special Forces

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sixgun_Symphony wrote:
Zelensky has been a gallant wartime leader of Ukraine. He was offered sanctuary by NATO, he replied "the fight is in Ukraine and that he needed bullets, not a ride."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

First of all, NATO can’t offer sanctuary, it’s not a country, or location.

Secondly, the quote you’re using was supposedly said to the U.S. when offering to help evacuate him, but that can’t even be verified.

Even the liberal rag Washington Post can’t verify it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... confirmed/

Not to interrupt your blind regurgitation of propaganda, or anything….

Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:05 pm

NWGunner wrote:
Sixgun_Symphony wrote:

Secondly, the quote you’re using was supposedly said to the U.S. when offering to help evacuate him, but that can’t even be verified.

Whether that particular quote can be verified or not, he is leading from the front, often literally showing up on the front lines. I haven't seen Putin at the front.

I don't know what kind of corrupt things he did or didn't do before the war, or whether he was just a comedian, or what. But he's stepped up to the job, whatever the case.

Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1903 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101 ... 127  Next