Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:23 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 1908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 128  Next
 Russia-Ukraine War 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ru ... r-AA13WZI7

Russia abandons Kherson in major military set back

Quote:
Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu ordered his troops to withdraw from the occupied Ukrainian city of Kherson on November 10 in a major military set back.

It's official now...

hkhnm wrote:
I think I understand the Russian "withdrawal" from Kherson. They have no doubt dug in lots of artillery across the river and spent the last few weeks carefully working out the dope to hit any spot in the city accurately. Now they want the Ukrainians to come in.

I guess that's an interesting problem. The Ukrainians can't really hold one bank without dislodging Russia from the other. They need to get their own artillery set up on their side.

They'll probably spend the winter shelling each other across the water.

That. Still, with previous "referendum" and annexation the tone of Russian social media is changing despite strict censorship - a lot of hand ringing about "Are we leaving our lands?" and "what was it all for?" or "perhaps ugly peace is better than ugly war?" showing up along with usual "bomb them all to hell"... Definitely morale problems for Russia seem to be growing significantly.

"Kherson - Forever With Russia" (street billboard in occupied Kherson)

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The West is burying the myth of the "Russian bear"
https://en.topwar.ru/204747-zapad-horon ... dvede.html

Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:30 am

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ukraine/upd ... 91605.html

Sledgehammer execution of Russian mercenary who defected to Ukraine shown in video

Quote:
Prigozhin, a Russian businessman who founded the Wagner private military group, was responding to an unverified video distributed on Telegram that showed a man identified as a former Wagner mercenary being executed after admitting that he had changed sides in September to "fight against the Russians".

In the footage, the man, who gave his name as Yevgenny Nuzhin, 55, was shown with his head taped to a brick wall. He said he was abducted in Kyiv on October 11th and came around in a cellar.

"I got hit over the head and lost consciousness and came around in this cellar," he said. "They told me I was to be tried."

As he said those words, an unidentified man loitering in combat clothing behind Nuzhin, smashed a sledgehammer into the side of his head and neck.

Nuzhin collapsed onto the floor and the unidentified man delivered another blow to his head.

Reuters was unable to immediately verify the video which appeared on the Grey Zone Telegram channel, one of several that Russian media said was linked to the Wagner group. The video was posted under the title "The hammer of revenge".

Asked to comment on the execution video, Prigozhin said in remarks released by his spokeswoman that the video should be called "A dog receives a dog's death"...

Wow. Things went medieval in Russia...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:48 pm

Things have always been medieval in Russia. Torture, quasi judicial executions, assassinations are the norm.

It's why they are losing. None of their military officers are willing to speak truth to their commanders for fear of reprisals.

Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Staged. The moment of head smash is not shown.
SurfPerch wrote:
https://www.breakingnews.ie/ukraine/update-1-sledgehammer-execution-of-russian-mercenary-who-defected-to-ukraine-shown-in-video-1391605.html

Sledgehammer execution of Russian mercenary who defected to Ukraine shown in video

Quote:
Prigozhin, a Russian businessman who founded the Wagner private military group, was responding to an unverified video distributed on Telegram that showed a man identified as a former Wagner mercenary being executed after admitting that he had changed sides in September to "fight against the Russians".

In the footage, the man, who gave his name as Yevgenny Nuzhin, 55, was shown with his head taped to a brick wall. He said he was abducted in Kyiv on October 11th and came around in a cellar.

"I got hit over the head and lost consciousness and came around in this cellar," he said. "They told me I was to be tried."

As he said those words, an unidentified man loitering in combat clothing behind Nuzhin, smashed a sledgehammer into the side of his head and neck.

Nuzhin collapsed onto the floor and the unidentified man delivered another blow to his head.

Reuters was unable to immediately verify the video which appeared on the Grey Zone Telegram channel, one of several that Russian media said was linked to the Wagner group. The video was posted under the title "The hammer of revenge".

Asked to comment on the execution video, Prigozhin said in remarks released by his spokeswoman that the video should be called "A dog receives a dog's death"...

Wow. Things went medieval in Russia...

Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:07 pm

surevaliance wrote:
Staged. The moment of head smash is not shown.

Haven't seen and wasn't looking for the video. (Some things cannot be unseen)
The video showed up on Wagner channel and Wagner owner welcomed it when asked by the press. The person allegedly murdered is a real Wagner mercenary filmed several months earlier in Ukrainian prison. So if even somehow the video is staged (edit of the video isn't proof of that either) the goals of it showing up on Wagner channel are definitely medieval...

The sledgehammer is actually somewhat of Wagner's lore from Syria :

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ary-wagner
Man who filmed beheading of Syrian identified as Russian mercenary

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mpany.html

Russian Wagner mercenaries are exposed for filming horrifying video of Syrian prisoner being beaten with sledgehammers and beheaded

Quote:
...A man who filmed the torture and beheading of a Syrian prisoner is identified as member of Russian private military company Wagner with ties to the Kremlin.

The footage is thought to have been filmed in an oil field west of Palmyra, Syria, in 2017.

A snippet of the video first emerged at the time of the incident but the full version that shows the extent of the torture was only released last week.

In the clip, a man can be seen laying on the ground and is surrounded by a small group of four men all dressed in camouflage.

The group break the victim's legs with a sledgehammer before crushing his chest, beheading him and cutting off his lower arms.

They then hang his corpse by his legs and set the body on fire.

The victim was identified as Mohammed Taha Ismail al-Abdullah, a Syrian national, who was accused of deserting from a unit that was loyal to the country's president.

Russian media outlets have since claimed to have successfully used facial recognition software to identify one of the soldiers involved.

The Kremlin's press secretary said: 'We have no information and no relationship to these people.' Pictured: Russian President Vladimir Putin

The Novaya Gazeta newspaper say that one of the men, named as Stanislav D, was known to have been employed in Wagner units - a Russian private military company - in Syria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd_hWKyuFQ

Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:21 am

Hmmmmm..... isn't this strange...?...?...?

Coincidence? Zelensky Calls for Peace Just Days After FTX Is Caught Funneling Millions of Ukrainian Aide Dollars to US Democrats

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/1 ... democrats/

I'm betting there will be a whole lot more coming out of the FTX collapse.... Do you think the deep state is panicking yet?

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone read 'Red Storm Rising' by Tom Clancy?

BRICS rising, anyone?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:54 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ru ... r-AA149mQa
Russian Missiles Reportedly Hit Poland Amid Ukraine War

Quote:
KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russia pounded Ukraine’s energy facilities Tuesday with its biggest barrage of missiles yet, striking targets across the country and causing widespread blackouts. A senior U.S. intelligence official said missiles crossed into NATO member Poland, where two people were killed.

A second person confirmed to The Associated Press that apparent Russian missiles struck a site in Poland about 15 miles from the Ukrainian border.

The Russian Defense Ministry denied being behind “any strikes on targets near the Ukrainian-Polish border” and said in a statement that photos of purported damage “have nothing to do” with Russian weapons.

A NATO official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the alliance was looking into reports of a strike in Poland. The U.S. National Security Council said it was also looking into the reports.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ru ... r-AA1495vF
Russian missiles cross into NATO member Poland, kill 2: senior US intelligence official

Quote:
“We are aware of the press reports alleging that two Russian missiles have struck a location inside Poland on the Ukraine border,” Air Force Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder, the Pentagon’s press secretary, told reporters on Tuesday. “I can tell you that we don’t have any information at this time to corroborate these reports and are looking into this further.”

Oops. They didn't mean it... Just crappy missiles.... NATO is safe - nothing to see here.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:41 pm

So..... are we to believe that Poland AND NATO are willing to go to war with Russia over TWO dead Polish people?

This just popped up after I posted....

NATO could invoke Article 4 after Russian missiles struck Poland.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/na ... 95b70d9c7c

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:15 pm

Speculation that it may have been a Ukrainian air defense missile that fell into Poland.

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1592629251161075712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1592629251161075712%7Ctwgr%5Ed8bc4820c6290a3ebd246c50ed81be9d0d587c5c%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2Fmarkets%2Ffutures-tumble-after-report-stray-rockets-hit-polish-town-near-ukraine-killing-two

Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wherever you fall on this missile strike, I have a feeling it’s going to be tough to believe anything that’s coming out of the news now.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:11 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

NotAMerc wrote:
Wherever you fall on this missile strike, I have a feeling it’s going to be tough to believe anything that’s coming out of the news now.

Someone needs to tell Biden he needs to stay on script. I bet the WH will issue a correction that this isn't what he meant to say.,...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:02 pm
Profile WWW

But wait there's more :

Quote:
Biden spoke after he convened an “emergency” meeting of the Group of Seven and NATO leaders in Indonesia Wednesday morning for consultations on the explosion that killed two people in the eastern part of Poland near the Ukraine border.

“There is preliminary information that contests that,” Biden told reporters when asked if the missile had been fired from Russia. “It is unlikely in the lines of the trajectory that it was fired from Russia, but we’ll see.”

O-oh, "the lines of the trajectory"... To Poland. Like : from East to West? Or - Air to ground?... One gotta know one's "lines of the trajectory". Thanks Lord - we have the smartest President of all who knows them "lines of the trajectory". Amen to that.

Quote:
Following Biden’s statement Tuesday, a NATO military official told CNN the missile had been tracked by an alliance aircraft flying above Polish airspace at the time of the blast.

“Intel with the radar tracks [of the missile] was provided to NATO and Poland,” the NATO military official added. The NATO official did not say who launched the missile, or where it was fired from.

Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:27 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Funny how fast it went from Russia attacked Poland, to Ukraine fired missiles that killed 2 in Poland, but its still Russia's fault.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/uk ... 022-11-15/

Quote:
Escalation fears ease after NATO, Warsaw say missile that hit Poland was Ukrainian stray

WARSAW/BRUSSELS/NUSA DUA, Indonesia, Nov 16 (Reuters) - A missile that hit Poland was probably a stray fired by Ukraine's air defences and not a Russian strike, Poland and NATO said on Wednesday, easing global concern that the war in Ukraine could spill across the border.

Nevertheless, NATO's chief said that Moscow, not Kyiv was ultimately to blame, for starting the war in the first place and launching the attack that triggered Ukraine's defences.

"This is not Ukraine's fault. Russia bears ultimate responsibility as it continues its illegal war against Ukraine," NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg told reporters in Brussels.

Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1908 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96 ... 128  Next