Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:52 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 The: Gas / Fuel / Diesel / Petrol thread 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

87 octane south of the Mason-Dixon line always seems to be of better quality. I can make it from St. Augustine, FL to almost 50 miles north of the VA line in one shot. From there I can make it all the way back with a fresh tank of gas for an overall average MPG of 42 in my 2013 Kia Optima LX, while driving between 65 and 70mph. 87 octane around here usually gets me about 32MPG on these shitty freeways. I average between 19 and 24MPG on the surface streets. It absolutely sucks! Diesel is currently going for almost $7 a gallon in PA. Regular unleaded is about to break $5 a gallon. I'm lucky I live within 3 miles of where I work. I can make a tank of gas go for a month if I don't go anywhere else.

Fri May 20, 2022 2:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just checked GasBuddy and was (kinda) shocked that you people in the Puget Sound area hit the $5+ mark. That's fucked up!

Fri May 20, 2022 4:41 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still debating if I should fill the big truck up or not. The 100 gallon tank is down to 1/8 full

Best price on diesel around here is $4.85 with my fuel card. Most places are low $5. Probably wishful thinking that there will be a dip in price

Fri May 20, 2022 5:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Still debating if I should fill the big truck up or not. The 100 gallon tank is down to 1/8 full

Best price on diesel around here is $4.85 with my fuel card. Most places are low $5. Probably wishful thinking that there will be a dip in price

We just had an increase YESTERDAY, 5/19. The fucks couldn't even wait until next week, which is right before a three day holiday. :cussing:

Fri May 20, 2022 5:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bought fuel last night,87 regular and paid the highest price of my 32 years of life, 4.99. and I have a sick feeling it's the last time I'll see under 5 for a long long time. You know the day I got my license I payed 1.99$? And never saw it that low again.
Guess I better get this next gasifier up and running asap, going to need it

Fri May 20, 2022 5:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe it's worth repeating at the top of a thread page: JP Morgan sees gas going to SIX bucks per gallon by August.
And that's just gas. Fill that tank Scott.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri May 20, 2022 6:05 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are about to enter the holiday week / weekend. Expect prices to jump again as they usually do here by mid week.

Fri May 20, 2022 6:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

Fill it.

If something happens, you can't drive it even if you fill it with $100 bills.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri May 20, 2022 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FJB

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri May 20, 2022 10:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri May 20, 2022 10:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FJB Straight to hell

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri May 20, 2022 10:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How many of you guys are posting stickers on pumps? I've been posting "i did that" for 6 months, and many times i find remnants of 2-3 other stickers too.

Fri May 20, 2022 10:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heard on the news yesterday that 76 was updating their pumps in WA state to be able to handle double digit per gallon pricing.

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Fri May 20, 2022 12:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gman wrote:
Heard on the news yesterday that 76 was updating their pumps in WA state to be able to handle double digit per gallon pricing.

That story was just debunked.
The 76 station in Auburn has "fixed" their pumps in order to charge more for... RACING FUEL
https://www.king5.com/article/money/auburn-gas-station-10-dollar-fuel-prices/281-fb2e04e6-1501-4a8c-8ef2-e6553cd0a08f?fbclid=IwAR170snjccqKYV4q8WdtAmckoInG_bHh2cd-QZcylXrLbUnRaAxseIQq2Ug

Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Gman wrote:

That story was just debunked.
The 76 station in Auburn has "fixed" their pumps in order to charge more for... RACING ASSAULT FUEL
https://www.king5.com/article/money/auburn-gas-station-10-dollar-fuel-prices/281-fb2e04e6-1501-4a8c-8ef2-e6553cd0a08f?fbclid=IwAR170snjccqKYV4q8WdtAmckoInG_bHh2cd-QZcylXrLbUnRaAxseIQq2Ug

FIFY

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri May 20, 2022 2:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next