Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 China-Taiwan war (upcoming?) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Honestly, I would be more surprised if this doesn't happen.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... us-forces/

Quote:
The main military objectives are to “smash Taiwan independence” and to ensure victory in “a decisive battle in the South China Sea.”

“It is necessary to coordinate the two directions of the Taiwan Strait and the South China Sea, the two areas of maritime and land protection, the two traditional and new forces, the two kinds of resources in the province and overseas, and the focus on cohesive resources to ensure the direction of the Taiwan Strait.

Guangdong Province alone has been ordered to mobilize massive resources for an invasion of Taiwan.

Mon May 16, 2022 3:33 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Interesting timing...

Quote:
War Game: What would a battle for Taiwan look like?
Sun, May 15, 2022, 5:50 AM

In our season finale of Meet the Press Reports, we put together remarkable war games simulation of how the U.S might react if China invaded Taiwan. The national security think tank, Center for a New American Security, convened two teams and developed a hypothetical scenario in the year 2027.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/war-game-batt ... 26323.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYfvm-JLhPQ

Mon May 16, 2022 3:41 pm
Profile WWW

Wasn't/isn't there supposed to be a summer Olympics? I was guessing it wouldn't happen until after them.... Did they cancel them since the winter games were such a dud and mess due to the coof?

My bet is Xi will move as soon as Vlad gets nearer to some kind of resolution with Ukraine....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Mon May 16, 2022 3:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

China has the power to blockade Taiwan (with the U.S. too scared to get involved) but it's still very doubtful they can invade and take the island...conventionally.

Mon May 16, 2022 4:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some speculate the real prize is the mainland US, and if taken, the ancillary countries, i.e. Taiwan, Japan, Korea, Philippines would quickly acquiesce.

https://jrnyquist.blog/2019/09/11/the-s ... i-haotian/

First, if the United States is firm in blocking us, it is hard for us to do anything significant to Taiwan, Vietnam, India, or even Japan, [so] how much more living space can we get?

Second, after solving the “issue of America,” the western countries of Europe would bow to us, not to mention Taiwan, Japan and other small countries.
Means focus on taking America first before Taiwan.

Thus we will understand why we constantly talk loudly about the “Taiwan issue” but not the “American issue.” We all know the principle of “doing one thing under the cover of another.”
Having its enemies focus on Taiwan and not the ultimate prize, America.

Only by using non-destructive weapons that can kill many people will we be able to reserve America for ourselves. Another thread, easier to soft kill Americans slowly.

Mon May 16, 2022 4:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I Think they are well overdue for invasion. From 2008--2016 they had a big window and since Jan 2021 the window has been re-opened. IMHO....It will be done before 2024.

Mon May 16, 2022 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've kinda wondered about this myself... It is perfect timing with the massive lockdowns, they can move men and gear around all willy-nilly without citizens or foreigners seeing it.

I'm kinda wondering about the japanese and philippine reply to an invasion

Mon May 16, 2022 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

olydemon wrote:
Interesting timing...

Quote:

In our season finale of Meet the Press Reports, we put together remarkable war games simulation of how the U.S might react if China invaded Taiwan. The national security think tank, Center for a New American Security, convened two teams and developed a hypothetical scenario in the year 2027.

You actually taking NBCs "meet the press" seriously on this?

Mon May 16, 2022 6:17 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

A Duck pooping on an escalator will be more action..................

And

With Joe doingh his weekly word salad doesnt help much.

The fuck he say today???

"America can be summed up in one word

then the freak goes off on how he n Xi Ping and him drove 17.0000 miles, Alps, and some other silly shit."

He needs to stuff a cork in it or we are so fucked...

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon May 16, 2022 6:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I suspect the reason we haven't seen an even more aggressive stance and action is due to the quagmire Russia got itself into. China was expecting and probably had been told it would be nice and short and while everyone was wringing their hands China could swoop in and try for a snatch and grad.

The problem is the US has 60K troops in Taiwan, 2 full carrier groups in the south China sea, AND way to many cargo ships stuck in port due to the shutdowns.
It very well could be the COVID stuff that has slowed them down as well.
Also, while China likes to put forth its military might, and yes they do have a mighty large army and ground forces, they are still far behind the US in naval might. They have been trying and they have been growing their fleet. But can they afford to lose most of it?

Another factor here is China for way too many years had that stupid 1 child policy and it is coming back to them in spades now. There is no younger structure able to support the increasing aged population. Even though they reversed course several years ago most of the babies are still young.

I suspect China to make some kind of play. Question will be when.

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Mon May 16, 2022 7:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

bubblewhip wrote:
olydemon wrote:
Interesting timing...

Quote:

You actually taking NBCs "meet the press" seriously on this?

Myself? Not one bit... But the NPC's that watch that channel probably do. I posted it more as a point that the MSM is pumping up the war narrative more an more....

Mon May 16, 2022 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You know what's ironic is the doomsday clock is even woke now. It lists Jan 6th as more of a threat than nukes. The world is going to hell in every aspect and yes I do believe that sometime soon China will invade if the world doesn't nuke itself first. As disgusted as I am with everything, I don't know anymore if WW3 is even scary. Humans need a big war, the filth needs to be wiped clean and the reset button needs pushed in the favor of what's right and logical. Morals and goodness. The founding fathers said the same thing about cleansing the liberty tree long ago.

Do not listen to me, I often have the mentality of queen Boudica. I would show none of our enemies much mercy. It's quite obvious that they wouldn't show us any. An eye for an eye and all of that.

Tue May 17, 2022 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Right now, China is taking notes on everything Russia has done wrong and Ukraine has done right. There's a reason Chinese "media" is embedded with Russian units in Ukraine. If anything, the Ukraine conflict will probably delay an invasion of Tawain while China goes on a blitz of fixing issues initially seen during the Ukraine invasion.

Tue May 17, 2022 3:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotAMerc wrote:
Right now, China is taking notes on everything Russia has done wrong and Ukraine has done right. There's a reason Chinese "media" is embedded with Russian units in Ukraine. If anything, the Ukraine conflict will probably delay an invasion of Tawain while China goes on a blitz of fixing issues initially seen during the Ukraine invasion.

Probably the same issues...entire Army/larger units get X yuan, general and his friends siphon off most of it into their own offshore accounts and other money shelters, and the units are "paper tigers" as seen in full glory in Ukraine.

Even when I first got exposed to all of this back in the 1990s as a young Marine, I was like, "So the Russians have a handful of 'real' divisions and 50+ 'reserve' ones full of barely paid conscripts with outdated equipment that doesn't actually work? And why are we scared of these pricks? Anyone?"

Tue May 17, 2022 4:24 pm

I'm in the Navy, assigned to a destroyer. My primary role is an AIC (Air controller for Air to Air engagements). I've done many months of training with Top Gun pilots out in Fallon and Lemoore. If I ever told you what the Chinese were doing near both of those airbases, especially during our mock air to air battles, you would be shocked, and then probably pissed......our government let's it happen. Think ELINT.......

Wed May 18, 2022 6:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next