Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 EV Mustang 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Atakawow wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Was your wife driving it today with a dirty looking floor mop dog in her lap hanging out the driver's window? :popcorn:

Don't think your vehicle was fast enough to be getting a side view
:)

:ROFLMAO: If it's not the GT upgrade my Truck has more horsepower than that "Mustang". Ford really screwed the pooch (not your dog) calling that a "Mustang"

So....you bought it from a BMW dealership? Was it used? :popcorn:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri May 20, 2022 11:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Which trim level is that and how’s the efficiency (wh/mi)? You have a level 2 at home?

Sat May 21, 2022 5:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Which trim level is that and how’s the efficiency (wh/mi)? You have a level 2 at home?

Premium with extended battery. I commute between Covington/Redmond during rush hours and average about 3.5 miles per KW.

I do have a level 2 at home - it charges at about 9.3 KW per hour.

Sat May 21, 2022 8:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How do EV owners deal with a lack of charging stations in some areas? For instance, i went to Portland last weekend and stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown and i didn't see any stations there.
How would you charge to get home in a case like that? Or maybe somewhere more rural? Honest questions, i am not educated on the subject.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sat May 21, 2022 9:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Atakawow wrote:
usrifle wrote:
Was your wife driving it today with a dirty looking floor mop dog in her lap hanging out the driver's window? :popcorn:

Don't think your vehicle was fast enough to be getting a side view
:)

:ROFLMAO: If it's not the GT upgrade my Truck has more horsepower than that "Mustang". Ford really screwed the pooch (not your dog) calling that a "Mustang"

So....you bought it from a BMW dealership? Was it used? :popcorn:

Regardless of how people view the label "Mustang", the sales and demands for the Mach-E would suggest Ford struck gold.

HP is nice and your top speed may peak out higher than the Mach-E in a straight, clear drag race. Now, in city/highway conditions? Good luck matching up with the EVs instant torque - Even my lowly Premium goes 0-60 in about 4.5 seconds.

Yeah, used :( couldn't find a new one and Ford halts preorder due to high demands.

Sat May 21, 2022 9:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
How do EV owners deal with a lack of charging stations in some areas? For instance, i went to Portland last weekend and stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown and i didn't see any stations there.
How would you charge to get home in a case like that? Or maybe somewhere more rural? Honest questions, i am not educated on the subject.

Trip planning, my friend. The "lack of charging stations" argument is overstated - most EVs will have built in navigation that plans your route/Charging stations.

Case in point, my on-screen Navigation is often plotted with charging stations - these are things you don't pay attention to until you actually use them. One caveat is that, although there are many stations, I only plan my trips around "fast charging" ones.

To b

Sat May 21, 2022 9:26 am

usrifle wrote:
For instance, i went to Portland last weekend and stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown and i didn't see any stations there.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency near the Moda Center a month ago and their garage had probably a dozen charging station scatter throughout.

Sat May 21, 2022 2:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:

There is no lack of charging anywhere metro. Portland you say? plenty!
Attachment:
Screenshot 2022-05-21 155307.jpg

As Atakawow said, all it takes is a little planning. I try and pick hotels that are near or have EV charging as an amenity. Once you get over range anxiety, it's actually a pretty cool experience.

Atakawow wrote:
I commute between Covington/Redmond during rush hours and average about 3.5 miles per KW.

That's pretty good if you are on the highway a lot! My Tesla Model X averages around 350kw/mi, so 2.8ish mi/kw. All depends on how I drive though (as you know).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 21, 2022 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Regardless of whether it's a true Mustang or not, I think that's a nice-looking car.

My sister-in-law has one on order and should get it in a couple of months . . . will be interesting to hear her feedback.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat May 21, 2022 8:22 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

MadPick wrote:
Regardless of whether it's a true Mustang or not, I think that's a nice-looking car.

My sister-in-law has one on order and should get it in a couple of months . . . will be interesting to hear her feedback.

You shuda picked up one of the Hi-points i had for sale... :bigsmile:

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu May 26, 2022 2:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Stopped by our vehicle manufacturing place in Mineral Wells over the weekend. They've got a handful of mustangs installing the light pkgs, sirens etc. Units look pretty damned cool to be honest.
I lost a support vehicle a week ago to a collision, lost a primary support truck this Tues. I didn't request any EV replacement as we don't have the infrastructure and neither of us have taken up Ford's training either, definitely a good time to start now so the next idiot crash we're ready.

Thu May 26, 2022 4:32 pm

usrifle wrote:

Simple. You find a front yard that has an outlet, drive your EV across the lawn and rip up the grass, plug in and charge up at their expense. And when the home owner ask you what you're doing, tell them you're saving the world so suck it up. Just like this guy: https://news.yahoo.com/florida-man-park ... 00554.html

Thu May 26, 2022 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
MadPick wrote:

You shuda picked up one of the Hi-points i had for sale... :bigsmile:

Cold, but true.

Thu May 26, 2022 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3