Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:03 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 They grow up too damn fast.... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I want them little again but at least I taught and trained them right. Some moms know how to do it themselves.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 19, 2022 7:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So much winning in this post.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Thu May 19, 2022 7:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mash man wrote:

Someone is probably going to send guys in cheap suits to my door for what they see as child abuse in these photos. :ROFLMAO: :thumbsdown:

Thu May 19, 2022 7:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cool! I started shooting before I was double-digits.

My eldest daughter turns 30 next week! Oh my!!

Peace

Thu May 19, 2022 7:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:
mash man wrote:

Someone is probably going to send guys in cheap suits to my door for what they see as child abuse in these photos. :ROFLMAO: :thumbsdown:

I could totally see that happening lol

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Thu May 19, 2022 7:25 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's awesome to share this hobby/passion/lifestyle with our little ones. I love looking back at my pics and seeing my (now 15 year old), loading PMAGS when he was 3, or the photo of him just a month ago blasting away with the 12ga and Mosin.

Warms my damn heart!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Absolutely. This picture was taken 14 years ago this week. Fast forward to now, time has flown by so damn fast. My Daughter started out with a chipmunk single shot .17hmr, then on to a Ruger 10/22, now has a pink AR.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 19, 2022 7:58 am

I started my niece and nephew at three. They got their own firearms from me at age ten. My oldest Great nephew got his first revolver at ten so he can take responsibility for keeping his younger siblings safe especially when running around up at the family cabin.

Thu May 19, 2022 8:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

yup she's a lefty.

Thu May 19, 2022 8:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My youngest is 32. He's been working with me since he was 9 started doing odd jobs at my place of business and me paying him out of my pocket or him keeping scrap metal monies while cleaning parts, cutting up metal scrap and the kind of things that are really hard to screw up for a kid.
Now, his toolbox is next to mine and everyday I think it's pretty damned cool to have had him literally grow up by my side, then he does something that makes me math out my age and prison time.
Couple in the coming back to live with us twice over the past few years, I've been adding years to prison ratio more often..

But if you ever get the chance to work with your adult kids, do it.
It really is a decent gig, and while the dumbass can't comprehend it yet, he'll be eventually look back and remember the times. I not only enjoy it, I wish I'd been able to work with mine as an adult.

Thu May 19, 2022 8:50 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An awesome job of raising children and a show of Patriotism Mina!!! :thumbsup2:

We raised our two, a boy and girl the same. 4 years old, one at a time I had them stand in front of me touching my hands holding a .32 while I shot and exploded a grapefruit, I told them both that’s what can happen to your sibling or friends if you play with guns until you are taught safety.
They are 37 & 38 now and with my help they are raising my grandkids the same way, warms my heart to say the least.
Continue on.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu May 19, 2022 9:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most excellent! Love to see 'em starting young and learning right!

My youngest is the busiest shooter out of my kids. He started pretty young and got his first rifle at 8.

This is an old group shoot we went to back in the day:

and our first hunting trip:

and finally (most recently), from our day at this year's New Year's Day Shoot:

Every time we go out shooting, he surprises me how good his safety and etiquette is. I even have him reminding me of important stuff from time to time. haha.
You should consider bringing yours to our next New Year's Day Shoot. LOTS of fun.

Thu May 19, 2022 9:47 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Barfly wrote:
Most excellent! Love to see 'em starting young and learning right!

My youngest is the busiest shooter out of my kids. He started pretty young and got his first rifle at 8.

This is an old group shoot we went to back in the day:

and our first hunting trip:

and finally (most recently), from our day at this year's New Year's Day Shoot:

Every time we go out shooting, he surprises me how good his safety and etiquette is. I even have him reminding me of important stuff from time to time. haha.
You should consider bringing yours to our next New Year's Day Shoot. LOTS of fun.

I am jealous of that m249. I am not that rich.

Great pics everyone! We must do everything we can to pass it on. I always laugh when lefties tell us that we are all going to die off. If that was the case then all of these Gen Z kids we are raising would not be out shooting and enjoying freedom. :thumbsup2:

Thu May 19, 2022 10:00 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:
I am jealous of that m249. I am not that rich.

Haha, me neither. It's not mine, just another very generous member who brought it to the group shoot. There is just something about belt-fed full auto that makes you smile! haha.

Thu May 19, 2022 10:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ginger spawn...

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu May 19, 2022 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next