Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:09 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 WDFW looking for people to sit on Wolf Advisory Group 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Even if you're not a hunter, you may want to consider this. This group helps decide what happens to the non-native invasive arctic Canadian gray wolves that were imported here back in 1995 and are wrecking havoc across the state. Inslee and WDFW lies and pretends they migrated here naturally, but in reality the feds (with the Canadians' help) captured them in the far frozen north of Canada and then released them right across the WA state line in Idaho and pointed them towards WA. Imagine the police releasing a burglar on the sidewalk outside your home so they could technically claim they didn't actually release them ON your property.
Here is the Associated Press (reprinted by Spokesman Review) article from 1995 proving they were imported and they didn't "naturally migrate," and all because Chelsea Clinton thought they were cute.
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/ ... -canadian/

These things are giant killing machines, land sharks. I used to live in Alaska so I know the difference between arctic grays and lower 48 timber wolves. The difference in temperament is also staggering, like a lab puppy vs a k-9 police dog. Because up in the arctic they are used to having to run sometimes hundreds of miles in between meals, their instinct is to kill almost anything they find or else they starve. When the feds imported them down here they went crazy wiping out entire elk herds and massacring deer and cattle leaving most to rot. The wolf pimps and defenders euphemistically refer to this as "surplus killing." I shit you not, go google that crap.

Now they are finding them over the Snoqualmie pass near North Bend. It won't be long before they are going after pets near Issaquah and down by Tacoma.
https://www.q13fox.com/news/first-docum ... north-bend

Don't wait for that. Get on the board and advocate any action to eradicate these invasive vermin. The WAG gets consulted when wolves attack cattle or pets or cause major game herd depopulation and the WAG's recommendations can mean the difference between doing nothing and approving lethal removal.

Here's the link to apply to sit on the Board.
https://wdfw.wa.gov/about/advisory/wag

Keep in mind if you don't volunteer to sit on the board some wolf-pimps and wolf lovers will.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu May 19, 2022 10:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Until a few snowflakes kids get eaten, they won’t put the likes of us on a wolf board.

Thu May 19, 2022 10:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They may not know who you are or anything about you, may as well try.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu May 19, 2022 10:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am a wolf lover. Here in the Wenatchee area, it was thought wolves were extinct for I think a century or more? Then some WDFW cameras picked up a whole pack of them with babies minding their own business about ten years ago IIRC.

It wasn't long before ranchers in the area started some bullshit panic and called for them to be wiped out. That really pissed me off. I think I will stay out of this one. I don't know what they do where you are so that's not for me to say but here they were not bothering a soul locally. I say relocate them if they are causing a problem. They have a place in the world. I used to hunt but not anymore. Not after a very spiritual encounter after shooting my last whitetail. I am not against hunting, I do eat wild game but I am retired from doing it myself unless I was starving to death. Not hijacking your post or jumping on you. Just this kind of thing locally really made me see red because they wanted to liquidate them for nothing.

We have to remember just how much of a cancer humans are becoming in the world. Especially when we tear down all of the wildlands to build more stinking ugly track housing and other crap. At this rate, there will be nothing left. We are way too overpopulated and it's just getting worse. Killing wolves, bears, and mountain lions just because we have encroached upon them and it's become a problem is not the right solution. We are the ones that need to back up.

Kill me too. I'd rather cross the rainbow bridge and be where all of the animals are in their afterlife, someday I will be. F humans and their BS.

Last edited by WitchyWoman on Fri May 20, 2022 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 19, 2022 10:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've had a chance to have a long chat with a UW Scientist who's only job is to track wolves in the Cascades and western Washington.
It's a lost shit show with the state biologist at the stump with the folks that don't mind having wolves kill indiscriminately for sport because they are a big and pretty majestic "dog".
When they were introduced, the stupid dumb ass sumbitches evidently had no clue they'd breed and the offspring would move to another area, and so on and so on.
Now, they've managed to fill the state with non-collared wolves, outside of terrain where they were able to count or locate via rotary wing, and don't have a clue what to do now.
I'd say trap and dump the wolves in cities and towns that the folks that were the proponents who wanted to dump them in the wilderness and away from them, let them deal with eating their pets and anything else they can take down.

Thu May 19, 2022 11:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:
I am a wolf lover. Here in the Wenatchee area, it was thought wolves were extinct for I think a century or more? Then some WDFW cameras picked up a whole pack of them with babies minding their own business about ten years ago IIRC.

It wasn't long before ranchers in the area started some bullshit panic and called for them to be wiped out. That really pissed me off. If I saw someone shoot one Id probably shoot at them in return. It just really boils the blood for me. I think I will stay out of this one. I don't know what they do where you are so that's not for me to say but here they were not bothering a soul locally. I say relocate them if they are causing a problem. They have a place in the world. I used to hunt but not anymore. Not after a very spiritual encounter after shooting my last whitetail. I am not against hunting, I do eat wild game but I am retired from doing it myself unless I was starving to death. Not hijacking your post or jumping on you. Just this kind of thing locally really made me see red because they wanted to liquidate them for nothing.

We have to remember just how much of a cancer humans are becoming in the world. Especially when we tear down all of the wild lands to build more stinking ugly track housing and other crap. At this rate there will be nothing left. We are way too overpopulated and its just getting worse. Killing wolves, bears, and mountain lions just because we have encroached upon them and it's become a problem is not the right solution. We are the ones that need to back up.

Kill me too. I'd rather cross the rainbow bridge and be where all of the animals are in their afterlife, some day I will be. F humans and their BS.

They were relocated already, away from their natural habitat to be here where they don't belong. Do you think polar bears should be shipped to Hawai'i and turned loose? Read the Spokesman Review link I posted from 1995 to see proof. These type of wolves don't belong in the lower 48, otherwise the feds wouldn't have had to trap them and bring them here from the far north of Canada...

No personal offense intended but I am tired of the misanthropic "humans are the problem" attitude. WA law allows people to off themselves if they don't want to live anymore and have legitimate mental or physical illnesses that are deemed heavily debilitating. Personally I consider extreme misanthropy to be one of those. We need species loyalty, anyone who doesn't want to live because they hate humans should consider all legal actions available to them in Washington. Of course before acting I recommend consulting a doctor and the relevant law enforcement necessary for such an action and follow all related laws.

Also, it's illegal to shoot people who are shooting at wolves. That's called murder. Do it and you should spend the rest of your life in jail since Inslee won't let us use the death penalty.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by Alpine on Thu May 19, 2022 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 19, 2022 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

well, I will just say it. humans are cancer, it's a fact. We keep deer herds controlled. We keep most game populations controlled because they can eat too much and diseases start which is a fact. We do nothing to cull fucking humans. Am I promoting genocide here? Hell no but something does need to be done. Humans need to close their damn legs or have it done for them. And no I am not pro-abortion, I am pro-life. But something needs to be done because a LOT of places I used to live near were wild land and many of those places are now urban shitholes because humans can't stop multiplying and the answer is always to buy up more land, tear up the land, kick the wildlife out, and build more projects.

I am reminded of so many sci-fi movies where the forests and animals can only be seen in wax museums and zoos. Someday it will be like that if we actually make it that far or don't find some other solution than the current one.

Thu May 19, 2022 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They were reintroduced to Yellowstone in 1995, and not to Washington State.

Divided we fall.

Thu May 19, 2022 11:33 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Also, it's illegal to shoot people who are shooting at wolves. That's called murder. Do it and you should spend the rest of your life in jail since Inslee won't let us use the death penalty.

Pew Pew Pew.... wahhhhh :thumbsdown: I can think of many dog lovers who would want to react in the same way. We will agree on this whole topic to disagree.

Thu May 19, 2022 11:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, suffice to say you dont know the difference between a "Timber" Wolf and an "Arctic" Wolf. A Timber is actually the Eastern subspecies of the Gray Wolf(Canis Lupus). Arctics are also a sub species, while range in Alaska, arent even the biggest wolf around as you say.
I love wolves. Have studied them my entire life. Are these native NW Wolves, no they are not. Are they creating issues and completely mismanaged? Absolutely. I'm an avid hunter, fisherman and general outdoorsman. I have seen wolves in Washington and Idaho. They are here, they are real. However, I believe they should be treated like any other wild resource and managed. There is no reason we can't control range and population by hunting, trapping or relocation.
Spreading misinformation about wolves is part of the problem. Farmers have a right to defend their livestock. As they should. As far as killing them all, that has never worked in our favor. Unfortunately, its bear impossible to bring back the native NW Wolf that historically ranged here. We got what they gave us.
Proper education and management can let the wolves thrive, along with their prey and humans as well.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu May 19, 2022 11:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
As they should. As far as killing them all, that has never worked in our favor. Unfortunately, its bear impossible to bring back the native NW Wolf that historically ranged here. We got what they gave us.
Proper education and management can let the wolves thrive, along with their prey and humans as well.

And that's what I worry about. There are many places in this country where they were once common and are now extinct because of scary bedtime stories and liquidation.I was really happy to see a population discovered locally that was harming no one and they were nowhere near a farm or ranch where livestock were in danger but calls for eradication flew about and stories of worry about them spreading out have continued. I cannot see them threatening a damn cherry or apple orchard...ffs.

Thu May 19, 2022 11:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WitchyWoman wrote:
KeystoneCowboy wrote:
As they should. As far as killing them all, that has never worked in our favor. Unfortunately, its bear impossible to bring back the native NW Wolf that historically ranged here. We got what they gave us.

And that's what I worry about. There are many places in this country where they were once common and are now extinct because of scary bedtime stories and liquidation.I was really happy to see a population discovered locally that was harming no one and they were nowhere near a farm or ranch where livestock were in danger but calls for eradication flew about and stories of worry about them spreading out have continued. I cannot see them threatening a damn cherry or apple orchard...ffs.

Wolves are super territorial. So if they are allowed to range far enough, they can lock down a large area. Meaning they very well could easily range into human habitable areas without competition from other packs.
I dont want to see them spread out of control and continue to affect the game population. Also, I dont want the wolves eradicated either. Hunting/trapping before the population gets out of hand is needed to manage the population.

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Thu May 19, 2022 12:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OhShoot! wrote:
They were reintroduced to Yellowstone in 1995, and not to Washington State.

This is deceitful. They were released just a short distance from the WA state line in Idaho in order to let wolf pimps spread propaganda that technically they weren't released in WA.
If you read the link I posted you'd have seen this:
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/ ... -canadian/
Quote:
Canadian wolves trapped by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will be released in both Yellowstone National Park and central Idaho on Thursday, federal officials announced Tuesday.

Sharon Rose, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, said seven wolves will be released in Idaho’s Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness, while Yellowstone spokeswoman Marsha Karle said at least six of the predators would be put in pens in Yellowstone’s Lamar Valley.

For those who can't use maps there's less than 50 miles from that to the Washington state line.

Quote:

Quote:

Thu May 19, 2022 12:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KeystoneCowboy wrote:
Well, suffice to say you dont know the difference between a "Timber" Wolf and an "Arctic" Wolf. A Timber is actually the Eastern subspecies of the Gray Wolf(Canis Lupus). Arctics are also a sub species, while range in Alaska, arent even the biggest wolf around as you say.
I love wolves. Have studied them my entire life. Are these native NW Wolves, no they are not. Are they creating issues and completely mismanaged? Absolutely. I'm an avid hunter, fisherman and general outdoorsman. I have seen wolves in Washington and Idaho. They are here, they are real. However, I believe they should be treated like any other wild resource and managed. There is no reason we can't control range and population by hunting, trapping or relocation.
Spreading misinformation about wolves is part of the problem. Farmers have a right to defend their livestock. As they should. As far as killing them all, that has never worked in our favor. Unfortunately, its bear impossible to bring back the native NW Wolf that historically ranged here. We got what they gave us.

I disagree. Tell us what was the wolf sub species that WA settlers eradicated?

Also, if killing them wasn't successful why did the 1995 importation to Idaho occur?

I say humans have taken the place of wolves as ungulate predators and we don't need them anymore in the lower 48.

Quote:

Quote:

Thu May 19, 2022 12:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Deceitful on your part. Gray wolves are gray wolves the world around. Canis Lupis is always Canis Lupis, and nothing more as you postulate here. Gray wolves roamed the entire continent before they were nearly eradicated.

https://www.sanjuancitizens.org/species ... adian-wolf

Divided we fall.

Thu May 19, 2022 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next