Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Trump delivered, let's see some apologies and thanks 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lincoln4 wrote:
Have to agree, I could never vote for him again. If only he could have controlled his mouth and itchy Twitter finger... Hopefully, Desantis 2024!

Attachment:
4372A1A1-3EC8-412D-AC70-23954B4E1953.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:34 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Let's not kid ourselves, Trump didn't pick the justices because they're pro-gun. He picked them because they're the judges suggested to him by his advisors, who picked originalists. Kavanaugh in particular was recommended in part to appease Kennedy. Coney Barrett was picked because she is an originalist and a woman.

That's not to cast aspersions on any of the sitting justices, every single person on SCOTUS is an incredibly intelligent and accomplished jurist (even the ones I disagree with politically). But they're not there because of Trump; likely the same ones would be there regardless of which Republican had won in 2016.

If there is anyone you should thank or criticize for the current makeup of the court, it's Mitch McConnell.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
I have to agree with Alpine on this.

On a personal level, I don't like Trump, didn't even way before he ran. He's an egotistical buffoon.

BUT...that bravado, loud mouth and brash way is exactly what was needed to connect with normal people.

He became the obnoxious person to represent how a lot of us felt and were to polite to be.

While he definitely made some dumbass moves and made some even dumber statements, I genuinely feel he had the American way of life and America first mindset.

Was he the ideal 2A candidate/President? NO...but he damn sure had the right intent by getting 3...yes 3, conservative judges on the SCOTUS...that in and of itself is the grand prize for his administration. Because without that, Alpine's scenario of a Hillary presidency would be a sad and dismal reality.

Was Trump perfect? Oh hell no...but we coulda done a lot worse.

Yeah, I'm actually in agreement here. Also not a fan of Trump's personality, but it's precisely what got him elected and saved us from 4 years of HRC. He definitely loves this country and fought for its values. I can tolerate a few things I don't like about someone when I know their heart is in the right place. Like Alpine said, you can't let perfect be the enemy of good. He was one of the best presidents this country has had, in terms of policy, in a long time. Having said that, I believe that chapter is closed, and should remain that way.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

scrid2000 wrote:
Let's not kid ourselves, Trump didn't pick the justices because they're pro-gun. He picked them because they're the judges suggested to him by his advisors, who picked originalists. Kavanaugh in particular was recommended in part to appease Kennedy. Coney Barrett was picked because she is an originalist and a woman.

That's not to cast aspersions on any of the sitting justices, every single person on SCOTUS is an incredibly intelligent and accomplished jurist (even the ones I disagree with politically). But they're not there because of Trump; likely the same ones would be there regardless of which Republican had won in 2016.

If there is anyone you should thank or criticize for the current makeup of the court, it's Mitch McConnell.

Trump was the only Republican who could have won in 2016...

And likely the only one who can win in 2024. That's why the Dems are so desperate to try and take him down now.

DeSantis is great, but he's polite and not very exciting. He doesn't rev up the base the same way Trump does and he doesn't fight back as hard and as nasty.

The Dems and media want to go back to the old model of nice, polite and boring Republicans that they give token small amounts of attention to and who lose and quietly go home afterward. Trump figured out the only way to get even half the media coverage that the MSM gives to Dems is to be outrageous.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guns4Liberty wrote:
foothills wrote:
I have to agree with Alpine on this.

On a personal level, I don't like Trump, didn't even way before he ran. He's an egotistical buffoon.

BUT...that bravado, loud mouth and brash way is exactly what was needed to connect with normal people.

He became the obnoxious person to represent how a lot of us felt and were to polite to be.

While he definitely made some dumbass moves and made some even dumber statements, I genuinely feel he had the American way of life and America first mindset.

Was he the ideal 2A candidate/President? NO...but he damn sure had the right intent by getting 3...yes 3, conservative judges on the SCOTUS...that in and of itself is the grand prize for his administration. Because without that, Alpine's scenario of a Hillary presidency would be a sad and dismal reality.

Was Trump perfect? Oh hell no...but we coulda done a lot worse.

Yeah, I'm actually in agreement here. Also not a fan of Trump's personality, but it's precisely what got him elected and saved us from 4 years of HRC. He definitely loves this country and fought for its values. I can tolerate a few things I don't like about someone when I know their heart is in the right place. Like Alpine said, you can't let perfect be the enemy of good. He was one of the best presidents this country has had, in terms of policy, in a long time. Having said that, I believe that chapter is closed, and should remain that way.

I -100 percent agree. He isnt the best person out there, or always said and did the right thing, But I believe he always did what he thought was best.

I dont think he ever had bad intentions when deciding on the issues.

He was genuine. :thumbsup2: Such a RARE quality in a politician these day.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2