Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Snow plowing solutions? (Truck/tractor/SxS/quad) 

What kind of plow setup?
Truck 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Tractor 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
Side by side 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Quad 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14

Snow plowing solutions? (Truck/tractor/SxS/quad) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gas 4X4 truck. Cold weather starting a beat up diesel pile sucks. Add in fuel and tank condition, extra battery juice needed to crank and a gas truck is cheaper, easier and lack of maintenance isn't necessarily park it.
Have a few friends in the cold and snowy states, every single one of them has beat up gas truck with plow attachment.
Saves wear and tear on a quad or SxS and 10 times cheaper than a heavy tractor with plow.

Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One other thing to consider: to where do you plow all of the snow? After you've plowed a few times you've essentially boxed in your driveway. Tractor with a bucket allows you to move that snow somewhere away from your driveway.

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I though you meant plowing as in plowing a field to sow crops.

Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some Democrats get confused when Republicans plow their driveways for them.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/b ... story.html

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2 ... tol-attack

Last edited by CQBgopher on Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

See how much the people plowing the road would charge to do your driveway.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:18 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Just call Mr Plow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIUG_Kfw5A0

Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

1811GNR wrote:
One other thing to consider: to where do you plow all of the snow? After you've plowed a few times you've essentially boxed in your driveway. Tractor with a bucket allows you to move that snow somewhere away from your driveway.

Sent from my SM-T878U using Tapatalk

This is a good point, when temps don't get above freezing for a few months, and it keeps snowing, the accumulated snow can get to be a real problem.

A 4x4 pickup with a plow is nice in that you're plowing from inside a cab, with hopefully heat and such. But you're limited to just pushing snow. Once you get berms pushed up along a driveway and they freeze in place you're now limited to just pushing it to wherever you can get it clear of your path.

I've plowed snow with all 3 methods, Had a 4x4 with a plow when in eastern WA, it worked well until you got snowbound. Then It was time to use the tractor to move it out of the way for more plowing.

No matter which method you choose...and no matter how much snow you get...ALWAYS move it as far out of the way as possible every time. Because the shit piles up REALLY fast. And if you haven't made room for the next dump, when it snows 2-4' in one event you're gonna have a space problem. I'm speaking from much experience here. We had 52" on the ground at 1 time when I lived near Colville.

You're gonna want a tractor in the long run regardless.

-- Travis A Kisner

Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:03 am

Part of my family lives where they get lots of snow all winter. We have had the best luck with a 1978 Blazer with a plow and chains. Its been strictly used for plowing since 1980. We had an old gas dozer but it had too many hydraulic leaks and we got rid of it after about 15 years. It also had an open cab so not ideal in the winter time. The utvs and atvs are too light for any sort of uphill grade. Never had a tractor with bucket but most of the neighbors do. My Uncle recently donated his H2 Hummer plow vehicle and none of the other family members know how to use it properly so it got stuck alot last winter. If the snow gets too bad they park by the county plowed road and take the snow mobiles or Ranger back and forth. The neighbor also has a lifted Unimog with a plow.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:43 am

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/ ... 11232.html

This with a nice plow will last you forever.

Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone have any experience with Kioti tractors? They have a dealership in Post Falls and they have been the nicest to deal with of all the local tractor places. The Kubota dealer was rude as hell, not a good place for people who are new to tractors.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty much your only option....

https://blog.ritchiebros.com/equipment- ... er-tractor

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:32 pm

Alpine wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Kioti tractors? They have a dealership in Post Falls and they have been the nicest to deal with of all the local tractor places. The Kubota dealer was rude as hell, not a good place for people who are new to tractors.

I bought a CK25 HST Kioti several years ago from Jennings Equipment in Puyallup. Cleared 5 acres of brush with here. Moved to Otis Orchrds (WA/ID state line) and hauled the tractor over. Put around 1400 hours on it. Sold it before moving back. I've dealt with that dealership in Post Falls. PM me if you want more Kioti or dealership info or my experience with the tractor.

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Greenecho on Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My brother-in-law in Colorado has a Jeep with a blade that never leaves the property. Pretty sure he has a winch that controls the blade up/down. It worked pretty well on his driveway.

Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:34 pm

Mange wrote:

I like it. Never skimp. Think BIG.

“Those that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
-Benjamin Franklin

Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For our property and it's other needs (tree removal, brush hogging, dirt and material moving, etc) in addition to plowing we went with the Kioti CK2610 HST with cab and 1800 lb loader and a front mounted skid steer attach hydraulic plow blade. Decided the back blade wouldn't work well for us.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next