Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:28 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Potentially moving Back to WA State (WHERE TO MOVE) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A commute from Duvall to Redmond wouldn't be too bad. You'd never have to hit any hwys.
Cross the valley on 124th. Snek up to Trilogy Pkwy. As counter intuitive as it seems, go out the back of Trilogy on 133rd all the way to Willows. Ask Pablo. That was his commute for years.

Thing is land/houses out that way are crazy expensive. About what young old kim said: $450-500k houses out that way (Woodinville, Redmond, Duvall) five years ago can now go for up to a million.five or more.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:33 pm

tabby wrote:
Ace wrote:
just moved out. I sold my 1700 sq ft house with no yard in Bonney lake for well over 550k back in Feburary. Unless you have a bankroll of cash I wish you good luck finding a house even in North Bend. I understand the market is cooling down a little, but unless you have a need to own the property right now I suggest you try to rent and wait. The market will come down.

So you're telling me ... lol free housing , live in GH, commute 4 hours round trip each day lol

wouldn't necessarily go that route, but people are still outbidding each other for houses out there right now. I'd say if you can bide your time wait it out because you don't want to pay 500k for a trailer on the side of I-90 only to have the bottom fall out a year or two from now. All depends on what you can afford.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:37 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ever thought about Chehalis, Centralia, La Center, or anywhere in Clark County to find a jobby-job down there?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:
Ever thought about Chehalis, Centralia, La Center, or anywhere in Clark County to find a jobby-job down there?

He's looking to work for BE Meyers in Redmond.

Reading is fundamental :bigsmile:

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bring a few KAC goodies, at the current prices you can probably trade a couple uppers and a Triple Tap for a house.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

golddigger14s wrote:
If you had your mags before July 1st you should be OK.

What are you basing that on, Chuck?

Legally, you can't bring in any "hi-cap" mags unless you owned them when you lived in WA before.

I hope you've got a damned good reason to come back. Housing-wise, you could probably just arrange a swap with someone here who's looking to get out. :bigsmile:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

He's looking to work for BE Meyers in Redmond.

Reading is fundamental :bigsmile:

In case working or getting hired on for them doesn't pan out. :P

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tabby… your woman coming with you? She know about WA weather? Lol.

If you want some property and an hour commute, your radius is decent. Look at Sultan, carnation area if you want to try and snag land.

What you didn’t say was what your budget is. As others have said, market is funky right now.

Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

BadKarma wrote:
tabby wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:
Tabby, you're alive! :thumbsup2: Mannnnn, I've driven through Spaceville, FL a few times within the last few years, while making my way down to Vero Beach. Have you driven on I-4 on a Friday? If so, you deserve a fucking medal for both surviving and being brave or crazy enough! :ROFLMAO:

Man haha I'm alive!

I'm working for Knight's Armament, and yes I have driven through I-4 at ALL times of day/night. It's a mess no matter what. In laws live in Lakeland.

I'm looking at working for BE MEYERS...

I like Matt. Good dude. Try Snoqualmie Valley or Monroe area.

He's a great guy, I'm looking at those areas now... I appreciate your insight !

Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:55 am

Massivedesign wrote:
Tabby… your woman coming with you? She know about WA weather? Lol.

If you want some property and an hour commute, your radius is decent. Look at Sultan, carnation area if you want to try and snag land.

What you didn’t say was what your budget is. As others have said, market is funky right now.

I almost called you the other day.

My wife actually used to live in Snohomish! She LOVES WA state.

Sultan and Carnation were both areas we were looking at, we'd like to stay under 700k but it's so crazy... I know since I'm a disabled veteran I get some taxes written off too for property and I heard those are astronomical currently.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:57 am

Eddie Dean wrote:

I thought about it but the thing is the only reason I'm considering about moving to WA is for this job, that's it. I already sent them my confirmation I'd take it lol

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:04 am

MadPick wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
If you had your mags before July 1st you should be OK.

What are you basing that on, Chuck?

Legally, you can't bring in any "hi-cap" mags unless you owned them when you lived in WA before.

I hope you've got a damned good reason to come back. Housing-wise, you could probably just arrange a swap with someone here who's looking to get out. :bigsmile:

Steve,

I've got a few deployment cases full of magazines that are there still in storage... They've never left and they've been there since I left in 2019 so I should be okay.. hopefully. That being said, hahah I wish I could find someone swapping out!

The damn good reason is BE Meyers... : :bigsmile: plus... we need the help with our 6 month baby and 5 year old daughter. My in laws live 2 hours away and we dont have help, but we'd have TONS of help if we moved back to Washington, primarily Gig Harbor.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:06 am

1811GNR wrote:
Bring a few KAC goodies, at the current prices you can probably trade a couple uppers and a Triple Tap for a house.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I've got two super taps, a few triple taps, ECC, EMCs, some rare other rare stuff that I'll never let go.

I currently have one of the only 6.5CM M110s as well. 14.5/16 :)

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

tabby wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

I thought about it but the thing is the only reason I'm considering about moving to WA is for this job, that's it. I already sent them my confirmation I'd take it lol

Soldier_Citizen needs more friends to hang out with. He's been awful lonely since I moved away in May of 2014.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't rule out outer Whatcom county areas. Just a thought. We need the brothers.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next