Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Mar-a-lago Raid: discuss. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:
Part of the US legal system is that you get to face your accusers. Covering up and hiding sources is bullshit.

That part has been redacted.

Much like red flag laws where guns must be relinquished before due process and proof is produced.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:29 am

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:40 am

Alpine wrote:
Fishinpnw wrote:
You guys keep bringing up Obama....he didnt take any documents. It's been made clear by the National Archives that they are in possession of the documents Obama wants to digitize for public consumption.

As for Hilary, no love lost on her, but she sat through how many Republican led inquiries? Then you have Trump lobbying for President with frequent "lock her up" chants, becomes president, appoints all the people he wants into the DOJ, and still nothing on Hillary. Either there is nothing there, or they are not really interested in investigating/prosecuting her. Whenever someone say "They" don't dont do anything about Hilary, you're talking about Trump too. It seems they get the most bang for their buck by bringing her up to whip crowds into "lock her up" chants, because other than that, crickets.

As for Tump, this guy walks out of the White House with numerous classified documents, which he has no way to prove were unclassified, other than his word. The National Archives goes to Mar-a-lago to collect government property, find classified documents mixed in with what they collected, so they refer things over to the DOJ. The DOJ pays trump a visit to collect more documents, and obtains a signed affirmation from Trump's attorneys that there are no more classified documents. After that, I'm guessing someone notified the DOJ that there are still documents being kept by Trump, hence the warrant and the search. Why the DOJ want's to keep the details to the warrant under wraps is suspicious, so can't wait to see what that's about, but if I had to guess again I think they are trying to protect their source.

I have seen zero proof of anything other than a justifiable search warrant being executed, but of course Trump wants everyone to believe he is perfect and this is all a giant conspiracy against him (just like everything else he does...zero accountability).

I want what alot of the right leaning people in this country want, but Trump is not interested in anything other than himself.

POTUS decides what is and what isn't classified. Now if you want to argue APA violations in that he didn't do it in exactly the right way, Obummer and Bubba likely had thousands of such violations that were never prosecuted or sued all over the place.

Maybe Trump screwed up, maybe he didn't, but it was less of an "actual" crime and more of a "gochya!" type procedure crime that the Left hardly ever gets applied to them.

The left is terrified of Trump because he won and he can win. They'd much prefer milquetoast "polite" republicans who will politely and quietly lose and go away like McCain and Romney. Is that the type of republican you'd rather have so we can lose and have guns be banned and confiscated in America? Our rights hang by a thread and you're looking for a more polished candidate? Trump won BECAUSE he was dirty, because he had the virtue of his vices. because he was a fighter. He won for the very reasons you don't like him. These other boring RINO candidates bore and suppress the base and ensure we lose. Do we want to go back to that?

I don't think this is just a procedural issue. I mean, I think it was in the beginning. But leave it to Trump to turn and administrative issue into a criminal case. It became much worse than some kind of logistical snafu by the time the FBI showed up.

Maybe it was just incompetence? His team just threw the kitchen sink in boxes on the way out and didn't know there were classified documents among everything they took? Then the Archives show up to start collecting documents, find the classified docs and hands things over to the DOJ. The DOJ shows up, grabs some more docs, the Trump attorney signs an affidavit that there are no more classified docs at Mara-a-Lago, but they never really bothered to look? The DOJ figures out there are still docs missing so assume Trump is intentionally trying to hide documents and start the investigation.

I don't believe that is what happened. Trump's response to this whole thing has not played out well, there are reports of top law firms not wanting to get near this. But I guess we'll find out eventually as the case unfolds.

One more thing, I don't trust Trump with my gun rights. I find him to be to easily distracted and emotional about issues that he takes personally. He showed his colors a little bit with his comments on taking guns from people without due process. If someone committed gun violence against someone he actually cares about, I could see him reacting in a way that would not benefit the gun community. Strictly my personal feelings

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's Trump or a Democrat. Who do you trust less with your gun rights?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:55 pm

Alpine wrote:
Part of the US legal system is that you get to face your accusers. Covering up and hiding sources is bullshit.

At this point he hasn't been charged with anything and maybe never will be

Best theory I heard is Trump likes keeping mementos and held onto stuff he thought was cool. Except it's classified government docs and he's too stubborn to follow rules

So did he do it? Probably. Was he doing anything nefarious? Probably not.

Classic Trump shit show

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Alpine wrote:

We have to trust people with our rights now?

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:57 pm

Alpine wrote:

Better phrase would be, who do you DIStrust less? Trump fumbles a lot. But I'll take a 50/50 cointoss over a 100% implacable ideological foe every time...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:02 pm

Alpine wrote:

Can't we have DeSantis, or someone else with less drama? He seems to get shit done without stepping in poop

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:30 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't get me wrong I like DeSantis, but he doesn't poll as well as Trump and he doesn't excite the base. Plus the media will give him the McCain and Romney partial silent treatment once he jumps in. They're content to poke at him in FL but they won't give him the time of day as a POTUS candidate.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Last edited by Alpine on Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:49 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

bubblewhip wrote:
Alpine wrote:

We have to trust people with our rights now?

Pretty much, yeah.

And Alpine nailed it. Dislike Trump if you want, but if the alternative is Biden/Kamala/Inslee/whoever, then I'll vote for Trump all day long.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:41 pm

Its amazing the divide that has formed between Rs and Ds ---- it no longer a two party system - its us or them - and you KNOW who did that.... just think BLM/antifa --- who screwed the pooch on that one? The swamp is deep...

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkhnm wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Can't we have DeSantis, or someone else with less drama? He seems to get shit done without stepping in poop

We don’t need more career politicians to continue to blow smoke up our asses, we need wildcats that get shit done.
It’s sad that so many gun owners/pro 2A people are put off or offended by “mean tweets”. I’d take mean tweets and $2.25 gas about know.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:58 pm

Caveman Jim wrote:
hkhnm wrote:
Alpine wrote:

We don’t need more career politicians to continue to blow smoke up our asses, we need wildcats that get shit done.
It’s sad that so many gun owners/pro 2A people are put off or offended by “mean tweets”. I’d take mean tweets and $2.25 gas about know.

Funny thing is even with Trump off of Twitter (and the Taliban on Twitter) people still can’t ignore Trump. You go to MSM sites, and they just report on what he’s writing on Truth Social now :doh1:

Leftists are like that crazy ex that broke up with you because they say they don’t need you, then stalk you anyway.

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LowLead wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
hkhnm wrote:
Alpine wrote:

Funny thing is even with Trump off of Twitter (and the Taliban on Twitter) people still can’t ignore Trump. You go to MSM sites, and they just report on what he’s writing on Truth Social now :doh1:

Leftists are like that crazy ex that broke up with you because they say they don’t need you, then stalk you anyway.

How much rent do you think Trump owes to those whose minds he's inside of?

Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:37 am

It's obvious to everyone who doesn't sip the blue cool aid that this is nothing more than a stunt to make sure Trump can never sit in the white house ever again. Even Pence has come out against this and Trump was calling for his head.

Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next