Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:06 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Mar-a-lago Raid: discuss. 

Thought I should add this too --- surprised to see it on MSN...
Even Pence coming out to demand transparency from the FBI and DOJ and calling for answers from the top.
Also calling for us to not hold the entire FBI in contempt for their politicized leaders....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 2020830eae

I still see Pence as a white hat.... He is playing his role as the 'moderate republican'.

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:31 pm

Pence is a foil, all right... but who is he playing the foil for?

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a video discussing the transition at the White House:

I wish technology solved people issues. It seems to just reveal them.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:06 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Gman wrote:

Didnt Clinton remove all the W's from all the Computers?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They are pretend-unsealing parts of the affidavit.
Quote:
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A federal judge Thursday ordered the government to redact and ultimately release a version of the highly sensitive warrant affidavit that was used to justify a search by the FBI last week of former President Donald Trump’s private home and club.

Ruling from the bench, the judge, Bruce Reinhart, said that there were portions of the affidavit that “could be presumptively unsealed.”

“Whether those portions would be meaningful for the public or the media,” he added, was not for him to decide.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Quote:
As part of his ruling, Reinhart ordered the government to send him under seal proposed redactions to the warrant affidavit by next Thursday at noon. He said he would review the suggestions and decide if he agreed with them.

“This is going to be a considered, careful process,” Reinhart said.

"A version?" What VERSION? The real one? The fake one? The partially fake one? My God...

"Portions?"
"meaningful?"

What a fucking joke. More legal theater.

The Jeffrey Epstein connected judge is trying to nail Trump. Clintons probably threatened him.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
WaJim wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:
What if everything is legit? What if he did illegally take stuff he wasn't supposed to? Should be not be held responsible? Don't most of us complain about politicians not being held accountable?

Its not just the accountable thing, its the Lib Hypocrisy.

Both Clinton (Bill) and Barry (O) did the same shit.

Never settled or investigated.

No FBI Raids....

WTF Right?

Its all about the next election cycle.

Throw enough shit against a wall, true or not true and some of that shit sticks.

It is all totally fucked up man, every damn one of them probably commits crimes on the daily, doesn't mean he should get away with it. It's all a dirty corrupt game.

I think what everybody’s saying is why didn’t anything happen to Bill, Hillary or Obama about the documents they withheld? Hillary wiped 33k emails but like she says, what difference does it make. Obama supposedly had 30,000 documents at one time. Just saying. Why did they all get a reprieve but Trump didn’t?

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Gman wrote:

Didnt Clinton remove all the W's from all the Computers?

Yep. Clinton staff, anyway.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:45 pm

You guys keep bringing up Obama....he didnt take any documents. It's been made clear by the National Archives that they are in possession of the documents Obama wants to digitize for public consumption.

As for Hilary, no love lost on her, but she sat through how many Republican led inquiries? Then you have Trump lobbying for President with frequent "lock her up" chants, becomes president, appoints all the people he wants into the DOJ, and still nothing on Hillary. Either there is nothing there, or they are not really interested in investigating/prosecuting her. Whenever someone say "They" don't dont do anything about Hilary, you're talking about Trump too. It seems they get the most bang for their buck by bringing her up to whip crowds into "lock her up" chants, because other than that, crickets.

As for Tump, this guy walks out of the White House with numerous classified documents, which he has no way to prove were unclassified, other than his word. The National Archives goes to Mar-a-lago to collect government property, find classified documents mixed in with what they collected, so they refer things over to the DOJ. The DOJ pays trump a visit to collect more documents, and obtains a signed affirmation from Trump's attorneys that there are no more classified documents. After that, I'm guessing someone notified the DOJ that there are still documents being kept by Trump, hence the warrant and the search. Why the DOJ want's to keep the details to the warrant under wraps is suspicious, so can't wait to see what that's about, but if I had to guess again I think they are trying to protect their source.

I have seen zero proof of anything other than a justifiable search warrant being executed, but of course Trump wants everyone to believe he is perfect and this is all a giant conspiracy against him (just like everything else he does...zero accountability).

I want what alot of the right leaning people in this country want, but Trump is not interested in anything other than himself.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
You guys keep bringing up Obama....he didnt take any documents. It's been made clear by the National Archives that they are in possession of the documents Obama wants to digitize for public consumption.

As for Hilary, no love lost on her, but she sat through how many Republican led inquiries? Then you have Trump lobbying for President with frequent "lock her up" chants, becomes president, appoints all the people he wants into the DOJ, and still nothing on Hillary. Either there is nothing there, or they are not really interested in investigating/prosecuting her. Whenever someone say "They" don't dont do anything about Hilary, you're talking about Trump too. It seems they get the most bang for their buck by bringing her up to whip crowds into "lock her up" chants, because other than that, crickets.

As for Tump, this guy walks out of the White House with numerous classified documents, which he has no way to prove were unclassified, other than his word. The National Archives goes to Mar-a-lago to collect government property, find classified documents mixed in with what they collected, so they refer things over to the DOJ. The DOJ pays trump a visit to collect more documents, and obtains a signed affirmation from Trump's attorneys that there are no more classified documents. After that, I'm guessing someone notified the DOJ that there are still documents being kept by Trump, hence the warrant and the search. Why the DOJ want's to keep the details to the warrant under wraps is suspicious, so can't wait to see what that's about, but if I had to guess again I think they are trying to protect their source.

I have seen zero proof of anything other than a justifiable search warrant being executed, but of course Trump wants everyone to believe he is perfect and this is all a giant conspiracy against him (just like everything else he does...zero accountability).

I want what alot of the right leaning people in this country want, but Trump is not interested in anything other than himself.

POTUS decides what is and what isn't classified. Now if you want to argue APA violations in that he didn't do it in exactly the right way, Obummer and Bubba likely had thousands of such violations that were never prosecuted or sued all over the place.

Maybe Trump screwed up, maybe he didn't, but it was less of an "actual" crime and more of a "gochya!" type procedure crime that the Left hardly ever gets applied to them.

The left is terrified of Trump because he won and he can win. They'd much prefer milquetoast "polite" republicans who will politely and quietly lose and go away like McCain and Romney. Is that the type of republican you'd rather have so we can lose and have guns be banned and confiscated in America? Our rights hang by a thread and you're looking for a more polished candidate? Trump won BECAUSE he was dirty, because he had the virtue of his vices. because he was a fighter. He won for the very reasons you don't like him. These other boring RINO candidates bore and suppress the base and ensure we lose. Do we want to go back to that?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:29 pm

"Lawlessness" is not necessarily an absence of the laws. Almost always it is selective application of them.

Some longish Harvard law professor commentaries on the raid for those interested in legal aspects:

Quote:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/thoughts-mar-lago-search

I have long worried (here, and, more recently, here) about the adverse consequences of the Biden Justice Department using criminal process against former President Trump. I have also long worried (spurred by Garrett Graff) about the mischief, and potential criminal liability, that Trump might stir up after his presidency with access to classified information. Here are some thoughts spurred by the collision of these worries.

Several sensible commentators—including George Will, Damon Linker, and David Brooks—think Attorney General Merrick Garland made a mistake, perhaps a disastrous one, in executing the search warrant at Mar-a-Lago. (They made these claims before the federal magistrate unsealed the warrant and the inventory of seized materials.) They worry that the search will, in Will’s sedate words, harm “social comity” and “domestic tranquility.”...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.”

Ronald Reagan Oct. 27, 1964

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope everyone agrees that anything less than the original, real and completely unredacted affidavit is a sham and a sign of a setup.

Even if they produce it, still is likely to be bullshit, but if they play keepaway or start chopping up the affidavit that's a definite immediate sign.

Quote:

Quote:

Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:28 pm

Agreed. I would trust Trump over the FBI and DOJ at this point --- THEY just don't have a good track record as of late.... Its all too fishy....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:07 pm

Alpine wrote:
I hope everyone agrees that anything less than the original, real and completely unredacted affidavit is a sham and a sign of a setup.

Even if they produce it, still is likely to be bullshit, but if they play keepaway or start chopping up the affidavit that's a definite immediate sign.

It's definitely going to redact their sources.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If they do that, then their probable cause just came from the Ether? That won't clear the DOJ/FBI of playing politics with this.

Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Part of the US legal system is that you get to face your accusers. Covering up and hiding sources is bullshit.

Quote:

Quote:

Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next