Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Made in America products 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.heraldweekly.com/what-is-actually-still-made-in-america-part2/8?xcmg=1

Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The company I work for, Red Head Steering Gears: https://redheadsteeringgears.com/

Family owned and operated since its inception in Seattle in 1980. We remanufacture just about every type of steering gearbox, from an old manual in a '46 Ford, to big rig truck gears, even did a gearbox from a crane that had to be delivered on a pallet. No rack & pinions, no pumps, just steering gears, and business is GOOD!
Full disclosure, a lot of the seals we use come from overseas as those are the only sources for them. But we do all of the rebuild process inhouse. There is some "secret sauce" to our rebuild process that involves custom sized and hand fitted ball bearings......

AND, the owners are super 2A friendly. About 1/3 of the employees in the shop carry on the job. The number would be a lot higher, but most people don't want to get their gun dirty, LOL.
The owner had wanted to get out of WA for years, so last year they opened up the new corp HQ just over the border in Post Falls, ID. I manage the legacy operation in Auburn, PM me if you're looking to replace your gearbox!

Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.faribaultmill.com/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chip wrote:
The company I work for, Red Head Steering Gears: https://redheadsteeringgears.com/

Family owned and operated since its inception in Seattle in 1980. We remanufacture just about every type of steering gearbox, from an old manual in a '46 Ford, to big rig truck gears, even did a gearbox from a crane that had to be delivered on a pallet. No rack & pinions, no pumps, just steering gears, and business is GOOD!
Full disclosure, a lot of the seals we use come from overseas as those are the only sources for them. But we do all of the rebuild process inhouse. There is some "secret sauce" to our rebuild process that involves custom sized and hand fitted ball bearings......

AND, the owners are super 2A friendly. About 1/3 of the employees in the shop carry on the job. The number would be a lot higher, but most people don't want to get their gun dirty, LOL.
The owner had wanted to get out of WA for years, so last year they opened up the new corp HQ just over the border in Post Falls, ID. I manage the legacy operation in Auburn, PM me if you're looking to replace your gearbox!

Ya'll ever do any work on deuces? M35A2 with rockwell axles?

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
Excellent :patriot:

Here's some slippers, moccasins and stuff... most?... a good portion? of the stuff they carry, they make in ID.

https://www.theleatherworks.net/

Aside: the scuffs I bought from them are discontinued and have been replaced with imports (boos and oh! noes!)

EDIT: I sent an email about the scuffs now being imported. Owner wrote back and said they only sell the Idaho made scuffs in their brick-and-mortar now, because they couldn't keep up with the on-line volume.

I got a pair of the American softy for Christmas. I love them!!

Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Chip wrote:

Ya'll ever do any work on deuces? M35A2 with rockwell axles?

We can rebuild that gearbox. Besides the owner / gear guru, we have one particular tech that knows those gears. It would be done at our Idaho shop and I can get you a direct line to the tech if you're interested. We'd probably have to get info / casting marks from the housing to nail down the type and cost.
PM me!

Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7