Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Banks are not safe 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FO3 and New Vegas are my favorites. Even though the first one is hilarious on a 1 intelligence character, I could never fully get into the game itself. Same goes for the second.

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:26 pm

Based on my experience in the 'Didn't happen" recession, where after the entire section within the Aerospace organization where I and five others worked for got laid off when a VP showed up on a Monday called us into a meeting and flatly stated "Friday will be everyone in the Dept's last day!" then got up and walked out...

I learned my lesson after losing 2 homes, 2 cars, three HDs scoots during the ensuing non-recession...BILLY my trusty 96 Bronco was paid for ~ thankfully!

[Not one financial institution got sanctioned by the FEDs for their malfeasant activities...sigh!!]

Now I save my pennies, nickels, dimes and paid cash for the 2.3k sq home on 3/4A w/20x40 garage, adjoining .35A empty lot, two late model vehicles, pull along Springdale camper and have a sizable cash only nest egg stashed away for another major purchase if the itch arises.

The fake currency or silver/gold or other ponzi scheme nonsense all controlled by smoke and mirrors...

Thanks but I'll pass!

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hope none of you pushing crypto are getting paid to do so without disclosing it...

SEC Charges Kim Kardashian for Unlawfully Touting Crypto Security
https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2022-183
Quote:
Washington D.C., Oct. 3, 2022 —
The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced charges against Kim Kardashian for touting on social media a crypto asset security offered and sold by EthereumMax without disclosing the payment she received for the promotion. Kardashian agreed to settle the charges, pay $1.26 million in penalties, disgorgement, and interest, and cooperate with the Commission’s ongoing investigation.

The SEC’s order finds that Kardashian failed to disclose that she was paid $250,000 to publish a post on her Instagram account about EMAX tokens, the crypto asset security being offered by EthereumMax. Kardashian’s post contained a link to the EthereumMax website, which provided instructions for potential investors to purchase EMAX tokens.

SEC Chair Gensler today published a video warning investors not to make investment decisions based solely on the recommendations of a celebrity or influencer:

Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

foothills wrote:
Alpine wrote:
If all the banks go under good luck finding anyone willing to take your crypto for a loaf of bread or gallon of milk.

In that situation the currency will be guns, cartridges, flashlights, batteries and clean water.

Don't forget BIC lighters.

I know I'm a codger...but to me, buying crypto is like buying silver or gold and letting someone else (seller) hold it for you.

Banks are never safe, same as any FIAT currency.

My grandparents hated banks, they lost a lot of money in the depression. All their dairy farm funds were wiped away.

From then on it was cash, check, silver, gold and guns as receivables. With the cash and checks being converted to silver, gold and guns.

"never trust YOUR money to someone else's care...and don't pay interest on a depreciating asset" The old timers knew...

I’ve never trusted modern technology, especially this cell phone/internet stuff. Sure, I use it sparingly but I know that it will be the downfall of the republic and the world as we knew it.
Look at the 2020 election…

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:23 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Crypto is facing some stiff resistance and calls for "somebody to do something!" :frust: about them; i.e. gov't or NGO (like the IMF) regulatory oversight:

"Government officials are clearly concerned about cryptocurrencies gaining more adoption. Earlier this year, the IMF pleaded that countries not give cryptocurrencies legal tender status. While governments cannot seize cryptocurrency stored offline in hardware wallets, they could potentially shut down cryptocurrency exchanges – the on and off-ramps to buy and sell crypto. "

~The Forward Observer daily report 9/7/2023

XRP is still down from the bounce after a court decision and a Caribbean nation's adoption of XRP. It muddles around half a dollar and dithering to the downside with a pretty severe dip this morning, but recovery to the $.50 level.

Bitcoin, Solana And Ethereum all experienced this drop and spike mid morning yesterday, perhaps on the heels of this renewed call for regulation?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did the Reeves test at my bank today and was "politely" asked to leave and to never come back................

Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:39 am

What an informative initial post in this thread(toot toot!) from sep29,2002.
How many banks have since failed?
Brics dedollarizing?
One digital asset with legal clarity? Weird
What happens on sep29,2023?
Perhaps a proper party for ripple?
What could the unannounced reason for the party be?
There are many in the know, who have shared. Publicly.
Ive repeated the info to you guys and gals. You have been reluctantly educated. Maybe its time some use qtips on their eyes? Or baby wipes? Whatever it takes to see whats going on for those who can see when shown. Ive given up on those who cannot see.
For now

Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:09 am

So what are you talking about, pitbull?

I don't understand.

Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ViniVidivici wrote:
So what are you talking about, pitbull?

I don't understand.

XRP...Ripple. A digital asset he claims is safe and we are all stupid.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:32 am

Geez…..i didnt say that. Read the initial post. See what i reported then, and what has happened since. Realize im only trying to help. And keep you months ahead of what the news teaches you

Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Forbes advisor picks for 2023:

"XRP (XRP)
Market cap: $26.6 billion
Created by some of the same founders as Ripple, a digital technology and payment processing company, XRP can be used on that network to facilitate exchanges of different currency types, including fiat currencies and other major cryptocurrencies.

At the beginning of 2017, the price of XRP was $0.006. As of Sep. 5, 2023, its price reached $0.50, equal to a rise of 8,279%.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investin ... urrencies/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:38 pm

So what does that mean?

Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It would seem XRP is one of the popular DC's currently and while still a "penny stock" so to speak, at least it's trending upward.

One thing about it on the plus side, I think, is that it's not just a fabricated or imaginary token. I think the court case that is/was pending was trying to determine if it was a currency or a platform. Since it is a platform for settling trade it has more intrinsic value than a made-up digital coin. It's more like a service. That utility gives it real value.

I await, and welcome, correction.

FJB

Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:10 pm

The xrp ledger (xrpl) is a public good. Like the internet is a public good. Anyone can use it. It is a currency agnostic bridging protocol. Essentially the internet of value. With instant settlement. Where any currency can be traded for another currency for fractions of a penny. Again. Instantly. Zero failed transactions in 12 years. Xrp is the token(computer code) to transact on the xrpl. Like ethereum is to the evm(ethereum virtual machine). Minus the retarded amount of fees, and failed transactions.
The lawsuit was to determine if xrp is a security (stock/certificate of ownership) of ripple labs. The judge determined that xrp, is not, in and of itself a security. That part is settled, and cannot be appealed or overturned. The rest is the clown show to shake you out. There will be a fine payed, and the rest will settle in court. Im thinking that will be publicly announced on the 29th. The rest will be history. Most coins/cryptos will go to zero. Some wont. Xrp will have the first move advantage being the ONLY DIGITAL ASSET WITH LEGAL CLARITY IN AN EMERGING ASSET CLASS. If you dont understand the profoundness of that statement, heres two words to describe a part of history, and the current near term situation of the xrp token. Gold rush

Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next