Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Seattle PD is selling their last crown vic.. Only 30k miles 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Let me ask you a question. Why do you have those radio's and a Laptop mounted in the Ex Police Car if you aren't trying to look like PD?
Honest question. :popcorn:

I see you added a question after I quoted your original post.

I've had computers and radios in every vehicle I've owned. You do know my user name, right? :-p

Even the M1031 and F150 had radios and a computer mounted in it......

Attachment:
2011-06-16150836.png

Attachment:
2011-06-16150709.png

Attachment:
2011-06-16143858.png

... and I've explained this before... I have/had unique vehicles and each one draws their own type of asshole...with few exceptions.

The F150 is one of the few vehicles I owned that I didn't have any issues in..

I'd still have to deal with the left wing prius/cali drivers if I drove my maintenance truck all the time... But then I'd be getting half the mileage of what the vic does and at a higher cost of fuel, because it's diesel.

How did this go from a 'hey, someone should buy this' thread into a 'shit on weenie' thread? WTF.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

How did this go from a 'hey, someone should buy this' thread into a 'shit on weenie' thread? WTF.

My thoughts exactly

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:44 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, this conversation is old and tired.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:33 am

TechnoWeenie wrote:

... and I've explained this before... I have/had unique vehicles and each one draws their own type of asshole...with few exceptions.

Sadly, that's the kind of world we live in, you can't have anything nice without some walking bag of dogcrap trying to take it from you, or ruin it for you by trashing it, or just generally give you shit about it.

Part of me would really love to recreate one of the staff jeeps from Jurassic Park, but with the genepool-diarrhea around here the '93 Wrangler clothtop would be a 24-karat gold plated Invitation for Trouble.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My apologies TW, i should have just let it be. I guess it's my own personal issue with people outfitting Ex PD vehicles to look like they are PD.
They are good Cars, carry on.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
My apologies TW, i should have just let it be. I guess it's my own personal issue with people outfitting Ex PD vehicles to look like they are PD.
They are good Cars, carry on.

No, I'm actually on the same page with you for the most part.

I think we disagree on intent, and usage.

The vic right now is no different than an 80's caprice... or an '85 CHP Mustang.... They're not in service anymore....

Hell, I've honestly been tempted to create an LAPD clone vic... It'd be pretty clear it's not in service, due to age, and, well, not being in CA, heh.

I've posted my previous crown vics in the crown vic thread from 5 years ago or whatever... I've had a few...

They're very utilitarian. I know them inside and out, quite literally. I have the same radios/computer I've had in every one of my cars... In fact, if you pay attention, you'll notice the same radio control head from my F150 in 2011 is mounted in my current car... and the only flashing lights I have anywhere on the car are amber traffic director in the rear.... which is also something I've had on ALL my vehicles, even my F150 and M1031 had one ... and no flashing lights to the front... no need for them and eliminates any accusation of having flashing lights to pull someone over or any such nonsense.

After not having one for a decade, it made sense for me to get back into one.. I missed them, to be honest... and it was like coming back home after being away for years.... I think this one is my 17th...or 18th... panther platform vehicle....

I think the missing element you're trying to find is intent.... and there is none...

I do agree with you that people outfitting their car and trying to play police should be shunned, and in the crown vic and used police car community, they're shunned, and booted out with the quickness.

I have a lot of overlapping interests/hobbies that can definitely raise some questions, which is why I have to do stuff like carry concealed, and use a bluetooth earpiece for my radio... when I'm in my crown vic... Because if I stepped out of that car with a radio and a gun on my hip, well, that definitely creates the wrong impression. Take any one of things separately and it's not an issue, but I understand how some may perceive it, so there are small changes I make to prevent issues. <--- that type of shit no one sees... They know I carry radios, and am an open carry advocate, and assume I'm 'driving around in a cop car, with lights and antennas, openly carrying a gun and a radio', and that's just not true. There have been a few times in my life where someone assumed the car I was driving was in service, and I'm quick to point out I'm not a cop. Shit, even when I was driving fully marked cars back to my shop, and I got questions, it's always 'I'm just the guy that fixes the radios and lights and stuff'... If I stop to help someone out on the side of the road? I make sure they know I'm not a cop and just seeing if they needed help... It's easy 'Hey, just so you know, I'm not a cop, I do communications, it's why my car has a bunch of antennas and shit on it'... and that's the end of that....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The awesomely hip (or hick - depends on your resident status) town of Sequim still has one Crown Vic in service.
The junior patrol officer gets to drive it until it dies or another officer is hired.

They tried to give it to the Police Volunteers, but we said no way and then went out and raised enough money to buy a second Explorer exclusively for our use. :patriot:

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
The awesomely hip (or hick - depends on your resident status) town of Sequim still has one Crown Vic in service.
The junior patrol officer gets to drive it until it dies or another officer is hired.

They tried to give it to the Police Volunteers, but we said no way and then went out and raised enough money to buy a second Explorer exclusively for our use. :patriot:

Uppity Volunteers. :ROFLMAO:

In that capacity i would have rocked the Crown Vic. :thumbsup2:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
Isildur wrote:

Uppity Volunteers. :ROFLMAO:

In that capacity i would have rocked the Crown Vic. :thumbsup2:

Ecoboost AWD drivetrain in Crown Vic would be :woohoo: ..

400 HP AWD Crown Vic would be fucking amazeballs.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:36 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:

How would it compare to a factory Police Interceptor package?

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was looking at a Taurus Eco/AWD at the beginning of the pandemic and one in the summer of 2020. First one sold for 5-6k... Can't remember. Second one with more miles and damage went for mid teens. I shit myself.

I did some research, the Ecoboost engine in the Taurus and Explorer are not the same as the F150. I don't remember what was different. But, I do remember not being able to make stupid amounts of power like they do in the Ecoboost Raptor and GT.

Still, a lightly modded Taurus sedan blowing the doors off of a bunch of ricers is smile inducing.

And an ECO/AWD Crown Vic would be badass and also blow the doors off the 4.6 Crown Vics and the LT1 Caprices. Not sure on the v8 Chargers tho.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Police crown vics 2004+ were 250 HP....RWD... it'd be an entirely different beast.

2022 FPIU (Ford Police Interceptor Utility) with twin turbo ecoboost are putting out 400HP and are putting in 5.5 seconds to 60 MPH. The crown vic is 7.6 seconds to 60 MPH.

2 seconds in 0-60 is huge...almost a 28% decrease...

Crown vics aren't really that fast. They're rugged, reliable fleet vehicles with a nearly perfect front/rear weight distribution...

Thomas Paine wrote:

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:18 pm

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Diamondback wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Police crown vics 2004+ were 250 HP....RWD... it'd be an entirely different beast.

2022 FPIU (Ford Police Interceptor Utility) with twin turbo ecoboost are putting out 400HP and are putting in 5.5 seconds to 60 MPH. The crown vic is 7.6 seconds to 60 MPH.

IOW if I'm looking for pure performance and can cram it in, transplanting 2022 guts into that '87 I want might be worth the effort? (IF it happens, the build concept is a long range cruiser that'll also quickly accelerate to cruise speed--sip gas once out on the highways and byways, but also plenty of performance tucked up my sleeve if need arises.)

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My turds

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Diamondback wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

IOW if I'm looking for pure performance and can cram it in, transplanting 2022 guts into that '87 I want might be worth the effort? (IF it happens, the build concept is a long range cruiser that'll also quickly accelerate to cruise speed--sip gas once out on the highways and byways, but also plenty of performance tucked up my sleeve if need arises.)

Lexus SC300/NA Supra 3.0 straight 6 with a mild turbo. Built for RWD might be able to find trans adapters. Bulletproof. Easy on the gas and might get you 25-30mpg then lean on it to spool the turbo up for power.

Studying for my Liberal Arts degree at Evergreen College.

YouTube taught me, just like everybody else.

Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next