Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Federalizing Police 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As JBS notes, there is no constitutional provision or duty for the Federal government to fund local or state level police departments. And it runs counter to the 10th Amendments proclamation that "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Several bills are rolling that provide federal funds to local and State LEAs along with provisions on how such funds shall be used. The FG should NOT be involved in state and local level LE.

Tell your federal senators and reps to butt the fuck out. Here's a handy widget.

https://jbs.org/alert/stop-radical-poli ... ion-bills/

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look how well the feds gave done with monkeying around with education.
This should be opposed strongly.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Proverbs 27:12 -- “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
Need Long term Food or Survival Supplies, I have extras, Grab the Supplies_Available.pdf. Prices Quoted are close to my actual cost:
https://backupcomputing.workplace.datto.com/filelink/6af06-883bf7e-31d469c0e1-2
Link corrected 1/30/2021.

The prudent Wagunner trains and prepares to defend themselves and their families, friends, and neighbors. They also are prepared to feed, shelter, and provide aid as well.
Danger is coming and may already be here, how prepared are you? Click the link above for lots of good info to get started.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Police powers are reserved by the states and the people - there is no legitimate federal police power.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SporkBoy wrote:
Police powers are reserved by the states and the people - there is no legitimate federal police power.

For now. These bills would represent an erosion of that distinction.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

FJB

Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So basically the feds will bail out libtard areas that make their police quit by giving them our federal tax dollars so they can pay 4 or 5 times what sane areas pay police.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:11 pm

The Interstate Highway System is the same thing, Fed giving money to States to create a national system in an area reserved to the States.

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

hkhnm wrote:
The Interstate Highway System is the same thing, Fed giving money to States to create a national system in an area reserved to the States.

So they can hold that money over the states head(didnt they do that with seat-belts and a bunch of other bullshit?)

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shaggy wrote:
hkhnm wrote:

So they can hold that money over the states head(didnt they do that with seat-belts and a bunch of other bullshit?)

Bingo.

Very first thing I thought about.

Federal funding comes in, then the say 'comply, or we'll take the funding you've already budgeted for'.....

It's how they got the nationwide drinking age to 21, and nationwide speed limit in the 70s.... They threatened states with removing federal funding.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:58 pm

I feel like we've been down this road before, and I commented something along the lines of "can't the states just not take the money and fund their own stuff?" I can't remember the replies, but I recall being told I was wrong to some degree or another....

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fishinpnw wrote:
I feel like we've been down this road before, and I commented something along the lines of "can't the states just not take the money and fund their own stuff?" I can't remember the replies, but I recall being told I was wrong to some degree or another....

So what happens when horrible states like WA enact shitty criminal friendly policies to drive all their decent cops away so then federal dollars are used to recruit awful people at 5x or even 10x what police are making in sane red states? How is that fair for people's federal tax dollars to be used that way?

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:06 am

(2018) There are 65 U.S. federal agencies and 27 offices of inspector general that employ full time personnel authorized to make arrests and carry firearms and approximately 17000 state & local law enforcement agencies!
[sidebar: interestingly, there are no current stats on Al Gore's WWW regarding a valid count of agencies??]

Critical thinking involves analysis, evaluation, inference [gathering credible/relevant/logical evidence], and of course reaching a viable and reasonable conclusion while improving one's own thinking regarding the information you have heard, read, as well as you might have witnessed.

Further, please remember Churchill's commentary: "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

as a nation we will overcome the travesty[ies] currently going on within our nation...

Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This urge toward a regional or national response to (contrived) crisis is framed as State inefficiency or inability to function satisfactorily and to abridge the separation of powers which are seen, not as guarantors against tyranny but as obstacles of 'progress'. This erosion of state powers will work adversely and against state guarantees of such things as the right TKABA.

Here's the textbook on using 'regionalism:

https://www.amazon.com/Regional-nationa ... B0035FZ39K

FJB

Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]