Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Got my PSE bill today, holy Jesus!!!! 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

cmica wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
I recently got a $859 water bill if that makes you feel any better. Broken water main under the driveway. Of course, they didn’t bother to notify us there might be a problem when sending the bill 30 days after the billing cycle ended. Apparently we consumed 109,000 gallons of water August/September.

you can contest that and have them waive it. happen to me 3 yrs ago, came home in aug like the hell is this puddle from main to house, shut off the main and like half hr later it was gone so I knew I had a leak, fixed it myself after digging up cobble rocks 4ft down. later finding out neighbor in front and back both had leaks a few months apart from me.

We appealed the bill and they credited $650 to our account. Problem is June/July was $450, August/September was $850. We didn’t even get the bill until early November. Had the leaks located and repaired 4 days after the big bill came. The problem is we had a major leak all throughout October and early November. But they’ll only consider billing cycles already completed so they made a decision based on the earlier bills. It helps, but it doesn’t really fix what will most likely be another astronomical bill coming next month.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
cmica wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
I recently got a $859 water bill if that makes you feel any better. Broken water main under the driveway. Of course, they didn’t bother to notify us there might be a problem when sending the bill 30 days after the billing cycle ended. Apparently we consumed 109,000 gallons of water August/September.

you can contest that and have them waive it. happen to me 3 yrs ago, came home in aug like the hell is this puddle from main to house, shut off the main and like half hr later it was gone so I knew I had a leak, fixed it myself after digging up cobble rocks 4ft down. later finding out neighbor in front and back both had leaks a few months apart from me.

We appealed the bill and they credited $650 to our account. Problem is June/July was $450, August/September was $850. We didn’t even get the bill until early November. Had the leaks located and repaired 4 days after the big bill came. The problem is we had a major leak all throughout October and early November. But they’ll only consider billing cycles already completed so they made a decision based on the earlier bills. It helps, but it doesn’t really fix what will most likely be another astronomical bill coming next month.

ya i feel ya. gal behind me had a leak under the house, I think she said 80k of water used. you fig company would question you why your using so much more than normal till its too late.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO: Is that for one or two months? I wish my power bill was that low

Albert Einstein

Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

cmica wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:
cmica wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

ya i feel ya. gal behind me had a leak under the house, I think she said 80k of water used. you fig company would question you why your using so much more than normal till its too late.

Exactly! But they don’t. Luckily one of my best friends is a plumber that fixed our internal leak and my neighbor is an earth worker that helped fix the main leak.

Total expenditure: an upper with red dot, and an ammo care package. Plus a lot of shoveling on my part.

It’s good to have friends!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OP, that looks insanely high. There has to be more to it. What is your primary heat source? What are your biggest electricity draws?

For reference, I just received my SnoCo PUD electricity bill ($116.38) and my PSE natural gas bill ($101). We just moved into the house in August after a massive remodel, so I don't have any frame of reference for what those bills used to be. Not that it would even matter, as too many factors have changed compared to the previous owner/configuration. But my wife leaves the gas fireplace on all freaking day, we use a crapton of hot water every day (gas water heater), and we have the gas furnace set to 69 during the day, 64 at night. The house is just shy of 1600 sq ft, built in 1975, and not particularly well-insulated (except for the parts that were re-done during the remodel). As far as electricity goes, I'm not sure where the bulk of our consumption comes from, but I have to think that our electric stove/oven is a major factor, because we cook & eat at home most of the time.

Point being, we are not holding back anything when it comes to consuming gas or electricity in our home, and our combined total is about half of what's shown on your latest bill. I'd definitely start looking into what is causing the electricity to be so high, and then go from there.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My bill in the summer is under $200 with an Ac going at 70 degrees. My bill has gone up steadily for the last year. In January, it was the coldest and my bill was $237. Only reason I know this is because the lady at PSE told me. This shit is out of control.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:16 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Gasitman wrote:
My bill in the summer is under $200 with an Ac going at 70 degrees. My bill has gone up steadily for the last year. In January, it was the coldest and my bill was $237. Only reason I know this is because the lady at PSE told me. This shit is out of control.

Have you asked if they do an estimated usage plan? Our first house they would only read our meter every 6 months but billed on “expected usage” based on the previous year. Then any overage or underage would be assessed on the bill when they actually read the meter for usage.

Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:28 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gasitman wrote:

Post your usage. Take a photo of your bill showing the kWh and therm used.

Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:13 am
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Bitch is its only been real Crispy Cold for a week....maybe.

And

I totally read the caption wrong....I added a T and a U on Bill. (built)

Though you came across a AK/VEPR receiver press.

I think theres a Molot that goes by PSE...or was it PSR,,,,or...ahhhhhh its PSL

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Last edited by WaJim on Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was amazed, quite often when opening up walls or going into attics , by how many PNW homes were constructed with exactly ZERO insulation. (no reference to your home, but it may be worth some investigation.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:32 am

jukk0u wrote:
I was amazed, quite often when opening up walls or going into attics , by how many PNW homes were constructed with exactly ZERO insulation. (no reference to your home, but it may be worth some investigation.

My neighbor commented last spring when he was replacing some outlets and switches how the walls were EMPTY in his house.... mind boggling.... not even crumpled newspaper for insulation.

I've figured out over the years that for my house the rule is 55=1,50=2,45=3,40=4,---20=8..... which is the average temp for the day that is how many hours the furnace will run.... its basic physics/heat transfer that doesn't change. Minus an hour for bright sunny day -- add an hour for cold/windy/snow. I could guestimate my bill based on that --- I'm gonna have to put a 1.5x fudge factor in my estimates now.....

Of the ten voices I hear in my head, only three keep telling me NOT to shoot....
Do I go with the majority or common sense?

Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:01 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Our average PSE bill for the past 12 months is $60.78 for 2112 sq. ft

Attachment:
Screenshot 2022-11-29 091958.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Makes no sense to me. The water bill in Bonney lake is the highest in pierce county. I’m on septic and pay about $80 a month for just water. A coworker pays around $3-500 a month for the sewer and water. There is no way someone can beat their house that is twice as big and 1/5 of what I’m paying which is .123 cents a kilawatt. I keep my house at 66. Gas furnace and heat pump.

Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got notice that my electric went up 23% this billing cycle.....I new it would be higher because I have the hot tub going....point is they notified me before I got the bill amount. (I still don't know what the bill is)

Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

I had something similar and went to the water company/county monthly meeting and got a $5K bill knocked down to about $500 by pleading my case. Also, my insurance company helped get my water line fixed. Be humble, and apologetic, and dress nicely (not too nice).

Tacoma did this for my renter that had an 1100 dollar bill a few years back. All I had to do was show proof a water pipe was fixed.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next