Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Frontier airlines introduces 'all you can fly' pass 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

$400 for summer, $1300 for all year.

https://www.flyfrontier.com/deals/gowild-pass/

It includes international destinations as well.

Damn.

Makes flying interesting.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:21 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it were a United or Southwest, it would be a steal but even in Denver (one of their hubs), they have limited gates and planes and you can end up waiting on either end of the gate for their schedule to catch up. I don't mind paying for items on board the aircraft, no big. Also if you're large, their bathrooms on the Airbus A320s are incredibly slim.

Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:55 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you had a lot of flexibility in your life this seems decent. May 2nd, I predict the Frontier site will crash.

Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, for the cost of one ticket, it seems a good marketing to lure new traveler to fly on them

Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:10 am
FFL / Dealer

The taxes and fees per leg are going to cause a lot of people to complain I bet.

Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well crap.
Frontier does do Boise.

Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:16 am

Just know what you are actually getting.

Domestically you can only book the day before the flight. International is 10 days

The fees aren't bad...it was like 15 bucks.

There's also quite a few blackout dates....mostly around holidays.

It auto sets up renewal so make sure to stay on top of that (the year is normally $2k and will renew at 2k not the sale price).

Also won't get any airline miles if you are into that

It's not a bad deal if you like Frontier and are truly flexible. But if trying to plan a vacation for a specific place on specific dates....probably won't be the best option. But for just random weekend getaways it's not bad.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kolat wrote:
The taxes and fees per leg are going to cause a lot of people to complain I bet.

Couple that with the dozens of blackout dates, probably be even more

Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:34 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I wonder if once you’ve booked a seat it’s truly yours, or if it’s more like a standby seat where a full paying ticket can bump you off the flight? Also, kind of stressful thinking you can’t book your return flight until day before or 10 days before international. Not sure how I’d feel potentially being stranded until able to book a flight back.

Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:54 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sinus211 wrote:
I wonder if once you’ve booked a seat it’s truly yours, or if it’s more like a standby seat where a full paying ticket can bump you off the flight? Also, kind of stressful thinking you can’t book your return flight until day before or 10 days before international. Not sure how I’d feel potentially being stranded until able to book a flight back.

Seems like a good deal for some who say, has family in Alaska and flys back and forth etc.

Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First, you have to be willing to fly Frontier. Next, since booking is the day before, you have to be flexible.

Ultimately, with the terms and conditions, they’re just trying the last pass at turning non-revenue seats into any amount of revenue, so its pretty smart on their part.

Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:34 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Old Growth wrote:
Sinus211 wrote:

Seems like a good deal for some who say, has family in Alaska and flys back and forth etc.

Aside from the holiday blackout dates I guess that would make a lot of sense. I hadn't considered people that have flights as technically a commute.

Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cheapest of the cheap, I would never fly Frontier or Spirit to preserve my mental health.

Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not seeing where it has to be one day before, just at least one day before, and not same day. At least that's how I read it.

The bigger issue is, it seems like there's only 3 places in the country they fly non-stop to, from SEA. The rest are like 16 and 20 hour layovers.

They also CHARGE for not only checked bags, but carry-ons as well. There's $100s in fees just for those 2 things.

Eff that.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:01 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I'm not seeing where it has to be one day before, just at least one day before, and not same day. At least that's how I read it.

The bigger issue is, it seems like there's only 3 places in the country they fly non-stop to, from SEA. The rest are like 16 and 20 hour layovers.

They also CHARGE for not only checked bags, but carry-ons as well. There's $100s in fees just for those 2 things.

Eff that.

Under their "Things you should know" section

Quote:
Flights can be booked and confirmed the day before flight departure for domestic travel and starting 10 days before flight departure for international travel

And wow, they charge for carry ons?

Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]