Switch to full style
General Chit-Chat, comments etc
Post a reply

Re: Membership Drive

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:54 pm

If I find work in Lakewood area, absolutely to stay!

Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Goose wrote:If I find work in Lakewood area, absolutely to stay!

what kind of work are you looking for? maybe we can help luxhello

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:00 pm

If i had a car, I'd have my old job heh. (worked for 7UP for a few years) Otherwise I have minor computer experience from my days in the Army (74C)

Otherwise, since being out I've done retail merchandising, Point of Sale management, and retail sales. Anything retail would be fine if I can walk or it's in Lakewood until I can get a car. But, PM me if anyone has other questions. I don't wanna hijack the membership thread.

(To keep on the membership drive topic, I recruited a friend while typing this)

Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Goose wrote:(To keep on the membership drive topic, I recruited a friend while typing this)

Oh yeah? Well, I recruited THREE while reading this!

Beat THAT!

:monkeydance:

Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:30 pm

Goose wrote:If i had a car, I'd have my old job heh. (worked for 7UP for a few years) Otherwise I have minor computer experience from my days in the Army (74C)

Otherwise, since being out I've done retail merchandising, Point of Sale management, and retail sales. Anything retail would be fine if I can walk or it's in Lakewood until I can get a car. But, PM me if anyone has other questions. I don't wanna hijack the membership thread.

(To keep on the membership drive topic, I recruited a friend while typing this)

no hijacking going on here it is keeping it on top lol

and check out work source online the have about 1,500 in tacoma

Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:57 am

I got a few people to come over, maybe more once I get rolling!

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:17 am

If you hand me a stack of fliers, I can pass them out at the Vancouver show to gather some southern members. AR15firing

Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:19 am

coctailer wrote:If you hand me a stack of fliers, I can pass them out at the Vancouver show to gather some southern members. AR15firing

It shall be done....

Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:31 am

Having all future SOTM gear handled by WaGuns will hopefully be a good drive... :D

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:13 am

Ten months, 1200 members! That is just too fucking cool! Congratulations to all concerned with raising the profile of this forum. Please do all you can to spread the word.

I believe that this site continues to offer the best informative, knowledgeable, social, gun enthusiasts home base relative to any other forum out there. Most of the competition gets way too draconian, and regulatory for their own good. Major props to the moderators of Wa Guns for keeping it real here - may it always be this way.

I hope 2012 brings Wa Guns 3-4000 new members. I know I will do my part to make that happen with my friends, neighbors, co-workers, and customers at work. This forum is worth the effort.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Thank you, Rene, for being a huge part of that effort. You've been extremely supportive and enthusiastic, and I know we all appreciate that. :tiphat:

RENCORP wrote:Most of the competition gets way too draconian, and regulatory for their own good. Major props to the moderators of Wa Guns for keeping it real here - may it always be this way.

Agreed . . . "may it always be this way."

One of the advantages that we have is that WaGuns is still a very comfortable size, and I think we have a nice "family" feel. We all get along and respect each other, and with rare exceptions we treat each other as we should. With members like that, the moderators don't have much to do. :D

As we get larger, though, we -- all of us -- are going to need to work hard to keep this atmosphere. As new members join, we want them to see the right examples set, and hopefully they will love this place as much as we do, and help it prosper.

We will inevitably get folks that can't play well with others, and we'll need to go "Draconian" on their asses . . . and that's okay. Let's just make sure that we get those bad apples into the yard waste cart before any spoilage spreads.

What a great site!

:party:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks guys! This place is only what you guys make of it, and you guys are rockin'!

I am still needing to talk to Steve and Brandon, but I am hoping we have a table or two at the Puyallup WAC in Feb.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:15 am

Massivedesign wrote:Thanks guys! This place is only what you guys make of it, and you guys are rockin'!

I am still needing to talk to Steve and Brandon, but I am hoping we have a table or two at the Puyallup WAC in Feb.

Gunshow tables are full of win!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:19 am

I just have to say that I just happened to stumble upon you guys while looking up stuff for when I move up there (I am way to overly excited to get out of CA) and I have been a suporter of the cal forum for a long time. Even though I have not a WA resident I find myself spending more time on here then on the other forum . The atmosphere on here is WAAAAYYYYY better, the people are WAAAAY more respectful, and the mods are way more down to earth. I am just so happy to find a place that you dont have to worry about being banned because someone in the "in" crowd doesn't agree with what you are saying or that other users are just shit-talking all the time. You guys also have made me feel welcome from the get-go.

I can't wait to move, possibly shoot with some of you, and do anything I can to help this OUTSTANDING site grow.

Thanks again for all your hard work!! thumbsup

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:29 am

Hedge wrote:I just have to say that I just happened to stumble upon you guys while looking up stuff for when I move up there (I am way to overly excited to get out of CA) and I have been a suporter of the cal forum for a long time. Even though I have not a WA resident I find myself spending more time on here then on the other forum . The atmosphere on here is WAAAAYYYYY better, the people are WAAAAY more respectful, and the mods are way more down to earth. I am just so happy to find a place that you dont have to worry about being banned because someone in the "in" crowd doesn't agree with what you are saying or that other users are just shit-talking all the time. You guys also have made me feel welcome from the get-go.

I can't wait to move, possibly shoot with some of you, and do anything I can to help this OUTSTANDING site grow.

Thanks again for all your hard work!! thumbsup

Thanks for the kind words Hedge. This site exists because three of us (Myself, Madpick and TacticalAssault) were also tired of the way other forums were run and how they treated members. We created this site because we knew we could be better and provide an atmosphere that would just allow members to be themselves and not some ban-paranoid internet tough-guy. We still shit-talk, a lot, but that's more a social aspect because we all know, at the end of the day, we are just a bunch of people who share the passion of the 2A. We have meets and shoots often too, so I am sure there will be many occasions where we will all be throwing lead downrange together.
Post a reply