Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274, 1275, 1276 ... 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

There seems to be gang shootings daily in seattle......most times luckily no one hurt.

Maybe the City Council could pass out free HiPoint lazer sights.

This would help in two ways.

It would improve aim and maybe the Lazer will sweep an aircraft....that way they'll get jail time.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just got done updating various accounts with my new Visa card number . . . yeah, yet another one since once again my last card was used at an unknown merchant that was compromised. I didn't have any fraudulent charges, but I guess someone did.

What a pain in the ass. :angryfire:

The expiration date on the cards has become irrelevant. They always get canceled long before they expire!

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I just got done updating various accounts with my new Visa card number . . . yeah, yet another one since once again my last card was used at an unknown merchant that was compromised. I didn't have any fraudulent charges, but I guess someone did.

What a pain in the ass. :angryfire:

The expiration date on the cards has become irrelevant. They always get canceled long before they expire!

That sucks, wonder what merchant...

We've had this, like, 3 or 4 times in the last few years.

The good part is, both BECU and Chase are really good, and both overnighted new cards to us.

What sucks is figuring out which autopay needs to be dealt with... icon_eek

Glad it was caught, though :thumbsup2:

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:43 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I’m starting to use PayPal for autopay wherever I can. That way, I can update the credit card with PayPal, and that one update covers multiple merchants.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
I’m starting to use PayPal for autopay wherever I can. That way, I can update the credit card with PayPal, and that one update covers multiple merchants.

Interesting...might look into that.

BECU is good for autopay...as a Credit Union, there are other protections that are offered....but, the wifey likes to use Chase on a couple bigger things, for the points, or whatever...

Going back & figuring out the passwords & stuff is a pain, though :bigsmile:

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
dreadi wrote:
Or maybe you were being played. Did you see her shoes?

No, I didn't stick my head into the drive through window. I honestly don't think she had the mental capacity for that

She also wasn't asking me to buy her shoes or for money, just where to get them. When I mentioned the mall I could tell she wasn't too clear on where it was or how to get there

We take for granted all the little things. If I need a pair of shoes I just order them online or drive over to the skechers store. It's a very small time commitment, one of maybe a dozen things I'll do in a day

For that young lady it's a huge deal. I doubt she has a car so taking a bus to get over there and back would take half a day. The money for new shoes is probably a big hit to her financially

Hopefully she has some resources to help her out. I worked in a dish room with folks like her. They all lived in a group home and had social workers looking out for them

I'll go back by today and see if she's working. Maybe ask the manager if I can help. I don't want to get her in trouble though

Sorry, this is probably the only time I'll be able to legitimately post this and still be on topic... so, thank you for the opportunity, I have to take it.. ... :thumbsup2: :bigsmile: :ROFLMAO:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
I was presented with a situation where I could have helped someone and I didn't

For lunch I went to McD. Not my usual preference but it's on the way to my shop and I like that they do the Ron McD house and are generally a decent company. The gal that took my money at the drive through was in a bit of a panic. She took my money and gave change with no issue (the total was something .03 and I gave her $20 +.03, didn't even flinch). Then out of the blue asked if I knew when she could get non-slip shoes

Odd question. I answered that I buy my work shoes at the Skechers store over by the mall and I'm sure that they have shoes that would work for her. She said that her shoes just fell apart and she needed new ones. At this point I surmised that she is special needs and that the shoes are probably part of her employment. She was really concerned about shoes at the moment

So my lizard brain is thinking that I'm self conscious when in the drive through. Don't want to be 'that guy' who holds things up. Once we got to the point where I didn't think we had anything else to offer each other I pulled forward to the second window

What I should have done is ask what her shoe size is, gone over to the store to get her a pair of shoes, and brought them back. They always have a buy one get one half off deal and I go through shoes like Steve goes through cake. It could have been a great day for both of us

Reading this just fucked me up. Got me reflecting on my self as I’ve noticed i lost memory power and attention to detail lately.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haha ha hahaha awesome

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:54 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Held up finishing a $3K job because of a mis-boxed $8 bearing.

I've had the clutch here for 2 days but the flywheel was at the machine shop.

Bearing fits the pilot but not the flywheel.

6202 instead of a 6002

The 6202 might as well be a ham n cheese sandwich.

Reading Comprehension?

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:36 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At least you could eat the ham and cheese. The bearing, not so much

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Sorry, this is probably the only time I'll be able to legitimately post this and still be on topic... so, thank you for the opportunity, I have to take it.. ... :thumbsup2: :bigsmile: :ROFLMAO:

Re: What has pissed you off today?

That I actually clicked on that video...

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

UpDog wrote:
RocketScott wrote:
I was presented with a situation where I could have helped someone and I didn't

For lunch I went to McD. Not my usual preference but it's on the way to my shop and I like that they do the Ron McD house and are generally a decent company. The gal that took my money at the drive through was in a bit of a panic. She took my money and gave change with no issue (the total was something .03 and I gave her $20 +.03, didn't even flinch). Then out of the blue asked if I knew when she could get non-slip shoes

Odd question. I answered that I buy my work shoes at the Skechers store over by the mall and I'm sure that they have shoes that would work for her. She said that her shoes just fell apart and she needed new ones. At this point I surmised that she is special needs and that the shoes are probably part of her employment. She was really concerned about shoes at the moment

So my lizard brain is thinking that I'm self conscious when in the drive through. Don't want to be 'that guy' who holds things up. Once we got to the point where I didn't think we had anything else to offer each other I pulled forward to the second window

What I should have done is ask what her shoe size is, gone over to the store to get her a pair of shoes, and brought them back. They always have a buy one get one half off deal and I go through shoes like Steve goes through cake. It could have been a great day for both of us

Reading this just fucked me up. Got me reflecting on my self as I’ve noticed i lost memory power and attention to detail lately.

join the club.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
UpDog wrote:

join the club.

Yer not kidding!

3 times, just today, I have been talking with someone, and thought they were arguing with me. Completely seemed like combative situations. They thought so, too.

I stepped back and took a minute... Then realized we were actually both saying the same thing.

What is happening to logical comprehension?

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:25 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
UpDog wrote:

join the club.

Yer not kidding!

3 times, just today, I have been talking with someone, and thought they were arguing with me. Completely seemed like combative situations. They thought so, too.

I stepped back and took a minute... Then realized we were actually both saying the same thing.

Logical comprehension is lost anytime a person is only concerned about their point of view and not paying attention to what the other person is saying, and also when they aren’t paying attention to what they said themselves.

And furthermore, it’s becoming more common to be lost due to our ability to easily publish our thoughts at any time. Creating a growing cultural shift across multiple generations of people that are more concerned about getting their point across instead of understanding others.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

dreadi wrote:
Selador wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
UpDog wrote:

join the club.

Yer not kidding!

Logical comprehension is lost anytime a person is only concerned about their point of view and not paying attention to what the other person is saying, and also when they aren’t paying attention to what they said themselves.

And furthermore, it’s becoming more common to be lost due to our ability to easily publish our thoughts at any time. Creating a growing cultural shift across multiple generations of people that are more concerned about getting their point across instead of understanding others.

What were you saying dreadi........... :bigsmile: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Last edited by Nitro_Guns on Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1270, 1271, 1272, 1273, 1274, 1275, 1276 ... 1909  Next