Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1759, 1760, 1761, 1762, 1763, 1764, 1765 ... 1904  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Me: OK, so tell me please, what is a responsible gun owner?

Reply: Peter Harris
My definition of a responsible gun owner is a person that is aware of how dangerous these thigs are, do not carry them around in public where they can harm others. Follow the NRA safety rules. safely store them in their homes and accept some modest gun reforms to reduce the number of victims of gun violence. Like me, I am a responsible gun owner.

Reply: Darlin' Boudreau
The repeated rhetoric you espouse; "....the politicians...want to take them (guns) away..." is a completely false statement.

Where was this?

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
AR15L wrote:

My definition of a responsible gun owner is a person that is aware of how dangerous these thigs are, do not carry them around in public where they can harm others. Follow the NRA safety rules. safely store them in their homes and accept some modest gun reforms to reduce the number of victims of gun violence. Like me, I am a responsible gun owner.

The repeated rhetoric you espouse; "....the politicians...want to take them (guns) away..." is a completely false statement.

Where was this?

FB KING5 page. Your back yard. :rofl9:

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Pablo wrote:
AR15L wrote:

Where was this?

FB KING5 page. Your back yard. :rofl9:

FUDs everywhere!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:05 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My stolen car was recovered last weekend. (After having been broken into the previous week) Thanks to some help from a friend, I got the ignition cylinder replaced, and the steering column put back together.

Last night I helplessly watched a 10-12 year old little kid break my window for shits and giggles. I watched as he and his friends ran off laughing at the mayhem they had caused.

As I sit here on the front porch writing this, a guy stares into my open and empty car as he walks by carrying a rolled up length of stolen electrical cable. A club boldly carried in one hand, and a pair of bolt cutters sticking out of his backpack. I don't say anything as he walks past. Not MY electrical cable...not my problem, right?

Obviously the two situations aren't related, but I mention it because it happened while I'm sitting there contemplating how shitty our culture has become, and how quickly society is circling the drain. I just wish I wasn't stuck in the fast current.

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:14 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm convinced Amazon uses societal rejects for their independent drivers.

Got a call on my 'emergency' contact # from Amazon last week to 'make sure my dogs are locked up'.. Weird... dogs (which aren't mine) are locked in a kennel.. I verified it.. no big deal. Driver heard barking and assumed they were out... Whatever.

Next order a couple days later, I verify my delivery instructions, which have detailed notes on how to access the driveway, what the gate code is, etc. and... it's all gone... replaced with *FOLLOW AMAZON PET GUIDELINES*...

Turns out, the piece of shit driver, who is apparently scared of dogs, who CALLED HIS DISPATCH center, complained about 2 barking dogs... not even malicious barking dogs, but 'hey, pay attention to me! Come play with me!' barking.... then REMOVED ALL MY DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS, to replace it with some BS to the driver about dogs being on site.

Fucking assholes.

Now, I was able to edit this information BEFORE I submitted the order... adding back all the information ref: Gate code, driveway location, etc.

Later that night, I get a txt in the Amazon app 'How do I access the property?'... that was closed out like 1 min later.... order not delivered...

WTF..

Driver NEVER looked at delivery instructions.. Just came to a locked gate, waited a minute, then left when I didn't answer immediately.

So, I call Amazon...and as I'm on the phone with them, they say 'oh, it's been delivered!', even after telling me they confirmed that it wasn't delivered... Apparently they sent a message to him, and he came back by and dumped it over the side of the fence, in front of the gate, just leaving it there....

I can understand honest mistakes. Own up to them, shit happens, learn from them, move on.. Not a big deal.

Incompetence? I cannot stand.

You have Google/Apple maps, with a STREET VIEW of the address showing the gate. A literal picture of what things look like. There's zero excuse to say 'I can't find it'...

You have explicit instructions to NOT go down Street C or Street A, and that the gate/entrance is on Avenue B.. Which is ON the main road... The address is 123 Main Ave, and they'll go down Street A instead of staying on Main Ave.

You have explicit instructions to NOT leave stuff at the gate... as it gets stolen... and you'd think they'd learn their lesson after Amazon has replaced half a dozen orders due to theft.

You have a code to enter into a keypad to gain entrance to the property, in addition to a description of the location of the keypad, which is not only at eye level, but even visible from the roadway, and even visible in google street view. 'I couldn't find the keypad' isn't a valid excuse.

If ALL ELSE fails, you have a PHONE NUMBER that goes directly to me, so you can ask ANY question you want, or have me meet you at the gate, or whatever..

But no... You completely ignore ALL the assets at your disposal, and do the easiest/most convenient thing to you...

Am I asking too much? For people to have some independent thought?

Such a love/hate situation with some companies.

Some shit I need TODAY or within a few days, and they provide that service.. and to be fair, about 70% of the time it works as it's supposed to.... But that 30% failure rate is just like.. WTF is going on here?!

At least the Amazon rep was honest and said 'I don't have anything to tell you, I'm not gonna tell you it won't happen again because I can see in your history how many times our drivers have messed up and how many times you've had to call in'.... Fuck, thanks for the honesty..... It was actually a breath of fresh air for someone to say, in not so many words 'I'm not gonna bother bullshitting you, we obviously have a problem'...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quit fucking around and have it shipped to one of their Amazon Lockers.

Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
Quit fucking around and have it shipped to one of their Amazon Lockers.

Not everything can be shipped to a locker... and a lot of times it pushes delivery back 1 day.

Driving 20+mins to a locker defeats the purpose of having it delivered :bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:37 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Another Piece of shit shot up a car full of kids on Hilltop yesterday...killed a 14 yr old girl.

Fucking News cant figure out why....

blames everything but the soft on crime DEMOCRAT run City.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:33 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

WaJim wrote:

Another Piece of shit shot up a car full of kids on Hilltop yesterday...killed a 14 yr old girl.

Fucking News cant figure out why....

blames everything but the soft on crime DEMOCRAT run City.

Yeah I’m getting pretty sick of hearing about the gun problem. It’s not a gun problem idiots, it’s a crime problem. Seattle has always had guns. What it hasn’t had is a spiraling drug epidemic, an out of control homeless population, and a huge influx of gangs dealing drugs to all the street users.

How soft in the head are they? How hard is it to realize policies that are soft on criminals have lead to more crime?

So if you’re loosening criminal penalties but enacting stricter gun control measures and violent crime continues to increase, what’s that tell you?

Anyone watching the real estate market can tell you Seattle home values are not riding the same curve as the surrounding areas, especially the east side. I’m excited for the day Seattle can’t afford their bloated, feel good budget due to property tax revenue loss and business revenue loss. Bellevue will be the new Seattle.

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:52 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:

Got a call on my 'emergency' contact # from Amazon last week to 'make sure my dogs are locked up'.. Weird... dogs (which aren't mine) are locked in a kennel.. I verified it.. no big deal. Driver heard barking and assumed they were out... Whatever.

Next order a couple days later, I verify my delivery instructions, which have detailed notes on how to access the driveway, what the gate code is, etc. and... it's all gone... replaced with *FOLLOW AMAZON PET GUIDELINES*...

Turns out, the piece of shit driver, who is apparently scared of dogs, who CALLED HIS DISPATCH center, complained about 2 barking dogs... not even malicious barking dogs, but 'hey, pay attention to me! Come play with me!' barking.... then REMOVED ALL MY DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS, to replace it with some BS to the driver about dogs being on site.

Fucking assholes.

Now, I was able to edit this information BEFORE I submitted the order... adding back all the information ref: Gate code, driveway location, etc.

Later that night, I get a txt in the Amazon app 'How do I access the property?'... that was closed out like 1 min later.... order not delivered...

WTF..

Driver NEVER looked at delivery instructions.. Just came to a locked gate, waited a minute, then left when I didn't answer immediately.

So, I call Amazon...and as I'm on the phone with them, they say 'oh, it's been delivered!', even after telling me they confirmed that it wasn't delivered... Apparently they sent a message to him, and he came back by and dumped it over the side of the fence, in front of the gate, just leaving it there....

I can understand honest mistakes. Own up to them, shit happens, learn from them, move on.. Not a big deal.

You have Google/Apple maps, with a STREET VIEW of the address showing the gate. A literal picture of what things look like. There's zero excuse to say 'I can't find it'...

You have explicit instructions to NOT go down Street C or Street A, and that the gate/entrance is on Avenue B.. Which is ON the main road... The address is 123 Main Ave, and they'll go down Street A instead of staying on Main Ave.

You have explicit instructions to NOT leave stuff at the gate... as it gets stolen... and you'd think they'd learn their lesson after Amazon has replaced half a dozen orders due to theft.

You have a code to enter into a keypad to gain entrance to the property, in addition to a description of the location of the keypad, which is not only at eye level, but even visible from the roadway, and even visible in google street view. 'I couldn't find the keypad' isn't a valid excuse.

If ALL ELSE fails, you have a PHONE NUMBER that goes directly to me, so you can ask ANY question you want, or have me meet you at the gate, or whatever..

But no... You completely ignore ALL the assets at your disposal, and do the easiest/most convenient thing to you...

Some shit I need TODAY or within a few days, and they provide that service.. and to be fair, about 70% of the time it works as it's supposed to.... But that 30% failure rate is just like.. WTF is going on here?!

At least the Amazon rep was honest and said 'I don't have anything to tell you, I'm not gonna tell you it won't happen again because I can see in your history how many times our drivers have messed up and how many times you've had to call in'.... Fuck, thanks for the honesty..... It was actually a breath of fresh air for someone to say, in not so many words 'I'm not gonna bother bullshitting you, we obviously have a problem'...

What more do you need to tell your self to stop using Amazon?

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Fucking assholes.

WTF..

The fact that they've resent orders.. then delivered the 'lost' package the next day, and after being called about the 'lost' package, told me to keep the replacement and the original..... Easily couple hundred bucks worth of stuff... heh.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:30 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Caveman Jim wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Fucking assholes.

WTF..

The fact that they've resent orders.. then delivered the 'lost' package the next day, and after being called about the 'lost' package, told me to keep the replacement and the original..... Easily couple hundred bucks worth of stuff... heh.

Then I would quit bitching about them.......

Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seeing all the firearms on store sites online as "restricted in your area" when you click on them. It's total bullshit. :cussing:

If states can fricking declare "sanctuary" anytime they want to publicly break laws then we should all be able to as well. It's total BS that we follow every unjust law they declare but they can pick and choose which ones they follow and no one prosecutes them. It makes me wonder if this is really the United States anymore. :cussing:

People need to stop giving progressives oral sex when it comes to diplomacy/law/politics.

Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1759, 1760, 1761, 1762, 1763, 1764, 1765 ... 1904  Next