Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:06 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Scvette wrote:
I'm back up fishing,but I'm on the company's little boat. It's only 125' compared to the 170' one I usually run. I used to run this boat years ago and I forgot how freaking much this thing rolls side to side. It's hardly even blowing out N20 but it feels like we're in a raging storm. Don't know how many times I woke up on my last sleep shift sliding across the mattress. I also don't know why they made the bed 3 1/2' off the deck,other than to get 4 deep drawers under it. You'd think this boat wouldn't roll so much being 40' wide,the 170' is only 34' and rides so much better than this one.

That bites, hope this is a quick trip for you...

Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
Scvette wrote:
I'm back up fishing,but I'm on the company's little boat. It's only 125' compared to the 170' one I usually run. I used to run this boat years ago and I forgot how freaking much this thing rolls side to side. It's hardly even blowing out N20 but it feels like we're in a raging storm. Don't know how many times I woke up on my last sleep shift sliding across the mattress. I also don't know why they made the bed 3 1/2' off the deck,other than to get 4 deep drawers under it. You'd think this boat wouldn't roll so much being 40' wide,the 170' is only 34' and rides so much better than this one.

That bites, hope this is a quick trip for you...

It should be,this boat only holds 17,500cs the other boat is 24,700cs. Fishing has started out slow though,but still hoping to get home before 4th of July

Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On my bike and stuck in traffic with a couple of stoners passing a bong with their car windows down and blowing out clouds of crap right into me thru 5 traffic light cycles at 66th bridge. They didn't give a shit when I yelled at them.
Thought of calling the cops, figured they have more important shit then dealing with a couple of dopers, at least until they kill someone in a traffic accident, and hoping they at least kill themselves and not anybody else.

I thought doing that kind of stupid shit stopped when you grew up?

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

STED9R wrote:
On my bike and stuck in traffic with a couple of stoners passing a bong with their car windows down and blowing out clouds of crap right into me thru 5 traffic light cycles at 66th bridge. They didn't give a shit when I yelled at them.
Thought of calling the cops, figured they have more important shit then dealing with a couple of dopers, at least until they kill someone in a traffic accident, and hoping they at least kill themselves and not anybody else.

Who says they grew up?

Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:45 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

17yr old 'girls' that havent passed the 11th grade yet/again are mean as shit....

I told my kid to dump that baggage.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

AR15L wrote:
STED9R wrote:

Who says they grew up?

Nope. It sure doesn't.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

noticing pay rates for framers (I'm too old to do that shiite any more BUT) When I was a fresh faced kid back in 1980, framers were starting at $15/hr. Just saw an ad for framers paying.... $14-25. Wages sure have been stagnant it would seem. Meanwhile people who play-test and design computer games get how much money for their "productivity"?

What's framing cost for a new house these days? $16-18 sq/ft? (honest question)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
noticing pay rates for framers (I'm too old to do that shiite any more BUT) When I was a fresh faced kid back in 1980, framers were starting at $15/hr. Just saw an ad for framers paying.... $14-25. Wages sure have been stagnant it would seem. Meanwhile people who play-test and design computer games get how much money for their "productivity"?

What's framing cost for a new house these days? $16-18 sq/ft? (honest question)

I paid $7.5 per sq foot framed last year when my house was built. Most are charging 9-10ish I was told at the time but he was a friend so cut me a deal.

Union carpenters start out at $20ish and goes up to $40 I believe. A friend of mine is doing it and is in the 30s right now. Not sure what non-union framers get haven’t talked to many on job sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just because the ad lists that wage doesn't mean they're getting people to come out for it.

Over on another gun site there was a guy complaining that he couldn't get any framers for $12. It was pointed out that lots of places pay more than that for less skilled jobs

I'm mostly still charging in the single digits, although I've been throwing out some ridiculous numbers and they've accepted them.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
Just because the ad lists that wage doesn't mean they're getting people to come out for it.

Over on another gun site there was a guy complaining that he couldn't get any framers for $12. It was pointed out that lots of places pay more than that for less skilled jobs

I'm mostly still charging in the single digits, although I've been throwing out some ridiculous numbers and they've accepted them.

It’s insane how people think they can hire people for cheap when they can work somewhere else for quite a bit more. I’m a mobile crane operator and it happens a lot in my industry.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:28 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Found out today that its damn near impossible to hang up/disconnect from robo-telemarketer calls.

I needed the phone. Swear it wouldn't disconnect no matter how many times I hung up or how long I waited ..

Till Robo was done with his speel.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:38 am

STED9R wrote:

I've been sitting in my truck outside of some of the local gun stores located near pot shops. After buying stuff in the gun store and checking out my stuff, I can watch people come and go into he cannibas shop, walk out, get in there car right next to me and pack their pipes. They light up, smoke a bit, and start driving. You can rest assured I call the local PD to report their license and vehicle type. Just as bad as DD/DUI in my mind. Just because it's legalised and de-criminalised doesn't mean youe get to drive stoned.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:03 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

waglocker wrote:
STED9R wrote:

I've been sitting in my truck outside of some of the local gun stores located near pot shops. After buying stuff in the gun store and checking out my stuff, I can watch people come and go into he cannibas shop, walk out, get in there car right next to me and pack their pipes. They light up, smoke a bit, and start driving. You can rest assured I call the local PD to report their license and vehicle type. Just as bad as DD/DUI in my mind. Just because it's legalised and de-criminalised doesn't mean youe get to drive stoned.

The AC air exchanger in the LE Bay @ WCA so. will actually draw in outside air that smells like dope from the potshop next door.....while you shoot IDPA.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quote:
Seattle’s plastic utensil ban starts July 1

Quote:
You won't be able to find plastic straws or utensils when you go out to eat in Seattle after July 1.
Author: Jimmy Bernhard
Published: 9:50 AM PDT June 19, 2018
Updated: 11:37 AM PDT June 19, 2018
Starting July 1, Seattle businesses that sell food or drinks will be banned from offering petroleum-based plastic straws or utensils.

https://www.king5.com/article/tech/science/environment/seattles-plastic-utensil-ban-starts-july-1/565640820

Reason #734 not to go to Seattle.

What are they going to give us, chopsticks? Hard to eat soup with.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Previous landlord just sent me a bill saying I owe him over $1,500 for supposedly near 40 hours of cleaning that needed to be done on an already clean house.

So, not only did he take the security deposit, he's attempting to keep the utility deposit to pay for it, and wants an additional couple hundred bucks for me in cash. And then threatens me with interest and payment fees if I don't pay him.

And, he left a big giant styrofoam thing leaning up against the fence, the wind came and blew it down, and the fence is old and rotted, and he said that I was lucky that he didn't charge me for the broken styrofoam or the fence being rotted.

What a piece of shit.

Now I have to do all the homework and paperwork and figure out how to sue this fucker to get my money back.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1074, 1075, 1076, 1077, 1078, 1079, 1080 ... 1908  Next