Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1799, 1800, 1801, 1802, 1803, 1804, 1805 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Why does it take 40 years to find someone that you can actually get along with in every situation .

Been doing this shit for a long time, was married etc...lots of relationships but never without holding back on some fucking thing.

Why close to the end of the road do we find those that fit?

I suppose i should consider myself lucky to find the one I have now...

You found her Jim, that's what counts. None of the rest matters now.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WaJim wrote:
Why does it take 40 years to find someone that you can actually get along with in every situation .

Been doing this shit for a long time, was married etc...lots of relationships but never without holding back on some fucking thing.

Why close to the end of the road do we find those that fit?

I suppose i should consider myself lucky to find the one I have now...

Takes a while to grow up!
2 marriages here, this one still going after 33.
Seems like the first 10+ years you're both growing, add kids and extend that until they move out!
Once I hit about 45, I felt that I was finally ready to be married, even though we'd already been together for 13 year's already.
I've had a few good relationships, 2 engagements and a 3 year marriage thinking this was the one each time. After 33 years of marriage, a shit ton of ups and downs for many years at the start and an awful lot of growing up, I have definitely found the one.
We just both needed to grow up and be older!
Never stop growing up.

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:28 am

Bank of America. Two different credit cards my aunt had with them to pay off, and they have to make everything as much of a bloody pain in the ass as they possibly can...

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Diamondback wrote:
Bank of America. Two different credit cards my aunt had with them to pay off, and they have to make everything as much of a bloody pain in the ass as they possibly can...

Shit, when I had a Best Buy store credit card, the fuckers STOLE my money. I overpaid my bill by like 60 cents or something.... I would get a statement showing negative 60 cents....

Finally, after like 2 or 3 months, I got a statement showing 0 balance... Went online, and sure as shit 'Small balance adjustment' showed a 60 cent (or whatever it was) charge... bringing it to $0.

I called HSBC..... 'Sir, you can't have money in the account, it's not a checking account, so we zeroed it out'..... OK, whatever, so did they send a check or anything? Nope. Literally just stole my money. I demanded they put it back, they said they can't because it was a zero balance. I told them to send me a check, on principle... Nope... zero balance, no money TO return. Fine, so if I buy something, you'll put a 60 cent credit on my account to offset it? NOPE.. Literally stole my money.

Apparently it's standard practice for them. According to their policies/procedures, if there's an amount left in the account that was overpaid and it's below a certain dollar amount, it just gets whisked away, never to be seen again....and it's buried in the fine print, under 'unclaimed credits'.... apparently you're required to notify them that you want a check cut...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Diamondback wrote:

Shit, when I had a Best Buy store credit card, the fuckers STOLE my money. I overpaid my bill by like 60 cents or something.... I would get a statement showing negative 60 cents....

Finally, after like 2 or 3 months, I got a statement showing 0 balance... Went online, and sure as shit 'Small balance adjustment' showed a 60 cent (or whatever it was) charge... bringing it to $0.

I called HSBC..... 'Sir, you can't have money in the account, it's not a checking account, so we zeroed it out'..... OK, whatever, so did they send a check or anything? Nope. Literally just stole my money. I demanded they put it back, they said they can't because it was a zero balance. I told them to send me a check, on principle... Nope... zero balance, no money TO return. Fine, so if I buy something, you'll put a 60 cent credit on my account to offset it? NOPE.. Literally stole my money.

Apparently it's standard practice for them. According to their policies/procedures, if there's an amount left in the account that was overpaid and it's below a certain dollar amount, it just gets whisked away, never to be seen again....and it's buried in the fine print, under 'unclaimed credits'.... apparently you're required to notify them that you want a check cut...

If it's in the contract then they did'nt "STEAL" anything...you left it there and they took it per the contract

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

codfather wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Diamondback wrote:

If it's in the contract then they did'nt "STEAL" anything...you left it there and they took it per the contract

Fair enough. The fact that they'd bury something like that is BS. I actually DID see it before I signed up, but I was told it was only for promotions, eg if they have a 'Spend $100 and get $10 back' kinda thing and if I didn't submit the recpt within a certain time or whatever then you couldn't come back a year later and request it... I had no clue it applied to ANY credited balance...

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Walmart.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not pissed just disappointed after spending money on a monster sized Slim Jim. Did the company who makes them change the recipe, did they suddenly start tasting bad, or have they always been shit? If not liking Slim Jims makes me un-American, so be it! Fucking things are gross!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:17 pm

Eddie Dean wrote:
Not pissed just disappointed after spending money on a monster sized Slim Jim. Did the company who makes them change the recipe, did they suddenly start tasting bad, or have they always been shit? If not liking Slim Jims makes me un-American, so be it! Fucking things are gross!

Slim Jims are best left in the 1980s along with their chief endorser "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

What have YOU done to defend your gun rights against the idiots in DC and Olympia today?

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Eddie Dean wrote:

It's not you...

But, the normal slim jims taste a hell of a lot better. I think it has to do with the crispy skin vs filling ratio.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

It's not you...

But, the normal slim jims taste a hell of a lot better. I think it has to do with the crispy skin vs filling ratio.

I used to eat these things with much joy. I've noticed a drastically change in their flavor in the last few months. I suppose I keep buying one every month hoping to get one that doesn't taste like shit. Deli style is absolutely awful. I accidentally bought one of those a couple years ago and bit into it while driving to CT. I had to roll down the window and spit that awful shit out and chuck rest of the stick on the NJ Turnpike.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our tastes change as we get older

Sweets are the last to go, that's why Biden can pretty much be bought with a snack pack or otter pop

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

Sweets are the last to go, that's why Biden can pretty much be bought with a snack pack or otter pop

I definitely laughed at this one...while drinking a syrupy sweet White Russian. Minus the weed I'm pretty much Jeff Lebowski at this point in my life...

Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:

His sense of smell is strong as ever. He can sniff out small children from a mile away.

Diamondback wrote:
Eddie Dean wrote:

Slim Jims are best left in the 1980s along with their chief endorser "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

HOL' UP, MISTER! DON'T YOU EVER SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT MACHO MAN RANDY SAVAGE! He was basically a magician in this promo.

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1799, 1800, 1801, 1802, 1803, 1804, 1805 ... 1908  Next