Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1773, 1774, 1775, 1776, 1777, 1778, 1779 ... 1908  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Get a letter from the IRS.

You actually heard from them!?

Fuckers owe me several grand. Haven’t heard boo

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RocketScott wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Get a letter from the IRS.

You actually heard from them!?

Fuckers owe me several grand. Haven’t heard boo

Page 1776 is appropriate for this discussion.

:bigsmile:

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Page 1776

How is targeting totally legal gun owners working out?

After bloody weekend, Seattle mayor and police chief decry gun violence
komonews.com/news/politics/after-bloody-weekend-seattle-mayor-and-police-chief-decry-gun-violence

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a guy pass away in his sleep here on island. Due to the weather and Air Force being lazy, they have him stashed in the large food storage cooler. Going to be an interesting week.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NotAMerc wrote:
Had a guy pass away in his sleep here on island. Due to the weather and Air Force being lazy, they have him stashed in the large food storage cooler. Going to be an interesting week.

Sorry to hear that, any foul play suspected?

Were you guys friends?

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWGunner wrote:
NotAMerc wrote:

Sorry to hear that, any foul play suspected?

Were you guys friends?

Na, looks like it was in his sleep.

No, he worked in a different department. Long timer out here though so a lot of people knew him.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sorry to hear that. So he's in the Food Freezer until they can get him?

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

usrifle wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that. So he's in the Food Freezer until they can get him?

Yep. They got him bagged up but there's no way they can fly him out on the regular G-4. At least I hope not, thought the way things are being run out here they might be thinking about it.

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kinds sorta reminds me of that old song, "the cat came back".
Not because your colleague may be a :zombie: and come back to eatcher brames, but because they stuck him in the meat locker with yer viddles.

"And she took him to the butcher when the butcher wasn't around
And she dropped him in the hopper when the butcher wasn't around
Well, the cat let out with a horrible shriek
And the town's meat tasted furry for a week
But the cat came back the very next day
Thought he was a gonner, but the cat came back
'Cause he wouldn't stay away"

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, the IRS letter I got says 'call this number if you don't want to do it online'....

Call the number, wade through 2 mins of bullshit I can't skip.

'We're sorry, due to high call volume, we can't take your call, goodbye!' *click*..

Call back...

Same shit.

Call to schedule an appointment at the IRS office.... SAME SHIT...

When principles and morals collide.

Principle says I get the fucking money they owe me, regardless of how I get it back, since it's owed to me...
Morals say I probably shouldn't commit multiple felonies...
Fucking morals.

:ballchain:

Finally get in line after calling back multiple times... 60 minute wait.... whatever.... lady says I don't need to be verified...transfers me to another dep't to figure out why I don't have my refund.... another 60 minute wait.... 'I don't know the previous person said you don't need to be verified but you need to be verified before we can do anything, let me transfer you back..... 'your estimated wait time is between 30 and 60 minutes....'......

:cussing:

Current phone timer is over 2 hours right now....

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Last edited by TechnoWeenie on Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Shit has been down hill all day then almost complete T bone from a barreling then skidding double tractor trailer STRAIGHT AT US WHILE WAITING* for some slow ass to get moving. Wife screaming and with pure instinct floored it and he missed my back end by inches...

EDIT DETAILS SINCE I CALMED DOWN:

Not sure what the story was but he was NOT prepared to stop (T intersection) - maybe assumed street went through. Dunno. He did not stop in time and rolled in a business driveway at a good clip after locking brakes and going behind us.

My wife and her heart - she was freaking out about us dying. No shit.

Last edited by Pablo on Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:29 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a pre employment physical today….. Told I was about to have a Stroke based on my BP. Was not cleared.

I am own worst enemy.

Fml, now need to see another doctor and be cleared so I can start new job.

Didn’t help I had a redline and 1 banana for breakfast right before I showed up.

Which is the better: a good friend, a good heart, a good eye, a good neighbor, a good wife, or the understanding of consequences? It is none of these. A warm and senitive soul which knows the worth of fellowship and the price of the individual dignity, this is best.

Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wilmermj wrote:
Had a pre employment physical today….. Told I was about to have a Stroke based on my BP. Was not cleared.

I am own worst enemy.

Didn’t help I had a redline and 1 banana for breakfast right before I showed up.

Sorry to hear that, but it may be a blessing in disguise. Get on some BP medication and you will likely live much longer.

Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

TechnoWeenie wrote:
So, the IRS letter I got says 'call this number if you don't want to do it online'....

Call the number, wade through 2 mins of bullshit I can't skip.

'We're sorry, due to high call volume, we can't take your call, goodbye!' *click*..

Call back...

Same shit.

Call to schedule an appointment at the IRS office.... SAME SHIT...

When principles and morals collide.

Principle says I get the fucking money they owe me, regardless of how I get it back, since it's owed to me...
Morals say I probably shouldn't commit multiple felonies...
Fucking morals.

:ballchain:

Finally get in line after calling back multiple times... 60 minute wait.... whatever.... lady says I don't need to be verified...transfers me to another dep't to figure out why I don't have my refund.... another 60 minute wait.... 'I don't know the previous person said you don't need to be verified but you need to be verified before we can do anything, let me transfer you back..... 'your estimated wait time is between 30 and 60 minutes....'......

:cussing:

Current phone timer is over 2 hours right now....

Shit's only getting better...

I'm now in over 3 hours on the phone... lady picks up and asks a bunch of information about prior tax returns .... then says she can't help me because her system doesn't allow her to look up that information to verify it... after going round robin for 30 mins about why she's asking for information if she can't do anything with it she puts me on hold again, I ask for a supervisor, and says she's gonna have them call me back.. Bullshit.. I tell her to put me on hold and get me one.. she refuses... She says the only thing she can do is schedule an appointment for me at the local office... fine.. schedule me the fucking appointment.... JUST KIDDING.... she can't do that either...

I have wasted over 3 1/2 hours on the phone with people..... who did nothing but pass me around and waste my time, telling me they can't do anything.

I'm beginning to think the IRS deserves every bit of hate and Piper Dakota it gets....

EDIT:

I am now on 1 hour 3 minutes of a '15-30 minute wait'....

We're now pushing almost a combined 5 hours of this shit today.

Thomas Paine wrote:

Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:32 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
wilmermj wrote:

I am own worst enemy.

Sorry to hear that, but it may be a blessing in disguise. Get on some BP medication and you will likely live much longer.

Was gonna say, I thought my day was messed. Some good drugs with no side effects for BP

I will take rainy drivers over the fckers in sunshine lately Holy shit.

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28609 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1773, 1774, 1775, 1776, 1777, 1778, 1779 ... 1908  Next