Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:58 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309, 1310, 1311, 1312 ... 1909  Next
 What has pissed you off today? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Went to replace the last two outside-accessible locks in the house and the locks were not the standard hole size. Had to do some drilling and modifying to get them to "work" minus one of the screws. No biggie the door had about as much security as wet toilet paper anyway.

Last edited by golddigger14s on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guy at work was asking for some good old fashioned Dex III petro ATF - I said I have 6 qts, no charge. I get the partial case off the rack and set it on top off my sealed 5 gallon cans of smoker pellets so I won't forget it on the way out at 4AM. SOB. None of the quarts were leaking BEFORE. Until I pick it up. One....leaked soaked the box, got on my apple pellet container (no harm, just wipe off)..........but yeah my nicer rain coat fack, I think ruint. Will wash again. No good deed.........

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Almost as if she's trying, my sister-in-law keeps putting up vehement anti-gun posts, the latest of which is a call to boycott a gun range because they are offering a training course to women, with the tagline of the course poster being "Refuse to be a victim" or something. I hardly know my brother, and his wife is absolutely going to hate me.

I fly out to see them in December. The more this goes on, the more I really dont feel like spending my birthday in a steel tube with a hundred other people to go see a stranger, and somebody who thinks I'm evil because of my hobby.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:
Almost as if she's trying, my sister-in-law keeps putting up vehement anti-gun posts, the latest of which is a call to boycott a gun range because they are offering a training course to women, with the tagline of the course poster being "Refuse to be a victim" or something. I hardly know my brother, and his wife is absolutely going to hate me.

I fly out to see them in December. The more this goes on, the more I really dont feel like spending my birthday in a steel tube with a hundred other people to go see a stranger, and somebody who thinks I'm evil because of my hobby.

Life is short.
Don't go.

edit: Money saved on plane ticket can now go for more ammo.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:23 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:

Aluminum tube, or possibly carbon fiber

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pvanderzee wrote:

the R2BAC program is sponsored by the NRA, but live fire is *not* included. students don't even touch a firearm: http://www.dontbethevictim.com/refuse-to-be-a-victim/

Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

quantsuff wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

the R2BAC program is sponsored by the NRA, but live fire is *not* included. students don't even touch a firearm: http://www.dontbethevictim.com/refuse-to-be-a-victim/

Her type won't care. She will be triggered by the mere mention of guns/NRA.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
quantsuff wrote:
Pvanderzee wrote:

Her type won't care. She will be triggered by the mere mention of guns/NRA.

She wont care. This particular course doesnt appear to be affiliated with that program, and it does include live fire, among other things. Put on by Trigger Action Sports, wherever that is. I'm assuming it's in WI.

At first I thought about flying my handgun over there with me (WI honors WA CPLs), not only because I'm starting to never travel without it and I wanted to see how easy it was to fly with one, but also to see how she'd react to a family member that goes through life strapped. Then I started thinking I'd rather not push any buttons, but if she's as pushy about it in person as she is online, there may be no avoiding it. So I either travel strapped, as I normally do day-to-day, and she'll just have to deal with it, or I dont travel there at all.

S'pose it'd be polite to ask.

Anyway. Sometimes blood isnt family.

zombie66 wrote:
Mikey is a Bossy Bottom.....

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flying with a handgun is very easy. Just wish my OR CPL hadn't expired since I'm going to Portland next month.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FINALLY get my door today. Super heavy-duty ( and just plain heavy) three way locking system...

Lock doesn't work!

Go to Home Depot for a cabinet that I ordered whic had come in. Ask about the other item on the invoice and the man says the computer is telling him it won't be there until AT LEAST the 30th.

Get home and an email is here telling me it that it got there yesterday.

AND finally, the item they shipped directly to me that was supposed to be here today? NOT here.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

golddigger14s wrote:
Flying with a handgun is very easy. Just wish my OR CPL hadn't expired since I'm going to Portland next month.

It a good for up to a year I think. I just renewed mine and I found out it was good for a good bit after it expires.

Found it:
Renewal Process must be completed within a year of the expiration of your CHL or you will have to complete the entire CHL Process.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:

It a good for up to a year I think. I just renewed mine and I found out it was good for a good bit after it expires.

Found it:
Renewal Process must be completed within a year of the expiration of your CHL or you will have to complete the entire CHL Process.

If you renew it within a year you don't have to redo everything, but you still can't CC till it is.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:34 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Pissed that the Bronx Zoo overfeeds their lions and turned the king of the jungle into docile house pets.
They could have made a fest out of the wildebeeste.
https://1010wins.radio.com/articles/wom ... -bronx-zoo

A woman that climbed over the safety barrier and entered the African lion exhibit at the Bronx Zoo over the weekend can be seen waving and dancing in front of one of the lions in a video posted to Instagram.

The video depicts the encounter between the male lion and the woman who appears to be just a few feet from the animal.

While wearing a T-shirt and black pants, she stares at the lion and then raises her arms and begins to do a dance.

Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Guntrader wrote:
Pissed that the Bronx Zoo overfeeds their lions and turned the king of the jungle into docile house pets.
They could have made a fest out of the wildebeeste.
https://1010wins.radio.com/articles/wom ... -bronx-zoo

A woman that climbed over the safety barrier and entered the African lion exhibit at the Bronx Zoo over the weekend can be seen waving and dancing in front of one of the lions in a video posted to Instagram.

The video depicts the encounter between the male lion and the woman who appears to be just a few feet from the animal.

While wearing a T-shirt and black pants, she stares at the lion and then raises her arms and begins to do a dance.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So, when does that "Old enough to know better" shit kick in???
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:19 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Happened yesterday morning at the Park 'n Ride: a driver, Anit, pulls up, on the phone, and attempts to back into a parking space. Problem was that he was only half way in line with the space - HALF WAY - the other half was in line with the chevy pickup in the next space, so when he back up, he backed into the chevy truck. How can you NOT see a stationary FULL SIZE pickup?

Dude, glances in his rear-view briefly and then drives off to park across the parking lot. On his way to the bus he makes a point of walking by the pickup, still on his phone, and inspects his handi-work with a sneer.

I had recorded his license number, went and found his car ( parked sloppily and over hanging the next space in a typical give-a-fuck-about-everyone-else fashion) and wrote down the model and location of the offende's car, which I tucked under the wiper blade of the pickup truck.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 28626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1306, 1307, 1308, 1309, 1310, 1311, 1312 ... 1909  Next